Fire Everyone

Chicago White Sox

First off, as the players go, MLB is the agent's game now. The manager and even the front office have far less control over the players and it's true across baseball, not just the White Sox. Gone are the days of Earl Weaver, Whitey Herzog, and Chuck Tanner. A manager is not going to physically pull a Garry Templeton off the field these days if he wants to be employed tomorrow.

Having said that, you just don't break up a nucleus still in their 20s and the nucleus I see is TA, Robert, Eloy, Andrew, Dylan, Kopech, and even Yoan. It's been an abhorrent year and while the team has less control over the players, they have total control over the culture and the culture on this team stinks. You can blame it on a lack of accountability but, here, that has to be directed at management.

Outside of this still young nucleus and Jose (and a special nod to Cueto), this team is a disaster. The minors are a disaster. The process to acquire players is a disaster... and this team does not know how to win. They treated the season as a dress rehearsal to their coronation. It's obvious. The lack of focus, drive, and energy rots from the top down. Terrible offseason, no real movement at the deadline, a manager more interested in showing how smart he is than actually fielding a smart team. So, no I don't blame the players yet... they all need to be in better shape next year. Eloy needs a treadmill for one thing but this culture has filtered from the top down.

Management needs to be changed then let's see what kind of players we have.

44 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Narvaez was a capable major catcher at minimum salary under control for several more years whom they traded for a reliever who was under control for 2 years (only 1 contending year) at an average salary of  c. $8.5 million.

Yea a year before the McCann Grandal discussion even mattered.  So again, what about him 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zisk said:

I kinda feel like Cheswick in Cuckoo's nest. Nurse Reinsdorf is holding my cigarettes[White Sox] hostage,

and I'd like something done about it. The thing that should be done is offer Terry Francona a lot of cash,

and give him control of anything he wants.

Hell yes, in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you trying to list a gotcha here?  Have you seen McCanns career since he left the white Sox?

and nobody was pining for Grandal.  Everyone was surprised they signed him because nobody on this site had him in their sites 

I would say that lots of people on this page had Grandal as a target over roughly a 2 year period. The signing came about surprisingly but the fit was quite clear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I would say that lots of people on this page had Grandal as a target over roughly a 2 year period. The signing came about surprisingly but the fit was quite clear. 

Us wanting him isn’t really the same as thinking they were gonna actually sign him.  I just went over that thread and everyone is stunned 

• Like 1

Drain the Swamp
  • photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A

Jason M. M_______
    rhahn@chisox.comrhahn@chisox.com
    Brooks Boyerbboyer@chisox.com
    Aug 29 at 12:16 AM

Like the assholes said in 2016. I left my Sox hat in a restaurant last night. Good riddance! All of you gotta go too.
Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We can extend it to WBC lol.

Since both players are out, I would have had to have inside information or access with the Commissioner's office.

You would be proud to win a non bet bet lol.

Like if you picked the Bears to go 6-10 or 5-11 and the starting QB was knocked out like Chet Holmgren before playing a single regular season game?

I can substitute Juan Soto for Tatis lol.  You can combine two Sox hitters together to make it more interesting.  Starting today.  BA HRs RBIs Runs OPS.  Best 3/5 categories.

No, you wanted to bet that Tim Anderson would serve his suspension next season. I said I would take that bet. 

You lost. I don’t need to do double or nothing, I won. 

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Us wanting him isn’t really the same as thinking they were gonna actually sign him.  I just went over that thread and everyone is stunned 

It wasn’t stunned outrage though right? It was “this is good and I’m stunned they got it done”.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

It wasn’t stunned outrage though right? It was “this is good and I’m stunned they got it done”.

It doesn’t matter either way, the point was nobody expected it.  Wanted it?  Sure.  We wanted Machado and Harper and etc etc but we weren’t like “oh yea this front office can pull it off”. Acting like this board had a lot of people confident that they were gonna sign Grandal is revisionist.  Now Liam?  That seemed like a done deal before he even took off the Oakland uniform