Honest opinion

southsider2k5

If we are going to have a half ass team out there this year, would you rather see KW add marginal guys to maybe give us an 85 win season, or would rather see them melt this down now, trade guys like Maggs, Konerko, Valentin etc, and reload the farm system hoping for better days down the road in '05 or '06?

Meltdown and work on getting the team ready for next year. If the team isn't serious to compete for the series and just wants to half ass it, then I think they should get some top young guys and let them get ready and next year, with the increased revenue from the new tv deal, go back out and spend money.

IT would defiantely put a hit in the fan base, but I'd rather see the team do that then toy with my damn emotions yet again.

I would rather they play for this year and fold up the team the following year. After 40+ years I've seen to much of not even making the playoffs and then rebuilding. Rebuilding what? That implies we had built something to begin with. This last year should have been the start of 2 or 3 years of contending. Instead, we are trying to rebuild a team that can win 88 games? We've been rebuilding since 1917.

There is no building in baseball. You try and sign the best free agents, hope to add a rookie phenom, a couple players have career years, and pray your manager doesn't f*** it up. At the end of season repeat process.

Developing players is too hit or miss.

Dammit why did you get me started?

We did this and what happened (white flag?) This team is a disgrace and embarassment to the city along with the Hawks, Bulls and Bears. Why isn't Terry Francona our manager, yet the second most intense team in baseball will hire him? Our owner refuses to risk money. We talk about how we have to blow up a team with teh $60M payroll. Teams are trying to cut $60M out of their payroll. We are a f***ing joke and a sorry excuse of an organization. There is no way Ozzie Guillen should be anywhere near running a team. Here is our line-up;

Harris-Rowand-Thomas-Orodnez-Lee-Konerko-Crede-Valentin-Olivo

Our rotation and bullpen suck.

With a $65M in payroll we would walk away with this division but our owner is a complete piece of s*** that refuses to try and win. This is why we have lost a good portion of a decent minor league team(7) and major league team (6) from last year for nothing. This organization is a disgrace. Oh, and they think I am going to pay $500 for additional enjoyment for this crap next season. They are looney.

I'd blow it up and start again, if for no other reason, because in two seasons, the Yankees and RedSox are both going to be real old, with not many prospects on either's minor league teams left. Our division will still be weak, unless Cleveland's kids are really as good as advertised(yes Brandon Phillips, we're looking in your direction).

So it is official....Almost everyone here is officially hitting the PANIC BUTTON!?!?!?!

Sure it looks glum...but I refuse to say anything bad with exception to the one move this offseason that i will NEVER understand...I know ive said it before but i must say it again...JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE...WHY WHY WHY WHY???

At least until the winter meetings are over...Im not too worried...

SOX 2004 CENTRAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

:bang :unsure: