KWs' eau de Colon (apologies to Sir E John)

Guest Ncorgbl

Guest Ncorgbl

manlooking.gif

When are you gonna come down

Where will your contract land

I should have stayed on the farm

I should have listened to the old man

You know you can't bait me forever

I couldn't sign up with you

I'm not a checkbook for your friends to open

This boy's too young to be singing the blues

So goodbye Bartolo Colon

Where the dogs of big league baseball howl

You won't let me in your penthouse

I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old room in the woods

Hunting the next major league lode

Oh I've finally decided my future lies

Beyond the Charlotte road

What do you think you'll eat then

I bet you'll stay a tub o' goo

It'll take you a couple of dozen burritos

To never see your feet again

Maybe you'll get a new G.M.

There's plenty like me to be found

Mongrels who ain't got a penny

Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground

So goodbye Bartolo Colon

Where the dogs of big league baseball howl

You won't let me in your penthouse

I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old room in the woods

Hunting the next major league lode

Oh I've finally decided my future lies

Beyond the Charlotte road

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was pretty good. Although I am a big fan of Colon, I am glad the White Sox are moving on. I think Bart is making a mistake. The White Sox don't need to be his safety net, in case the offers he gets aren't as high as he would like. And to wait for him to make a decision, could make the Sox miss a couple of other possibilities.

I am not a fan of Colon but I thought your statement

I am glad the White Sox are moving on. I think Bart is making a mistake. The White Sox don't need to be his safety net, in case the offers he gets aren't as high as he would like. And to wait for him to make a decision, could make the Sox miss a couple of other possibilities.
was as intelligent a thing as anyone could post on the situation.

Money is today's motivator in sports. Colon may find someone willing to pay up to $15M or more a year, who knows. Maybe not and that's why I don't really think KW is turning the page on Colon and moving to plan B or C or D. I just hope whatever happens we don't end up with an F and everyone eligible for fee agency moving on. Colon is good and we need him, but on the other hand I have never agreed with the kind of money that gets thrown around. I blame Steinbrenner and that contract for Texas Alex Rodriguez for the out of control FA stuff. I guess it's easy for us fans, who make minimum wage to say things like, "when you make $8.5M a year what's the need for an extra $M?" Must be a heck of a lifestyle that these players have to hold out and suck more and more. I don't know if I have ever heard many players acknowledge the fans, who in the end will pay for those salaries. Come to think of it when did you hear that from owners either? Most certainly not from an agent.

Only one little problem with your little song and dance there Ncorgbl....

YOU have long contended that KW is not, or will be replaced as the GM after the season. Now you are typing KW's goodbye to Bart? Weird, I wouldn't think someone that was strictly a figurehead would have such power.

Got any more hot air for us??

YOU have long contended that KW is not, or will be replaced as the GM after the season. Now you are typing KW's goodbye to Bart?  Weird, I wouldn't think someone that was strictly a figurehead would have such power.

:lolhitting

Guest Ncorgbl

YOU have long contended that KW is not, or will be replaced as the GM after the season. Now you are typing KW's goodbye to Bart?  Weird, I wouldn't think someone that was strictly a figurehead would have such power.

If I went to the trouble to type it, the least you could do is read it all, or sing it all in this instance, before you make an inane comment like that.

Priceless ! :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :bang :bang :bang

As a lover of all things satirical, :headbang

If I didn't know your love and respect for Bart I'd swear you were serious.

:D :D

ncorgbl, even though I seldom agree with you, I really appreciate the time, effort, and honesty you put into every post. And yes that is suppose to be in black :)

Seems to me what's being said in that verse is Williams has officially decided he's moving to Charlotte and taking another position in the organization.

True, or not true?

Seems to me what's being said in that verse is Williams has officially decided he's moving to Charlotte and taking another position in the organization.

True, or not true?

I wouldnt look too much into what the lyrics of the song mean. Its not as if ncorg knows someting we dont about KW and decided to subliminaly put it into a song.

Flash, no, I definitely won't look too deeply into a poem/song. I'm just trying to cut through all the innuendo and hyperbole. I'm asking the author to make a definitive statement, i.e. true or not true, KW has decided or someone has decided for KW that he's taking another position in the organization.

YOU have long contended that KW is not, or will be replaced as the GM after the season.   Now you are typing KW's goodbye to Bart?  Weird, I wouldn't think someone that was strictly a figurehead would have such power.

If I went to the trouble to type it, the least you could do is read it all, or sing it all in this instance, before you make an inane comment like that.

Sorry, corb, I don't have the time, nor patience to read all of that. If you can't make a point in a more concise manner, I guess I'll continue to be apt to make more inane comments.

Guess I just don't appreciate your creative side.

Guest Ncorgbl

True, or not true?

"Officially"? No, there'd be an announcement. However, it's what I have maintained since June, and others as well.

Guest Ncorgbl
Sorry, corb, I don't have the time, nor patience to read all of that.  If you can't make a point in a more concise manner, I guess I'll continue to be apt to make more inane comments.

Guess I just don't appreciate your creative side.

Hey that's OK Reck. For those who can't be bothered to make any effort to think, wallow in whatever it is you wallow in.

True, or not true?

"Officially"? No, there'd be an announcement. However, it's what I have maintained since June, and others as well.

What does this say for an organization that is allowing a figurehead to be so prominent. I hope you are wrong in this matter for no other reason than that it is making this team and its management look like fools, although that is nothing new here.

Guest Ncorgbl
What does this say for an organization that is allowing a figurehead to be so prominent.  I hope you are wrong in this matter for no other reason than that it is making this team and its management look like fools, although that is nothing new here.

If what some of us were led to believe is true, it says the organization is tired of the bulls*** that's been printed and believed about them all these years as gospel by the fans. They will announce what they want when they want to, and how they want to. And I don't blame them.

What does this say for an organization that is allowing a figurehead to be so prominent.  I hope you are wrong in this matter for no other reason than that it is making this team and its management look like fools, although that is nothing new here.

If what some of us were led to believe is true, it says the organization is tired of the bulls*** that's been printed and believed about them all these years as gospel by the fans. They will announce what they want when they want to, and how they want to. And I don't blame them.

The media side of it is one thing but the track record for mismanagement and allowing, (what is to be believed,) a dissident to run the operation wheather perceived or real is a joke.