We should just get Conforto

Tnetennba

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is all opinion based on nothing but their "profiles" ? At least Gavin got in some super productive PA's last year where he didn't strike out a ton (22.4%) and  supposedly doesn't walk much (8.9%) Also .556 Slg % against RH's .

So a RH guy like Burger on a mostly RHH team who is the same age as Sheets, with an extensive injury background fits in better because we have him longer so we can figure out if the Sox can send Moncada back to 2nd base . Positional versatility is not being able to play just 3rd base. 1st base and DH don't count because any big guy should be able to play 1st and DH.

A dime a dozen really ? I'll keep that in mind since a LH power bat with a decent K rate and walk rate is so easy to find. Maybe you can scan some MLB rosters and find a few for me who did what Gavin did in his MLB rookie season. I know he's got skeptics but he did every thing he could short of getting a bunch of AB's to prove he should get plenty of AB's on a team starved for LH balance and power. Vaughn is the RH bat who needs the playing time not Burger to move Moncada to 2nd base.

What's your next suggestion, Kimbrel replacing Hendriks as closer and Liam being the setup guy ?

Of course we are talking basically 180 PA for Sheets last year and with Burger 42 PA. I am willing to bet on Burgers approach along with his talent translating more at the MLB level.

I also think his ability to play 3B makes him more valuable. They also appear to be trying him out at 2nd. I don't expect he will be able to play there fulltime infact I'd be shocked if he could play there even part time but the fact they are attempting to do so sort of tells you they are trying to find a way to get his bat playing time.

As far as Sheets goes like I said my preference is to keep him he probably has very little value in a trade anyways so unless it's to just clear a spot it doesn't make a ton of sense. However, I don't have a ton of expectations for him but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong

All this talk of betting reminds me of having a $10 per game bet on each game of the four-game series with my Twins fan friend.  The Twins were a superior team and the bets were even money.  The Twins won the first 3 games and thankfully I managed to get a win in game 4 to make my loss for the weekend $20.  It was a time in life when that $20 meant something to me.  It could just as easily have been a $40 loss that would have affected my dining for the month.  Why did I make such a dumb bet...PRIDE.  The good news is that $20 has saved me countless dumb bets over the years.  Lesson learned...Hold out until the odds favor you.