2 hours ago2 hr Pretty interesting the divergent paths for the 3 big Japanese rookies.Mune, unexpectedly the last one standing in the playoff field, really impacted the team and has been capturing hearts and minds even outside of Chicago with his various viral moments.Okamoto performed well and seems comfortable in Toronto, though with less national profile/attention and with the team falling short around him. Still, the Toronto FO was quick to talk about continuing to pursue more Japanese talent after their season ended.And then Imai...doesn't seem like he quite found his footing in Houston. Struggled as a starter, was actually pretty good in relief, but they just stopped using him. Only 18 innings/8 games after his move to the pen in late July even though he was pitching well (certainly better than a few guys they did use). He reportedly had an incentive for 80+ innings, and I guess HOU was determined not to pay it...maybe an attempt to alienate him into opting out? Pretty rough look that I can't imagine helps them with future NBP recruitment efforts.I'm curious to see what Imai decides. $18 million is a lot of money, but hard to put a price on your personal happiness/comfort.
1 hour ago1 hr On 10/1/2026 at 1:20 PM, Autumn Dreamin said:Cultural exchange is a beautiful thingAlso big ups to Teel for shouting out the Youtuber that does the funny slightly leaned into NYC metro Paisan accents.What an awesome thing.
59 minutes ago59 min Just now, Chick Mercedes said:The white guys from London ruin the daps tooUnless it's Tom Hardy
52 minutes ago52 min 1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:Pretty interesting the divergent paths for the 3 big Japanese rookies.Mune, unexpectedly the last one standing in the playoff field, really impacted the team and has been capturing hearts and minds even outside of Chicago with his various viral moments.Okamoto performed well and seems comfortable in Toronto, though with less national profile/attention and with the team falling short around him. Still, the Toronto FO was quick to talk about continuing to pursue more Japanese talent after their season ended.And then Imai...doesn't seem like he quite found his footing in Houston. Struggled as a starter, was actually pretty good in relief, but they just stopped using him. Only 18 innings/8 games after his move to the pen in late July even though he was pitching well (certainly better than a few guys they did use). He reportedly had an incentive for 80+ innings, and I guess HOU was determined not to pay it...maybe an attempt to alienate him into opting out? Pretty rough look that I can't imagine helps them with future NBP recruitment efforts.I'm curious to see what Imai decides. $18 million is a lot of money, but hard to put a price on your personal happiness/comfort.I think I’d put aside my personal happiness for one baseball season for 18 mil. But, that’s just me….
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.