2004 White Sox Quotes

The Beast

i was at this one sportsplex with my friend during that toronto game and it was on the tv in the main lobby but not in the gym and after we played some basketball i came back to the lobby to see the score and it was damon and bill in the studio and it said rain delay and i was like wtf. i never heard that quote but it would have been my fav if i heard it i think.

The funniest conversation I heard this year, and in several, was the one between Hawk and DJ about the ball Maggs hit against Boston that was called a ground rule double, but looked like it might have his the foul pole. They argued back and forth for about 10 minutes, and it sounded like Bevington's foul/fair monolog.

I won't post my favorite quote, because everyone already knows it(because Hawk only said it about 200 times this year), but my favorite quite was when Hawk did his "Put it on the board" in the last game of the 12-game stretch against the Cubbies and Twinkies in the bottom of the 11th when Thomas hit his bomb off of Guardado.

That and Dick Bremer's call of that shot. Something like "And that one will stay fair, and the Chicago White Sox have won."

Oh man, I just get goosebumps thinking about that 12 game stretch. Most fun I've had watching baseball since 2000.

My favorite is still KW's quote about Mietncisjknwicz. When Dougie said he thought it was unsafe to have the all-star game in Chicago. Williams with responded with "It doesn't matter what he thinks, he won't be there anyway." :lol:

:fyou Dougie

CWSOX45

My favorite is still KW's quote about Mietncisjknwicz. When Dougie said he thought it was unsafe to have the all-star game in Chicago. Williams with responded with "It doesn't matter what he thinks, he won't be there anyway."  :lol:

:fyou Dougie

CWSOX45

Agree... :D....That was great....But unfortunately Doug had the last laugh as his team unfortunately made it to the playoffs :angry:.... :bringit Doug

"Why the hell are you a White Sox fan", by everyone when I 1st tell them that Im a White Sox fan

BEGOOD, Why the hell ARE you a whitesox fan in New York did you use to live in chicago or do you just like the team, i dont know if i could be as big of a fan of the sox as you living out of the area.

BEGOOD, Why the hell ARE you a whitesox fan in New York did you use to live in chicago or do you just like the team, i dont know if i could be as big of a fan of the sox as you living out of the area.

i live in NY, and i'm a HUGE White Sox fan.

Reason: Grew up a Yankee fan till i was around 8. Didnt follow baseball much. Moved to Germany for 2 years, not much baseball influence except for one baseball shirt....a White Sox shirt. And the team just stuck. White Sox are my favorite team of all sports teams now. So it could happen, although the Yankee influence does swoop in and grab most "new" baseball fans.

That and Dick Bremer's call of that shot.  Something like "And that one will stay fair, and the Chicago White Sox have won."

He's gotta be the biggest a$$hole announcer in all of sports.

He cannot be taken off the air soon enough.

Here's to Dick: :fyou

He's gotta be the biggest a$$hole announcer in all of sports.

He cannot be taken off the air soon enough.

Here's to Dick:  :fyou

Oh I know....I hate him, and I always cock him too(I just wish he could hear me....kinda how I wish John Madden could hear me cock the s*** out of his fat ass when he says something so stupid that no words can describe it to the full effect it deserves).

He knows 1 team, the Twins, and pretty much NOTHING about other teams. He and Bert are better then Chimp and Stony, but not by much. And IMO, Bert is to Dick what Stony is to Chimp, only to a lesser extent with Bert and Dick of course then Stony with Chimp, because Chimp is the WORST commentator by far. But even Bert can get annoying at times too.

Hawk and DJ....those two are good for the booth. You get one older announcer who has seen as much of baseball as anyone there is, and you get one younger one who is getting better all the time who has played almost everywhere....it gets fun hearing their stories and how different their generations really were, and the contrast and the fact that Hawk himself could be a 2-man booth really is great. Hawk, IMO, is a Hall of Fame broadcaster....undoubtedly. He should be voted in within the next 5 years.