9/1 Games and 9/2

BamaDoc

I guess I am back as if it freakin' matters at this point.

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2022-09-01

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=09/01/2022

Cueto on the hill to continue the climb back to .500      Sosa striving for .300 at AAA.

Edited by BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Charlotte won.  Nice game for Perez 2-3 with a HR.  So sad that the September call ups are both offseason release candidates Adam Haseley and Matt Foster.

I'd really like to see Colas promoted to AAA now. Let's face it Payton is 30, Adolfo is only on the 40 by the hair of his chiny-chin-chin. Rutherford is practically as big a non entity as Adolfo and Payton.

I hate to think that Colas get's in his own head when he feel's like things are moving too slowly and his play suffers. But that's how I am thinking. Promote him and let him get re- energized. If he does well bring him up to the Sox if in 2 weeks they are still in the playoff hunt. Shoot for a Sept 15 MLB debut when they play 4 of 7 games against the Guardians and their plethora of RHP.

I really wish he was coming up now against the Twins but I don't see the Sox skipping AAA with him. Give him a couple days off for rest before promoting him to AAA and tell him if he does well he may get to play in a pennant race with the Sox. Have him in Charlotte by Monday.

Colas is hitting a wall for sure… isn’t he like 0 for his last 12 with 7 strike outs or something?

Wish we had some insight as to how pitchers have been approaching him during this time.

Are we seeing a hole in his game being exposed or is he just tired after being on the shelf for a year plus?

Will also be interesting to see how he himself adjusts.

• bmags unpinned this topic