Packers vs. Bears Part 2

Capn12

Well, after watching my beloved Packers fall to the hapless Detroit Freakin Lions, and seeing Chicago beat Arizona EVEN WITH Kordell Stewart at QB, I'm concerned. I dunno what has happened to this GB defense in the matter of 2 years, but it just does not have the run defense up the middle, and without Darren Sharper patrolling in the secondary, this becomes a game that the Pack can certainly lose in going away fashion.

Your thoughts? Hopefully not something like, "Fudgepackers Suck!!" or garbage of the like. Serious opinions.

Well, after watching my beloved Packers fall to the hapless Detroit Freakin Lions, and seeing Chicago beat Arizona EVEN WITH Kordell Stewart at QB, I'm concerned. I dunno what has happened to this GB defense in the matter of 2 years, but it just does not have the run defense up the middle, and without Darren Sharper patrolling in the secondary, this becomes a game that the Pack can certainly lose in going away fashion.

Your thoughts? Hopefully not something like, "Fudgepackers Suck!!" or garbage of the like. Serious opinions.

What are your feelings?

I have no feelings..I am a cold hearted human who if had the chance would steal candy from a baby............

Oh, you're talkin about feelings about the pack and Bears..

They'll lose..they always lose to the Packers..the pack could be winless and the worst team in NFL history and we would still lose..

They just have our #..We'll prob get blown out by 20..

But good luck BEARS!!!!! :headbang :P

I hate the Pack and Brian loves 'em, but I think they will own the Bears (as usual) at Lambeau Field. The Pack really need to start looking at a decent QB. Either Farve's thumb isn't healing as it should or he is getting a little old at QB, either way, they need to start looking at grooming a new QB so they are ready if and when he retires.

Best case scenario for the bears:

Bears beat packers

Seahawks beat Vikings

Chargers beat Lions (though it has few implications, it is always nice to see the Lions lose if you are a bear fan).

Resulting Standings:

Vikings 7-6 remaining games: @Bears, vs. Chiefs, @Cardinals

Bears 6-7 remaining games: vs. Minnesota, vs. Redskins, @Chiefs

Packers 6-7 remaining games: @San Diego, @Oakland, vs. Denver

Lions 4-9 remaining games: @KC, @Carolina, vs. St. Louis

So the bears must beat Green Bay, Minnesota, Redskins

Vikings lose to Seahawks, Bears and Chiefs

Green Bay loses to bears, denver

then, all 3 are 8-8, but I am not sure who would get the nod

Best case scenario for the bears:

Bears beat packers

Seahawks beat Vikings

Chargers beat Lions (though it has few implications, it is always nice to see the Lions lose if you are a bear fan).

Resulting Standings:

Vikings 7-6 remaining games: @Bears, vs. Chiefs, @Cardinals

Bears 6-7 remaining games: vs. Minnesota, vs. Redskins, @Chiefs

Packers 6-7 remaining games: @San Diego, @Oakland, vs. Denver

Lions 4-9 remaining games: @KC, @Carolina, vs. St. Louis

So the bears must beat Green Bay, Minnesota, Redskins

Vikings lose to Seahawks, Bears and Chiefs

Green Bay loses to bears, denver

then, all 3 are 8-8, but I am not sure who would get the nod

The Bears can't win the tiebreaker against the Vikes and it would be difficult against the Pack. They have to win out and hope for help.

Wow, you guys must be smoking smoething good. They win one game against a really s***ty Arizona after playing like gimps the whole season and you have playoff dreams now. Trust me, the Bears will probably get blown out in atleast 2 of their final 4 games. I will be sitting there laughing as it happens :)

Have our #???

Maybe in this era; however, not historically!

Da Bears will walk all over the Green Gay Crappers!!!

Well, they have our # lately...or since Farve's been QB of the Pack..can't deny that..though it would be sweet to kick their asses...I don't know

Bears have something to play for this week, look for an upset

And the Packers don't?

They just lost to the LIONS, have lost 3 games at home(a place where they went undefeated last year before a home loss against the Falcons in the playoffs), Favre has struggled, and they are in about the same boat as the Bears are when it comes to division standings. If they beat* the Bears, they eliminate the Bears and stay a game back of Minny, and possibly take a first-place tie.

If I didn't hate the Packers as much as I did, I think it would be a fun game to watch. But because I hate the Packers, I won't even want to see the highlights. The Bears are going to get hurt falling off their high horse, and will get completely stomped.

Just what I think will happen.

EDITED: No one caught my mistake? Hehe :D

What do you mean not historically Heather?  Last time I checked the Pack had more championships than the Bears.  That is a pretty good historical stat  :bang

Oh yea? Well the Packers do have 12 championships; however, championships aren't foreign to the Bears either, as they have 9 of their own! Not much of a difference there.

In addition, the Bears are the winningest NFL franchise with 653 wins all time...The Packers come in second with 597.

