Sox Quote of the Day 4/29...

Lip Man 1

“People think, go in there and flip a table or something like that, what are you going to flip a table for? For effort? They’re giving us everything they’ve got. It’s just not happening for us right now.”-- Pedro Grifol.

Kenny Williams says "hello Pedro!"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“People think, go in there and flip a table or something like that, what are you going to flip a table for? For effort? They’re giving us everything they’ve got. It’s just not happening for us right now.”-- Pedro Grifol.

Kenny Williams says "hello Pedro!"

It’s almost like Reinsdorf is telling Grifol and Schriffen what to say to deflect and detract against this awful season.

What is wrong with what Pedro said?  What is he supposed to do?  I have to believe that what he said in this quote is completely true.  You find these quotes and it's just another excuse to complain and get across the message to "fire Pedro". 

Should he flip over a table and scream at the players? Would that work?  Can he do the thing in Bull Durham and throw bats in the shower and yell at the players?  Would that help?  Are you saying Pedro should being doing that sort of thing? If not, why attack this quote?

He has to talk to the press and he has to say something. Realistically, what can he say? 

I said it about a three weeks ago, and I'm saying it again: I'm a fan of the Sox, just like you are, and I understand your frustration and anger. But I don't understand the point of literally (in various formats) of writing "Fire Pedro" over 50 times a week. And over 50 times a week is not, in anyway, an exaggeration for a few on this board. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

What is wrong with what Pedro said?  What is he supposed to do?  I have to believe that what he said in this quote is completely true.  You find these quotes and it's just another excuse to complain and get across the message to "fire Pedro". 

Should he flip over a table and scream at the players? Would that work?  Can he do the thing in Bull Durham and throw bats in the shower and yell at the players?  Would that help?  Are you saying Pedro should being doing that sort of thing? If not, why attack this quote?

He has to talk to the press and he has to say something. Realistically, what can he say? 

I said it about a three weeks ago, and I'm saying it again: I'm a fan of the Sox, just like you are, and I understand your frustration and anger. But I don't understand the point of literally (in various formats) of writing "Fire Pedro" over 50 times a week. And over 50 times a week is not, in anyway, an exaggeration for a few on this board. 

See the problem is people advocating doing something productive (firing Pedro Grifol), NOT advocating Grifol flip over a table, which I agree would be unproductive but I don't see people advocating for.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

You don’t have to understand it, just avoid the thread and everything is fine 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

See the problem is people advocating doing something productive (firing Pedro Grifol), NOT advocating Grifol flip over a table, which I agree would be unproductive but I don't see people advocating for.

How about something for White Sox charities?.....the winner of a daily raffle gets to go in to the clubhouse, flip over a table and go off on these guys "Nathan Shelley" style.

Edited by wegner
Needed visual cue for some??
  • Like 1