White Sox Trade:

Magglio Ordonez

(prospect ?)

Orioles Trade:

Jorge Julio

Melvin Mora

Nick Markakis

thoughts? comments?

For the Orioles trade, I'd ask that we get Luis Matos rather than Melvin Mora(the guy can play a sick CF....he's about as good as Torii Hunter), and that we get Cust as well to strengthen the minor league systems.

Mora can play anywhere, well. He would be huge for this team. I would love any of the guys, plus save money.

I do think Jay Gibbons is pretty damn good, so insert him into the deals, and then were talking.

I dont' want to even think about getting Freddy Garcia for Magglio Ordonez, I'd much rather deal him to the Dodgers and get Perez and Mota (Not that I want only those two).

I just don't see getting Garcia and taking the shot of drastically overpaying him. Now if were talking about moving Konerko for Garcia, thats another story.

As far as the prospects, I like them.

I've been a fan of Gibbons for a while. If we could get a few more players plus him for Maggs, I wouldn't be so upset. I think a prospective Baltimore deal hinges on if Vlad goes there, which is were he is being rumored to go. If Vlad signs elsewhere I would expect the O's to go after Maggs, which then KW can jack up the price.

I like your Seattle purposal a lot more then your Baltimore purposal. I really think that Garcia is better then people are making him out be. His stuff is still very good, and his overall stats are still very good. The only problem is that he has given up more HR's the past 2 seasons. If he can get back to his old ways with good sink on his fastball, than he might be a very good front of the rotation starter. I think it is worth the risk, because the worst case senerio is that he doesn't improve, but is still a decent middle of the rotation starter. I also really like Snelling as well. I brought him up in 2001 on the ESPN message board(along with a couple of other top Seattle prospect). I can't remember exactly, but the Sox were thinking about trading a veteran to the M's for prospects, and 4 names that I brought up were Snelling, Vazquez(now the SS for San Diego), Pineiro(before he had established himself), and Christenson(a catcher that has seen his stock fall). Snelling is one of those 5 tool outfielders that has a great work ethic and hussle. He plays the game a lot like Erstad and Rowand, and that is a flaw in a way because he has been prone to injuries over his career. I still think he would be a great pickup, and if he can ever stay healthy you will have yourself one hell of a ballplayer. For the record, there is no way that Seattle gives up Soriano in a trade. He is as close to untouchable as there is. Both Nageotte and Blackley are very good pitching prospects, and I would love to see the Sox get their hands on either of them. A Garcia, Snelling, and Nageotte/Blackley for Maggs deal is good deal for the Sox, although Seattle might think they are giving up too much for a 1 year player scheduled to make 14M next year.

I am not a huge fan of your Baltimore trade. I doubt that Baltimore would give up Julio, and I think he is a bit overrated to begin with. I like Mora, but I am smart enough to realize that last year was a fluke year for him, and that he will most likely revert back to his mid-.700 OPS days. I am not a huge fan of Markakis(although it is still too early to project what kind of player he will be), and as someone pointed out, he can't be traded yet. I like the idea of getting Gibson. He is a solid young player that would give the Sox a decent replacement for Maggs in the outfield. Another guy that I would like to see the Sox get their hands on is Matos. I like the idea of an athlete like Matos on the Sox roster and outfield. If the Sox added Gibson and Matos, than they could trade Lee to fill another weakness and save some money if they wanted(and possible go after a big name FA like a Tejada or Colon for example). Have Baltimore throw in a decent young pitcher, and you would have yourself a very good deal for the Sox(Gibson, Matos, and a young pitcher for Maggs), although once again Baltimore might feel like they are giving up too much for a 1 year 14M player. A name that might come up is Jason Johnson. Baltimore has been trying to trade him, and might try to get the Sox to take him to help balance the salaries and give the Sox a middle of the rotation starter. I am not a huge Johnson fan though, but I can see a Gibson and Johnson(maybe something else) for Maggs deal going through unfortunately.

I'd like to see the Sox have 5 good starters...trade whatever position players necessary to make that happen.

Resign Colon...make a trade for Odalis Perez...then deal the other contracts for younger/cheaper position players, sign some cheap vets...get some relievers, maybe add one good position player via fa.