NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More solid Texas coaching. With Tech trailing by 3 with 17.7 gets a foul given by Texas so that Tech has no chance to tie the game. Tech hits both freebies and is forced to foul.

Texas misses the front end of the one and one, Tech gets the rebound and dribbles out to just short of half court before calling the TO. Tech has 1.9 secs to get something off, trailing by one.

I'm sure a lot of you heard the tirade by Jim Calhoun after the loss to Providence....Well now he's sorry....

STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun apologized to a newspaper columnist on Monday, two days after he reacted to a recruiting question with a profanity-laced tirade.

Calhoun lashed out at Dave Solomon of the New Haven Register after UConn's 66-56 loss to Providence when Solomon asked him to comment on the improvement of Providence's Ryan Gomes. The Waterbury native scored 26 points and had 12 rebounds Saturday to lead PC in an upset of the No. 6 Huskies.

"I took Emeka Okafor and Caron Butler. They're not bad!" Calhoun shouted. "I can't get everyone!"

Calhoun said he felt an apology was necessary "not because whether I agreed or disagreed with his timing or question or anything of that nature, because I berated him in front of his peers."

Calhoun issued his apology during a conference call to discuss the Huskies game Tuesday at Virginia Tech.

"Over 18 years (Solomon) has always treated me exceptionally fair," Calhoun said. "The discussion could have certainly taken place someplace else. I felt very strongly I misused the podium in a moment for someone who I have great respect for professionally and personally."

Solomon said Monday the apology was "appreciated but not necessary."

With tonight's big rivalry game between IU and Purdue......

Classic is showing a couple old games....

The first one is from Feb. of 1985. (on right now, started at 1 pm est)

The second game is from 1997 (on at 5 pm est)

This all leads up to the showdown between....

IU!!! :headbang vs. Purdue :finger at 7 pm est on ESPN.

Bracey Wright comes up huge in the last minute of the game with a key assist and blocked shot as IU holds on the win a thriller 63-58.  Damn I can't wait for March!

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Who's #1 in the Big Ten??? IU!!!!!!!

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Great f***in' game....Went back and forth the whole 2nd half. AJ Moye stepped up big tonight. Roderick Wilmont at the end w/ the 2 big three's!

We're backkkkkkkkkk!!!! :headbang

I used to go there, was never a fan of them.

In fact I sat behind the MSU bench when they came to town to play IU and rooted against the Hoosiers with tickets Coach Izzo gave me.

I went through an MSU phase for a couple of years around Zach Randolph being recruited to play there. I know his HS very well, and met and saw Zach play on a few occasions in HS.