How to Draw Someone to the Ballpark 2024

Texsox

34 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

"We're celebrating ethnic yts day at the park, today is Dutch heritage night, free tulip with every ticket! Next week is Greek night featuring $5 Gyros!"

Make sure you have the right catering company on Gyro Night. My company had a Greek-themed lunch a while back. They guy making the gyros was putting one slice of meat on each pita. At least the chicken and rice were good.

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 2

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Make sure you have the right catering company on Gyro Night. My company had a Greek-themed lunch a while back. They guy making the gyros was putting one slice of meat on each pita. At least the chicken and rice were good.

Now I'm hungry. I have a big greek church near my office. in the summer they do a "taste of greece" thing and for like $20 in tickets you can try a few things. I used most of my tickets on a lamb sandwich. the greeks know their lamb, that's for sure.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

the answer is to build a bunch of 'amenities' that have nothing to do with watching a baseball game but nonetheless inspire baseball-tinged nostalgia. I'd think if the Sox wanted to sell tickets, they'd build an elaborate Wilbur Wood-themed slip-n-slide. It can travel in the direction of his knuckleball. Perhaps a barcade called "TLR's" which features several driving simulators and a batting cage that throws you 3 balls then a meatball pitch that you're supposed to ignore. Yo-Yo's Candy Palace would be a big draw for the youth.

in all actuality, they should build a batting cage and a sports complex. where can you actually hit a baseball in the city of Chicago, Lake Zurich?

1) WIN

2) A shooting gallery with Chicago gangsters theme.  Go in and shoot targets of Al Capone, Rick Hahn, and Jerry Reinsdorf.  Add images of players who make errors or pitchers who give up homers.  A murderers/managers row with Bevington, Griffol, and TLR?

3) Rehire Mike Veeck.  Youngsters look him up!

4) Have a gambling machine.  Set the odds at one in two million.  Every admission gets to pull the lever.  If you win, Jerry sells the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

1) WIN

2) A shooting gallery with Chicago gangsters theme.  Go in and shoot targets of Al Capone, Rick Hahn, and Jerry Reinsdorf.  Add images of players who make errors or pitchers who give up homers.  A murderers/managers row with Bevington, Griffol, and TLR?

3) Rehire Mike Veeck.  Youngsters look him up!

4) Have a gambling machine.  Set the odds at one in two million.  Every admission gets to pull the lever.  If you win, Jerry sells the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f***, it's 2024, put a hologram JR dunk tank on the concourse. For 5 bucks you get 5 throws to try and dunk the punk.

I'm going to some games this year. I'll be at a few high school, a college game or two, a couple MiLB games, and probably a few MLB games. Most will be in Texas. I haven't even looked yet but if the team is in town when I visit I'll go. But it's just not a must schedule thing. Plus, for the first time in decades no one in my family bought season tickets.  

Has a team EVER done a Bobblehead Night for a visiting/active player?

I could easily see an Ohtani or Yamamoto one almost selling out GRF...minimum low 30's if it was done over the summer months.

I can imagine having them for HoF players from other teams, but not actual opponents.

Wonder if there's a licensing issue with the Sox doing let's say Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Clemente, etc.?

Or doing a Clemente Bobblehead for Roberto Clemente Day/Week?

• Like 1