Early win predicitions

southsider2k5

I don't know (or care) if it's the *OFFICIAL* predictions thread.......But allow me to re-iterate:

2004 Sox wins: 93

2004 Sox losses:  69

Place in ALC:  1st

(2004 Cub wins: hopefully not many. )

Sounds good to me! :lol:

I don't know (or care) if it's the *OFFICIAL* predictions thread.......But allow me to re-iterate:

2004 Sox wins: 93

2004 Sox losses:  69

Place in ALC:  1st

(2004 Cub wins: hopefully not many. )

I didn't know the Sox would be playing in the International League against the Knights this upcoming season...

AL Central

Ditka 162-0

Twins 87-75

Royals 84-78

Sox 82-80

Tribe 74-86

Tigers 55-107

Ditka beats the Yankees, BoSox, and A's at the same time in the playoffs.

DA COACH!! :headbang I dont think the tribes record should be that bad. maybe 79-83 and a copule more wins 4 tigers (like they need them) 57-105.

Let's set a range here:

In 2003 the Sox went 86-76 under Jerry Manuel who might be fairly described as being an average manager. The old adage is that the manager makes a difference in about 5-10 games out of a 162 game season. Fundamentally, this is the same team as 2003.

Therefore, if Ozzie is a good manager, then the Sox could win 86-96 games and the team wins the division.

If Ozzie is a bad manager, then the Sox could win 76-86 games and lose the division.

If Ozzie is an average manager like JM, then the Sox could once again go 86-76 and might conceivably win the division unless either KC or Minnesota does something both big and unexpected in what's left of the offseason.

As for the Cubs, my prediction is that Dusty Baker's misuse of Prior, Wood and Zambrano in 2003 will backfire in the form of serious injuries in 2004 and the Cubs could very well be forced to fight with the likes of Pittsburgh for 3rd place in the NL Central.

The Sox will win 90. KW will do something about the tail end of our rotation. I don't know what or how, but he won't let us start the season without at least one more quality starter, whether this starter comes from within the system or via trade.

We lost Colon. That's gonna hurt. Losing Alomar, Everett, Graffanino, Sullivan ..... eh, whatever. Losing Gordon is also going to hurt, but I think he is replaceable. He'll probably have arm trouble this season, anyyway. He's about due.

Loaiza can't be expected to have such a good year as last, but he'll be solid. I can see, and do expect, improvement from Garland. I also think that now that Rauch and Wright have had a year to heal, they will be better pitchers than they have shown recently. I also expect Koch to improve over last year. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that overall, our pitching staff will be stronger than last year.

Offensively, we will get more production out of Konerko, Crede and Rowand. Harris will be a big key for us. If he can hit leadoff and get on base, we'll be damn good. If not, we do have enough hitting to get by reasonably well. Maggs, if he is still with us will also probably have a better year than last. If we can get similar production as last year from Thomas, Lee, Valentine and Olivo/Alomar we should be ok.

Wow that is a hell of a range.  Simply looking at the people who made one prediction there is a range of 72-93 wins :o I put this up here because I personally am curious, if the Sox make a major move, how much that these will change.

Hey bastard, that range is 73 wins-162 wins :lol:

And if you want a serious win total from me, I'll say 81

Since there isn't anything else to do today...  If no major changes take place during the rest of the off season, what will the White Sox record be in 2004?

Sign decent 4th starter and keep Maggs: 95-67 1st place

Trade Maggs and nothing else: 75-87 3rd place

Trade Maggs and get 4th starter: 81-81 3rd place

Keep things the way they are now: 87-75 2nd place

This is based on what the biggest trade rumblings have been this offseason.

Wow that is a hell of a range.  Simply looking at the people who made one prediction there is a range of 72-93 wins :o I put this up here because I personally am curious, if the Sox make a major move, how much that these will change.

better check that again..i got us down for 70 wins