6 Years Since Chris Sale Trade

LittleHurtCG

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Very similar isn't the same as better.  Also they said they would have allowed Devers to be the 1st or 2nd piece, so it isn't like the blocked him from being traded.

Well Devers never got traded cause Boston knew what they had. Moncada was all style and no subtance. 

Keep being a Hahn stan if you want though. It's been working real great the last 6 years. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Well Devers never got traded cause Boston knew what they had. Moncada was all style and no subtance. 

Keep being a Hahn stan if you want though. It's been working real great the last 6 years. 

Again, the proof isn't in what you said, it is in what the Boston GM said.  And even with years of hindsight he said nothing like what you are claiming.  But go ahead and move the goalposts.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:10 PM, LittleHurtCG said:

I'm saying their were paths for the team to strike lighting in a bottle in 2018 when Sale was still in his prime. I showed a path on how that could work. Crazy things happen in baseball all the time. How many "experts" had the Sox winning it all in 05? 

You seem content with the results of the tank job which is fine I suppose. Most of the hardcore tankies I talked to said the Sox were on the path to be juggernauts like the Cubs and Houston.

The Cubs were never a juggernaut.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Keep being a Hahn stan if you want though. It's been working real great the last 6 

There's plenty to bash Hahn about. But not trading for a top 2 prospect in baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Sure. However, it is now six years later and the same front office that made the Sale trade is still around. 

There wer also warning signs with Moncada ( striking out like 70% of the time in his first cup of coffee and reports of terrible nutrition habits ( eating a box of twinkies a day). 

There is a reason why Boston was willing to trade Moncada and didn't declare him untouchable. 

the reason was they got one of the top 3 starting pitchers over the previous 5 years.

• Like 1