Which team has the best owners?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best owners?

• Bears
    • Blackhawks
    • Bulls
    • Cubs
    • White Sox

Me too.  Remember they are the only team EXPANDING payroll in this town.  I guess if the Fire aren't on the list, I have to vote for the f***ing Cubs... :angry:

Too bad the Wolves aren't on the list, I'd vote for them in a heart beat. Can they lend the people that make their ads to the Sox - those ads are hysterical and do a great job of selling the team.

Too bad the Wolves aren't on the list, I'd vote for them in a heart beat.  Can they lend the people that make their ads to the Sox - those ads are hysterical and do a great job of selling the team.

Yeah, actually the only reason I didn't mention the Wolves is because they are minor league. All of the minor league baseball teams around here do a great job of PR and entertainment as well.

I love the ad that looks like a missing poster. "Lost - One Calder Cup..." Another good one was the ad series for after they won the Calder Cup. It's a list of things you get for being a season ticket holder and the last line is 'Championship team included."

Yeah, actually the only reason I didn't mention the Wolves is because they are minor league.  All of the minor league baseball teams around here do a great job of PR and entertainment as well.

The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bee hockey team has done an incredible job marketing the team to people who literaly didn't know Zapruder from Zamboni. The players have been great about making appearances, the team supports every non profit walking in the door.

Sorry for not mentioning the Fire or Wolves. I tried to keep it to the big 4 sports. I would have liked to see them ranked but we don;t have that feature.

I would probably go

Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Sox, Hawks. Actually I would put the Trib in first and Dollar Bill in last and the other three in any order you want.

Since they're the only team not trying to kill their fanbase or chasing their tails, I have to vote Scrubbie too.

Although it IS easy to raise payroll when you have a company-owned scalping service selling 45 dollar tickets for 1500 bucks a pop - that would give you "fiscal flexibility".......and IT'S ALL LEGAL!!!!

Since they're the only team not trying to kill their fanbase or chasing their tails, I have to vote Scrubbie too.

Although it IS easy to raise payroll when you have a company-owned scalping service selling 45 dollar tickets for 1500 bucks a pop - that would give you "fiscal flexibility".......and IT'S ALL LEGAL!!!!

I left to go pick up some sushi and as I was standing in line I remembered the scalping. I hoped someone remembered it.

Winning does seem to be everything as far as ownership. During the running of Da Bulls, JR went out and grabbed the extra guard, the rebounds, whatever little thing was needed and I never remember hearing about salary concerns.

Maybe JR needs to sell one of his teams. I'm not sure which one, but one of them for the good of the other.

I left to go pick up some sushi and as I was standing in line I remembered the scalping. I hoped someone remembered it.

Winning does seem to be everything as far as ownership. During the running of Da Bulls, JR went out and grabbed the extra guard, the rebounds, whatever little thing was needed and I never remember hearing about salary concerns.

Maybe JR needs to sell one of his teams. I'm not sure which one, but one of them for the good of the other.

The reason why you never heard about salary concerns about the Bulls is that the people of Chicago have supported the Bulls far more than they have the White Sox. As a result, there is always enough funds around to pay for new players to fill in the gaps. The fact that the Bulls are currently not doing so hot just goes to show that money alone does not solve all your problems. Its how effectively that its applied that counts.

Me too.  Remember they are the only team EXPANDING payroll in this town.  I guess if the Fire aren't on the list, I have to vote for the f***ing Cubs... :angry:

Are you not aware that the Sox are upping their payroll from $51 Mil. to $58 Mil., an increase of roughly 14%? In any event, high payrolls does not guarantee success as the experience of such teams as the Baltimore Orioles and the Texas Rangers have shown. Its how well the payrolls are managed that makes the big difference. Remember, the Florida Marlins payroll in 2003 was about 10% smaller than that of the Sox, yet the Marlins won the World Series while the Sox did not even make the playoffs.

Payroll is not destiny in professional sports. If you continue to believe otherwise, then go to Sox games so that they have the money to make the expenditures that you desire.

After what the Tribune Co pulled with that scam of the Cub fans and that paper company selling tickets for multiple times their face value, there is no way I could vote for the Cubs having the "best" ownership. The Blackhawks are eliminated because, well, you all know. The leaves the Bears and the Reinsdorfs. Nod to the Bulls because of the 6 championships. But, all in all, none of them qualify.