6/29 Games

BamaDoc

Everybody but Kanny seems to be losing. W-S down 4-2 on 2 unearned runs. Kelley was okay again in relief 4IP 3H 3R 1ER 2bb 3K. Elko with his first A+ homer, Burke reached base to continue the streak. Speaking of which, the man he's chasing Colson Montgomery had a hit and a sb in his first ab. Popeye with a hit in his first ab back in Birmingham.

17 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Charlotte loses to Baltimore's AAA affiliate Norfolk 10-8. Legit question: 7 game series between Oakland and Norfolk, who would win?  I have Norfolk, especially now with Mountcastle on a rehab assignment.

I guess when AAA Charlotte is dead last in the 20 team International league in ERA with a whopping 6.25 ERA, I guess blowing an 8 run lead after 5 innings isn't that shocking.😲

The White Sox front office have without a doubt, put one of the worst coaching and developmental training staffs together in their farm system. They are clearly one of the worst in all MLB farm systems.

In the Barons game last night, 25 year old Yoelqui Cespedes went 0-4 and lowered his slash numbers to the lowest they been since being signed by the Sox. He is currently at .190/.311/.325/.630. He started his career in high A Winston-Salem in 2021 and made it up to AA Birmingham. His numbers were never that great and occasionally showed signs of greatness, but they were never this horrible either. He still cant get out of AA to Charlotte. It's sad and unfortunate because I recall there was a lot of excitement about his potential.

The Sox obviously have a ton loser coaches at all levels that are incompetent on getting the best results and potential out of their prospects. This isn't only about Cespedes. There are tons of prospects at all four levels struggling. Of course I also realize and keep in perspective, the reason our farm system sucks, is because we are really incompetent at scouting and drafting the right players.

I guess we shouldn't be shocked, hence why the Sox farm system was ranked #29 in 2002 and now 26th in 2023.

WTG Rick Hahn. You really are a genius GM. No other GM on 29 other teams would still be employed 11 years later with your horrific results. You truly are a cat who has nine lives