A Racy Poll....

Soxy

Would you buy a chocolate vagina? (Either for yourself or a loved one...)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a chocolate vagina? (Either for yourself or a loved one...)

• Yes
    • No
    • Oh Dear Lord Ewwwwwwww

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversial Chocolate Vaginas Shock Campus

by Jason Cotter, Editor Emeritus

In March 6th , the NCSU Women's Center hosted "The Vagina Monologues". As part of a publicity campaign and fundraising effort, the Women's Center sold chocolate vaginas on the brickyard for two days during the week leading up to the event. The anatomically correct chocolates raised eyebrows as well as questions about the Women Center's ability to represent mainstream women on campus.

The "Vagina Monologues" play was written by Eve Ensler and has become popular among women's groups since it's 1998 debut. The play was hosted at Stewart Theater and a sold out crowd was there to listen to controversial monologues such as "Reclaiming c***" and "The Little Coochie Snorter That Could".

According to Political Science senior, Toni Nata, "I was shocked and embarrassed that they were being sold. It's a sacred part of a woman's anatomy that was being sold." Other students were equally offended. "Not only does this heinous act offend me greatly, but it is one of the few things that makes me ashamed to say I am a student at this university," says Veronica Brumbaugh, a sophomore in Chemical Engineering.

More here

Yessirree, the cooterpop does look good enough to eat!

As for the offended women students in the bit Tex pasted, I think they have entirely missed the point. One of the points of "shocking" works like Vagina Monologues, and tongue-in-cheek (or elsewhere :) ) informative books like "The Clitorist" (really good book btw) is, I think, to allow the reality of womanhood to rise above the jokes that we men have heaped on womenkind for so long.

Psychologists came up with the concept of penis envy, what, like 100 years ago? All the while, the reality was that any man who doesn't suffer from 'cooter envy' doesn't have much of a clue about that spectacular piece of equipment. The clitoris is the ONLY organ designed for no other purpose than the enjoyment of sex. it's got something like 100x the nerve endings a penis does, all packed into a very small funzone. Wire that baby up to a couple breasts and a G-spot (if you believe in it and/or have bothered to find it), and you have a multi-orgasmic machine the likes of which we poor men can barely fathom.

Yap. Big fan of the vagina.

The grand cosmic irony, of course, is that we poor men are the one's cursed with minds that think about sex 100 times a day. Cruel universe indeed.

The clitoris is the ONLY organ designed for no other purpose than the enjoyment of sex.  it's got something like 100x the nerve endings a penis does, all packed into a very small funzone.  Wire that baby up to a couple breasts and a G-spot (if you believe in it and/or have bothered to find it), and you have a multi-orgasmic machine the likes of which we poor men can barely fathom.

Mmmmhmmm. To quote the monologues, why carry a shotgun when you can have a semi-automatic? ;) But, that's just me...

Sorry, someone had asked....

Don't be sorry...

I just vaguely remember one of the younger posters saying they got in trouble when their mother or sister saw something posted on here in the past...??

And lord help Heather if her father sees it!! :lol:

I know I'm gonna sound like a prude here.. but was it really necessary to post a picture of them...?

If we post only necessary stuff we would have cob webs on the server. None of this is necessary.

Was it in good taste and within the boundries established over time? Probably. I don't think it was as bad as some of the other stories and pics we've had.

Should we discuss advertising slogans?

If we post only necessary stuff we would have cob webs on the server. None of this is necessary.

Was it in good taste and within the boundries established over time? Probably. I don't think it was as bad as some of the other stories and pics we've had. 

Should we discuss advertising slogans?

It was done in good taste and no-one seemed to object to it so I didn't really see anythin wrong wit it. And it's chocolate as well. :lol:

Ya know what.. forget I said anything.

I was actually just going to take them down and say if anyone wanted to see them to e-mail me and I would just e-mail them a pic...

I forget some parents are so--liberal (right word?)...My mom told me to bring her home some--and some for all her friends. And all of my friends mom's wanted some too--so, I guess we're all little hippie children up here. :D

And I forget some people don't talk about this stuff normally. Right, I'll work on tempering my raging liberalism. ;)

If it is offensive to some then that needs to be considered. Instead, I'll share an innocent picture of one of my favorite wildflowers...

clitoria.gif

It's a member of the pea family, with the scientific name Clitorea ternata

. I wonder where they got the name.

I kid because I care. I do have to remember that it is harder to offend us biologists than those from other walks of life. You can dress us up, you can take us out, but we're still going to talk about snot and bizzare animal mating. :)

That a nice lookin flower there Jim. :D. I ain't the gardener type of person though, my Dad's kind of a junkie when it comes to that type of stuff. We've got roses and all diff type of flowers round the garden. ;)