Y'all need to chill

Quin

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think it's extremely likely that the FA market waits until the last minute to develop. Whether or not players can be afforded depends entirely on whether or not ballparks can be opened, and that depends on whether or not there's a working vaccine, and that depends on whether or not the population is willing to get it (now that they're openly pushing releasing it without completing safety tests even I'm hesitant). We won't know the answers to all those in early November. We might not even know the answers to those questions in January.

I was thinking January as well. Gonna be a long winter. 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think it's extremely likely that the FA market waits until the last minute to develop. Whether or not players can be afforded depends entirely on whether or not ballparks can be opened, and that depends on whether or not there's a working vaccine, and that depends on whether or not the population is willing to get it (now that they're openly pushing releasing it without completing safety tests even I'm hesitant). We won't know the answers to all those in early November. We might not even know the answers to those questions in January.

I think it will be a reverse bell curve.  Teams ready to spend will target their guys early, then it will die until prices die, and we will see a February/March flurry of signings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

What fun is #3 if you can instead whine & quote Bob Nightengale, who's always wrong, and a disgraced former Marlins exec? 

To be fair, Nightengale's article wasn't Bob speculating, it was direct quotes from Reinsdorf complaining about how he won't make as much money as he thought he would

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think it will be a reverse bell curve.  Teams ready to spend will target their guys early, then it will die until prices die, and we will see a February/March flurry of signings.

I love it when you analyze.