NCAA hoops thread

Oklahoma State beats Texas 76-67. The fans rush the court. Does anybody else think that there has been way too much of rushing the court? It used to be a special occasion, now after every big win fans are rushing the court.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma State beats Texas 76-67. The fans rush the court. Does anybody else think that there has been way too much of rushing the court? It used to be a special occasion, now after every big win fans are rushing the court.

I may be wrong, but didn't OSU clinch the Big 12 championship with that win. If so I could see rushing the court.

I may be wrong, but didn't OSU clinch the Big 12 championship with that win.  If so I could see rushing the court.

on the whole though people seem to rush the court for no reason these days even if their team is ranked and they breat a ranked team... best case is to rush the court after a last second shot

SIU had to lose sometime but at least they got it out of the way before the tourney right?

I've been thinking, I've always said that losing b4 the tourney or in the conference tourney really is sometimes a good thing. I mean, your "due" for a loss eventually right? So then, from a big 10 perspective, maybe 2 good things could happen out of Illinois losing...

1) Purdue gets one more quality win, and gives them confidence going into the B10 Tourney after getting destroyed in Badgerland.

2) Illinois gets that loss out of the way, then beats OSU going into the B10 tourney, win that, and off we go to a regional near you?

However, one very bad thing, unless Mich St. loses to Wisconsin tomorrow...

We dont take the big 10 regular season championship... which draws me to say,

Go illini!

I've been thinking, I've always said that losing b4 the tourney or in the conference tourney really is sometimes a good thing.  I mean, your "due" for a loss eventually right?  So then, from a big 10 perspective, maybe 2 good things could happen out of Illinois losing...

1)  Purdue gets one more quality win, and gives them confidence going into the B10 Tourney after getting destroyed in Badgerland.

2)  Illinois gets that loss out of the way, then beats OSU going into the B10 tourney, win that, and off we go to a regional near you?

Go illini!

i would rather lose in the big ten tourney then give up a share of the regular seaswon title

but tonight is the ONLY night during the regular season that we Illini fans can root for the red from madison :ph34r:

I've been thinking, I've always said that losing b4 the tourney or in the conference tourney really is sometimes a good thing.  I mean, your "due" for a loss eventually right?  So then, from a big 10 perspective, maybe 2 good things could happen out of Illinois losing...

1)  Purdue gets one more quality win, and gives them confidence going into the B10 Tourney after getting destroyed in Badgerland.

2)  Illinois gets that loss out of the way, then beats OSU going into the B10 tourney, win that, and off we go to a regional near you?

Go illini!

I would much rather have the big ten championship and lose in the big 10 tourney than the other way around. I have to say, I'm a little nervous about purdue though.

I would much rather have the big ten championship and lose in the big 10 tourney than the other way around.  I have to say, I'm a little nervous about purdue though.

Agreed, and I really don't care at all about the BTT. It would be nice to win but it does nothing but make you more tired for the tourney. As long as they win their first game in the BTT I really don't care about the rest because it doesn't help seeding at all (see Illinois last year).

Valpo Crusaders clinch their 9th Mid-Con regular season championship in 10 years tonight with a win over Chicago State. :headbang Look out for this team in the tournament because they have played the likes of Cincinati, Marquette, Arizona, and Duke this year so they are ready to play against a number two or three seed in the NCAAs. You heard it here first.

Go illini!

ok, now that the Badger scenario worked out nicely, ill agree with both of you, and say, a loss in the big 10 tourney is much better.... (duh) Lets get this title to ourselves, and get ready for some dancing in 2 weeks. I still do think that a loss in the big 10 tourney will only help us going into the national tourney. Although, the whole momentum thing is the only thing that takes that argument away.

Go ILLINI!