GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Honestly in real time, when the ball came off his bat I breathed a sigh of relief thinking it was an easy out and then I watched Leury field the ball and thought,,,,,WTF!!!

Yes, Kelly made the pitch he needed to make there.  I'm not worried about him yet despite the walks -- it's early.  But there's no reason we should've come out of that inning any worse than down 1 run (and really should've been tied).

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Honestly in real time, when the ball came off his bat I breathed a sigh of relief thinking it was an easy out and then I watched Leury field the ball and thought,,,,,WTF!!!

Yes, Kelly made the pitch he needed to make there.  I'm not worried about him yet despite the walks -- it's early.  But there's no reason we should've come out of that inning any worse than down 1 run (and really should've been tied).

Thought this was one of the better posts on last night, from SoxMachine game comments...

"Banks was going to come in for the 8th until the Sox tied the game. I sit on the 3B side so I can see the bullpen very well. As soon as Moncada tied the game Kelly started warming up. Because Abreu and Roberts both grounded out on short AB’s, Kelly wasn’t warm when he came in. I’ve noticed that TLR never warms two guys at the same time. TLR didn’t plan for the possibility that the Sox would tie the game! And then had no one ready when Kelly walked Gonzalez other than Banks, who is a AAA pitcher at best.

Last, why oh why did Garcia cut off Anderson on Judge’s groundball to short? Yeah, they were shifted a bit, but if TA takes the ball he is running toward first, not away from it like Garcia and gets the out. Inning over. If you signed Harrison, why don’t you play him. Garcia is a versatile substitute, not an everyday guy.

I was at Monday’s meltdown and yesterday’s. This is a mediocre, undisciplined team. Roster construction is poor and on field management is worse."

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Thought this was one of the better posts on last night, from SoxMachine game comments...

"Banks was going to come in for the 8th until the Sox tied the game. I sit on the 3B side so I can see the bullpen very well. As soon as Moncada tied the game Kelly started warming up. Because Abreu and Roberts both grounded out on short AB’s, Kelly wasn’t warm when he came in. I’ve noticed that TLR never warms two guys at the same time. TLR didn’t plan for the possibility that the Sox would tie the game! And then had no one ready when Kelly walked Gonzalez other than Banks, who is a AAA pitcher at best.

Last, why oh why did Garcia cut off Anderson on Judge’s groundball to short? Yeah, they were shifted a bit, but if TA takes the ball he is running toward first, not away from it like Garcia and gets the out. Inning over. If you signed Harrison, why don’t you play him. Garcia is a versatile substitute, not an everyday guy.

I was at Monday’s meltdown and yesterday’s. This is a mediocre, undisciplined team. Roster construction is poor and on field management is worse."

It was hot out, he got the first 2 hiters. Not being loose isn't an excuse for Kelly. They guy couldn't locate the plate. I can't stand LaRussa, have no idea why they brought him out of retirement, and would love to be able to blame him for everything wrong in the world, but this wasn't his fault. Leaving him in, yes, but not putting him in.

• Quin locked this topic