White Sox with "next man up" mentality

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

Talking about how good his primary and secondary leads were?!?!? Please put me out of my misery with this guy.

Especially when the dream (or illusion/fantasy) of a 30/30 type of player died years ago...I mean, Burger was consistently beating him in sprint speed last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

Talking about how good his primary and secondary leads were?!?!? Please put me out of my misery with this guy.

The Mrs. and I had been really debating whether YM's primary leads were the best of his career. Glad Pedro cleared that up for us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Grifool talking about Colas.........“His attitude has been really good; he’s been fundamentally sound,”  “I’m just looking for him to play baseball the way we asked him to play it last year. I was happy to hear that news and now it’s his time to shine."

Only a clueless fool would say this the day before they send Colas back to the minors the following day.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

15 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Grifool talking about Colas.........“His attitude has been really good; he’s been fundamentally sound,”  “I’m just looking for him to play baseball the way we asked him to play it last year. I was happy to hear that news and now it’s his time to shine."

Only a clueless fool would say this the day before they send Colas back to the minors the following day.

That really stood out, even more than denialism or obliviousness over any responsibility for the Moncada injury.

I will put that more on Getz for not putting a $29 million investment on the IL and taking that option away from Grifol...unless they are getting more cash back from the injury through insurance subsidy pay outs than from any potential June/July trade return.