Soriano for Beltran?

sox-r-us

On espn.com, the rumor mill headline says "Soriano for Beltran?"

That article is only for those who pay for their services, so I do not have details or how strong this rumor is etc

But Soriano could be in our division with the Royals..... hmmmm, not sure I like that..

That's been rumored since game 3 of the World Series.

But all those rumor Mills, Especialy the ones from ESPN always will give every player to the Yanks.

Gotta wait and See.

The rumor was that the Yanks were going to make the Soriano for Beltran offer. I can't imagine KC turning that down at this point.

Gammons floated that one on sports center earlier in the week.

No doubt KC wants to move Beltran. He's a year away from his walk year, Boras is his agent and he's getin outta town.

Yankees need a center fielder badly.

KC could use a second baseman to team with Berroa, too. I believe, however, that Soriano is arbitration eligible. Not sure KC would want to pay 4 or 5 million for second baseman.

Gammons floated that one on sports center earlier in the week.

No doubt KC wants to move Beltran. He's a year away from his walk year, Boras is his agent and he's getin outta town.

Yankees need a center fielder badly.

KC could use a second baseman to team with Berroa, too. I believe, however, that Soriano is arbitration eligible. Not sure KC would want to pay 4 or 5 million for second baseman.

The New York papers say this trade is a long shot at best. Beltran would have to agree to a contract extension first, something Boras would never agree to one year from free agency. Boras is looking for an 8 year $120 million contract.

Are we sure Crede is represented by Boras? That would be a bummer...

I am not a partial owner of the White Sox. But if I were, I wouldn't even have talks with a Boras client.

Don't get me wrong...From the player's point of view, he does what he is supposed to do--try and squeeze every penny out of the system. But his tactics make me itchy. He tries to hold owners hostage, he outright lies about offers "in hand," etc.

And he's left a trail of first year drafted clients that had to sit out of playing Major League ball and consequently lost lots of income that will never be recouped, plus lost a year toward free agency, when their "big paycheck" supposedly will kick in.

Does anyone think the ARod contract was good for Texas or good for baseball? Ok, no one made that ignoramous in Texas offer that crazy contract [talk about greed...the contract talks almost fell apart when ARod didn't like the description of the office to be provided for his "people!"]. But the Sox were used and abused by Boras. I just wouldn't deal with him again. Period.

If Joe's agent is Boras, I hope he keeps a leash on his "representative." Crede's one of my favorite young players.

Forkit!