Furthermore, the Bears have more HOFers than any other NFL franchise.

Oh, and the Bears lead the all-time head-to-head series with the Packers by eight games.

Mmmmmmmm, look who's owned who historically!!!

:)

Oh yea?  Well the Packers do have 12 championships; however, championships aren't foreign to the Bears either, as they have 9 of their own!  Not much of a difference there.

In addition, the Bears are the winningest NFL franchise with 653 wins all time...The Packers come in second with 597.

Furthermore, the Bears have more HOFers than any other NFL franchise.

Oh, and the Bears lead the all-time head-to-head series with the Packers by eight games.

Mmmmmmmm, look who's owned who historically!!!

:)

Well, the Packers have the second most Hall of Famers of all time, only second to the Bears. But hey, you said that championships don't mean much so I guess HOF'ers don't mean much either :P

All you have to do is look at who owns each team to understand why one group of fans is more loyal than the other. The Bears ownership is a joke as well as their team. Sorry heather, I think the Bears are a sad ass franchise.

I never said Championships don't mean much...Just said that the gap between the Bears and Crappers is very small with regards to championships! Don't be putting any words in my mouth that I did not say.

And, if the Crapper fans were so LOYAL, where were they in the 80s?

Oh, and I know you're a Crapper fan, so you can go suck it!!!

Well, the Packers have the second most Hall of Famers of all time, only second to the Bears.  But hey, you said that championships don't mean much so I guess HOF'ers don't mean much either  :P

All you have to do is look at who owns each team to understand why one group of fans is more loyal than the other.  The Bears ownership is a joke as well as their team.  Sorry heather, I think the Bears are a sad ass franchise.

I have been raised to hate the Packers, and I do hate the Packers.

But the Packers have provided some humor in my life and have made the NFL more enjoyable, here is why:

1) Davenport went to a college party his rookie year and s*** in a random girls closet, I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that, it made mini-camp very humerous.

2) The Packers provided John Elway with his first Super Bowl ring. Elway was blown out in his previous attempts, it was great to see him finally win won, thank you packers!

3) The Packers provided the bears with their only inspirational moment of the 2000 season when the Bears beat the Packers in Green Bay...oh what a boring NFL year it would have been otherwise, thank you packers!

4) The Packers allowed Walter Payton to average over 100 yds per game against them, thank you Packers for bowing down to the greatest running back of all time!

5) The Packers gave Mike Vick a warm welcome to the playoffs on a cold night in Green Bay, thank you packers for being and ample doormat, and allowing Vick and the Falcons to get some well deserved attention on National TV. (by the way nice tackling in that game!)

Whether it is providing humor, a much needed victory, or just helping out NFL stars, the Packers have always been reliable.

I am not trying to say all the Bears fans are horrible and all that. I am saying the way that the organization is run is a joke. Look at what McCaskey and Co. have done to one of the founding teams of professional football. They are pretty much a laughing stock every year.

And, if you want to make personal attacks like that for me being a fan of the Pack 1549, I guess that is just your perogative. I really don't understand why you would call someone a sad ass human being for being fans of a great and storied franchise. Seems pretty s***ty to me.

I am not trying to say all the Bears fans are horrible and all that.  I am saying the way that the organization is run is a joke.  Look at what McCaskey and Co. have done to one of the founding teams of professional football.  They are pretty much a laughing stock every year.

And, if you want to make personal attacks like that for me being a fan of the Pack 1549, I guess that is just your perogative.  I really don't understand why you would call someone a sad ass human being for being fans of a great and storied franchise.  Seems pretty s***ty to me.

Well actually my statement was directed towards the Packer fans that wear an oversized foam cheese wedge. Those people are the sad ass human beings. As are the Raider fans that wear spikes, black face paint, and all that other crap.

If you are a fan who believes in keeping some dignity, then I have no problem with you. Only your team.

But if you do wear cheese on your head, then I have no problem calling you a sad ass sports fan.

I am retracting my sad ass human being comment, because I don't know enough about the lives of those that wear cheese to call them sad ass human beings, I only know they are sad ass football fans. Apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Anyway Go Bears, f*** the packers.

I am not trying to say all the Bears fans are horrible and all that.  I am saying the way that the organization is run is a joke.  Look at what McCaskey and Co. have done to one of the founding teams of professional football.  They are pretty much a laughing stock every year.

And, if you want to make personal attacks like that for me being a fan of the Pack 1549, I guess that is just your perogative.  I really don't understand why you would call someone a sad ass human being for being fans of a great and storied franchise.  Seems pretty s***ty to me.

the bears are nowhere near as bad as some of the other franchised. Look at the cardinals and lions....the bears haven't been a powerhouse in awhile, but they manage to not be the laughing stock of the league for years on end. once favre retires, i look forward to the packers last place finishes.