Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)

Buehrle>Wood

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

The 2020 Dodgers only had a $95M payroll? wow.

So at first glance, this looks really spread out but what would an $85-90M payroll in the early 2000's be compared to today? That might change how this looks a little..

For your second question, I’d say that take a payroll figure from the early 2000’s and basically double it.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sorry if my response came off aggressive, but that analysis is very manipulative between the Covid reduced payroll in 2020 and the massive difference in the time value of money between now and the early 2000’s.

It didn't, totally slipped my mind that they wouldn't have been paid a normal season.

Yeah, so pretty much you need to be pushing $150+ with a few rare instances if you want to win a title.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T R U said:

It didn't, totally slipped my mind that they wouldn't have been paid a normal season.

Yeah, so pretty much you need to be pushing $150+ with a few rare instances if you want to win a title.

Yes, and teams with revenue sharing get near this amount before counting a penny of local broadcast, stadium or other revenue.

CWS’s comments as disingenuous as Peter Angelos and the kids fighting over his soon to be corpse claiming they can’t afford to field a legitimate contending team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-insider-calls-out-orioles-owner-over-recent-revenue-comments/ar-AA1fWNJ3

That point remains that teams have the financial resources to field WS in most seasons, but many rather book guaranteed massive profits, no matter how much fans like him through a tantrum and whine life is unfair and there is no parity in MLB, which is completely absurd.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, and teams with revenue sharing get near this amount before counting a penny of local broadcast, stadium or other revenue.

CWS’s comments as disingenuous as Peter Angelos and the kids fighting over his soon to be corpse claiming they can’t afford to field a legitimate contending team.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-insider-calls-out-orioles-owner-over-recent-revenue-comments/ar-AA1fWNJ3

That point remains that teams have the financial resources to field WS in most seasons, but many rather book guaranteed massive profits, no matter how much fans like him through a tantrum and whine life is unfair and there is no parity in MLB, which is completely absurd.

Lol…what part of my comments are disingenuous?  The part where I called out your analysis for pretending Covid never happened or the part where I pointed out that there is a concept called the time value of money?