NCAA hoops thread

At least you weren't on a plane. My flight left Tuscon last night at 4:50 (5:50 our time) and we didn't get to Chicago until 12:45. The flight went from Tuscon to Alberquerque then to Kansas City and finally to Chicago. We were grounded in New Mexico for almost 2 hours. I thought I would at least be able to see the end of the later games, but I guess not.

BTW- Go Illini! I never thought I'd say that, but I hate Duke.

Did you or Cerb get to see the Valpo-Columbia City Semi-State game? I watched that Thursday night. It was something else.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you or Cerb get to see the Valpo-Columbia City Semi-State game?  I watched that Thursday night.  It was something else.

No, I was out of town since last Friday, the game was that Saturday at Layfeyette. I know they lost though. :angry: Wasn't the score in the thirties? Anyways, almost all of the school was out of town for spring break, so having no crowd could have made a difference, I don't know. And, my dad threw away the newspaper that had the article in it so I don't know a lot about what happened.

72-71 Xavier with about 15 seconds left. Should be a good ending, Xavier is taking the ball out of bounds now.

After six straight free throws from Xavier, which resulted from Technicals on Barnes, Xavier is going to the Elite Eight. 79-71 over Texas is the final, it's Xaviers first trip to the elite eight, and makes it two A-10 schools in the final 8. :o

Did you or Cerb get to see the Valpo-Columbia City Semi-State game?  I watched that Thursday night.  It was something else.

I really have to pull for Lawerence North in the 4A game now after we lost the regional championship game to Columbia City at Marion. Columbia City is a great reason we could really use a shot clock in high school basketball. They would hold the ball for 2-3 minutes a possession. There's almost no way to stop an offense that moves that slow, because they're going to wait for that guaranteed shot. But seriously, you saw that score of the Valpo-CC game. It was 39-34 in an OVERTIME game. Rediculous.

For thoes still counting... 

That's 57 games, and NO BUZZ-BEATERS!!!.

This tourney has been a dissappointment... There was more excitement in teh Gonzaga-Arizon game last year, than in the entire tourny so far.

Yeah....That might be more of a reason that I'm not having fun w/ this tourney than IU not being there.

For thoes still counting... 

That's 57 games, and NO BUZZ-BEATERS!!!.

This tourney has been a dissappointment... There was more excitement in teh Gonzaga-Arizon game last year, than in the entire tourny so far.

What happened to those playin at home Cheat? ;) :lol: