George Springer Thread

Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also don’t know why anyone suddenly believes what Jesse Rogers has to say.  I’d have more faith in a Lou Malnatti’s burner account than him.

He definitely knows front office people.  He started covering the Sox more last season.  I trust him on this.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also don’t know why anyone suddenly believes what Jesse Rogers has to say.  I’d have more faith in a Lou Malnatti’s burner account than him.

Because he said rival teams. Chances are sources within these teams believe this to be true. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, but secondhand info being leaked by a rival team isn’t exactly what I’d consider valuable.

The difference is teams instead of team. I think these teams may have been feed bad info to keep the Sox in stealth mode. I believe they will spend 100m if they truly want Springer or Bauer. They have the money and limited needs. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The difference is teams instead of team. I think these teams may have been feed bad info to keep the Sox in stealth mode. I believe they will spend 100m if they truly want Springer or Bauer. They have the money and limited needs. 

That’s my point.  For what Jesse said to be true, the Sox either implicitly told other teams’ their financial plans for the offseason or these teams are inferring it based on conversations they’ e had.  The former would be incredibly stupid on our part while the latter would be unreliable and either way I’m not buying it. 

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s my point.  For what Jesse said to be true, the Sox either implicitly told other teams’ their financial plans for the offseason or these teams are inferring it based on conversations they’ e had.  The former would be incredibly stupid on our part while the latter would be unreliable and either way I’m not buying it. 

Or it could have been conveyed to rival clubs through agents. 

This had to come from an agent, there's no way in hell other teams would know where the Sox budget is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, fathom said:

He said they’re playing at tiers below the deep end. That would mean not the top guys.

Sox always seem to be just below what it takes to get the guy they need.  Regardless of the level of what it takes to get the guy.
JR doesn't trust his FO is all I can think.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, KrankinSox said:

No. Status quo around here is to act like the sky is falling.

I seriously get frustrated simply because many of you act like you're new to this team and don't seem to realize how this team has been operating for years now. 

Fans are upset because it's very likely we get bamboozled AGAIN. And there is PLENTY of reason to expect it. The organization talks a big game and acts like they are a big market team yet cheap out all the time. Why expect different? This is not new. Stop being dense.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

You think agents are actively trying to suppress their market by letting teams know which teams aren’t part of the bidding process?

I think they pick and choose if it's in a client's benefit to do so. Agents have to do what's best for multiple clients. 

3 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

I seriously get frustrated simply because many of you act like you're new to this team and don't seem to realize how this team has been operating for years now. 

Fans are upset because it's very likely we get bamboozled AGAIN. And there is PLENTY of reason to expect it. This is not new. Stop being dense.

Keepin it real.....some posters(they know who they are) should know better. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they pick and choose if it's in a client's benefit to do so. Agents have to do what's best for multiple clients. 

Yeah George Springer and Joc Pederson share the same agent and you know what, Tiger Woods’ agent works at the same company as well. Lol 😂

In other words, agents will do what’s best for their clients so they get the most money. 

Edited by maloney.adam

10 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Fans are upset because it's very likely we get bamboozled AGAIN. And there is PLENTY of reason to expect it. The organization talks a big game and acts like they are a big market team yet cheap out all the time. Why expect different? This is not new. Stop being dense.

So why even have a George Springer thread? Just lock the thread now if it's pointless to discuss.

2 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

Lol. What I mean is what I said. You extrapolated something else. 

Not sure what "discussing" had to do with people being willfully ignorant on a specific subject.

So what I said is correct then? Status quo is for the sky to be falling. Due to the sox never coming through in free agency. I'm confused at your point.