2023 Sox Attendance Survey

ScootsMcGoots

Game Attendance Survey  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many Sox home games do you usually attend per year?

• 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-plus
  2. 2. How many Sox home games have you attended in 2023?

• 1-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-plus

Voted 10 Plus for "usually attend" Includes game count for most recent season (2019) prior to COVID/Tony La Russa. Attended at least 10 games in 2019.

2020 COVID = 1 Spring Training Game (San Diego 3 @ Chicago White Sox 1 = Diamondback Ranch. Ahead of 99% of Sox fans due to government lockdowns.

2021-2022 = Tony La Russa Boycott. Hard Pass.

2023 = Hitting Games # 2 & 3 today. Voted 1-5 for 2023. Haven't seen a White Sox regular season run in person since September 28, 2019. They lost to the Saint Louis Cardinals 3-0 during Game 1, Saturday, July 8th. Perhaps they will score over 18 innings today. If not, then I guess it's me.

I attend at least two per year. One for my birthday in April, one at another point with either friends or family. This year I went to one against Tampa in April where they gave up 10 runs in the 7th inning and I am thinking of going with my dad and son on Sunday so my dad can experience a Sox game with his grandson and we can get a three generations of Sox fans picture. I know some of you will scoff at the fact I am going to a game when they are this bad but the memory of it will mean the world to me and I might not get that chance next year with another child on the way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

I haven’t renewed my 10 game plan since the Covid shutdowns, which happens to correspond to when they brought TLR back from the dead to nap in the dugout.  I didn’t go to a single game in 2021. I have been to four total games since.  I went to the Opening Day debacle this year and that was just about the last straw.  I am reluctant to give them any money while JR is still around, and if I do, it will be to watch the road team. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1