If no new RF by Nontender deadline, should Sox tender Mazara?

YourWhatHurts

Should the Sox tender Mazara a contract as a backup plan if there's no new RF by the nontender deadline?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sox tender Mazara a contract as a backup plan if there's no new RF by the nontender deadline?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, and also, TLR is a pathetic drunk
    • No, and I also still can't believe we hired drunk-ass TLR to be manager.

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The man just stated "Tony La Russa is the Manager get over it" and you react like that?

I call that an overreaction.

You are chasing people around telling them to get over it, and don't realize the irony here.

Let me help you.

F Tony Larussa.  Get over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are chasing people around telling them to get over it, and don't realize the irony here.

Let me help you.

F Tony Larussa.  Get over it.

They do have anger management classes perhaps you should look into one.  I was not a fan of the hire who by the way was brought into this thread when the pollster stated "pathetic drunk" and "drunk-assed" which were also not called for.  I believe alcoholism is a disease that can be treated.  That's neither here or there, I believe the man was simply trying to move the conversation along to the actual topic.  

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

They do have anger management classes perhaps you should look into one.  I was not a fan of the hire who by the way was brought into this thread when the pollster stated "pathetic drunk" and "drunk-assed" which were also not called for.  I believe alcoholism is a disease that can be treated.  That's neither here or there, I believe the man was simply tryng to move the conversation along to the actual topic.  If you want to cuss at me, do it to my face.

Please.  This is a second DUI, with no indication of any change of personality or contriteness taking place.  There is ZERO reason to actually believe that Tony is anything but the way he is being described.  He is a 76 year old man getting his second DUI. He doesn't deserve any sort of a benefit of the doubt.  Finally, sorry to hurt your feelings here, but as you so eloquently said before, get over it. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Please.  This is a second DUI, with no indication of any change of personality or contriteness taking place.  There is ZERO reason to actually believe that Tony is anything but the way he is being described.  He is a 76 year old man getting his second DUI. He doesn't deserve any sort of a benefit of the doubt.  Finally, sorry to hurt your feelings here, but as you so eloquently said before, get over it. 

Perhaps you should read back and see who exactly you are addressing before you call me out for saying something that I never said.  BTW- pal, It would take a lot more than that to hurt my feelings.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:43 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Already having a deal in place years before isn't the same thing as what is being discussed here.  You see that right?  Also if you look at the deals which are signed during this time period and prior to arbitration, none of them are significantly under what the process would give them.  They are "market value" deals.  If you have any evidence here otherwise, please provide it.

How am I supposed to provide evidence that a non existent restriction doesn't exist?  How about you provide evidence arbitration years can only be bought out years in advance? Fact is a team can negotiate a contract with a player on their team at any time.

Here is the current CBA: 

https://d39ba378-ae47-4003-86d3-147e4fa6e51b.filesusr.com/ugd/b0a4c2_95883690627349e0a5203f61b93715b5.pdf

Good luck.

Edited by Vulture

18 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Perhaps you should read back and see who exactly you are addressing before you call me out for saying something that I never said.  BTW- pal, It would take a lot more than that to hurt my feelings.

So you jumped in the middle of it to say you agreed with it, but apparently won't stand up for it?  Ok, run along then.

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

How am I supposed to provide evidence that a non existent restriction doesn't exist?  How about you provide evidence arbitration years can only be bought out years in advance? Fact is a team can negotiate a contract with a player on their team at any time.

Because the evidence of what you are trying to say doesn't really exist.

Because the evidence of what you are trying to say doesn't really exist.

Where is your evidence to your claim a team can only negotiate a contract with their player years prior to arb eligibility?? I posted the CBA above for easy reference.

28 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Where is your evidence to your claim a team can only negotiate a contract with their player years prior to arb eligibility?? I posted the CBA above for easy reference.

They can't violate the arbitration system.  That's the point.  They can't make up a figure and force a player to sign it violating the process where it would push them below those figures. 

• Thanks 1

They can't violate the arbitration system.  That's the point.  They can't make up a figure and force a player to sign it violating the process where it would push them below those figures. 

Yeah I guess I'm wrong. My bad.