The Faux Pudge signs with the Kitties

southsider2k5

How sad. How motivated do you think I-Rod will be this year? After April, he'll probably start eating tons of food to cure his depression for signing with the worst team in baseball history. He'll be known as "Bulge" Rodriguez by July. Good for him. That's what he gets for overestimating his abilities and putting complete trust in his agent, who is a snake, a buzzard, and a lying sack of pig s***.

Good luck, I-Rod. You now get to play in Hell. But at least he's rich.

Idiot.

You'd think that he would have learned from Juan Gonzalez's "fun" time in Detroit. I'm sure Juan would have filled him in if they were around the last year or so.

It's all about the ca$h.

Here's my impression of KC and Detroit signing Juan and Ivan:

money.gif

You'd think that he would have learned from Juan Gonzalez's "fun" time in Detroit. I'm sure Juan would have filled him in if they were around the last year or so.

It's all about the ca$h.

Here's my impression of KC and Detroit signing Juan and Ivan:

money.gif

:lol: :lolhitting

Another Boras client follows the money. Obviously, Boras can care less about how miserable Alex Rodriquez is counting his millions in last place every year. Now he has 2 Rodriquezes doing it. Why do I have a feeling that there will be an eventual 3 way trade, and both the ARod and IRod will be involved?

With this deal, I lost all respect I had for Ivan Rodriguez.  :fyou  "pudge"

I concur. Maybe if the tigers had actually tried to improve themselves this offseason I would have thought about it, but seriously did they make any moves before this one?

I concur.  Maybe if the tigers had actually tried to improve themselves this offseason I would have thought about it, but seriously did they make any moves before this one?

Come on. That Vina and Rondell White signing are major upgrades to that team. They are going to win this division easily.

Come on. That Vina and Rondell White signing are major upgrades to that team. They are going to win this division easily.

While they won't win the division, or even come close, the Tigers will be much better and they WILL make life difficult for the AL Central teams. They may even play spoiler for TWO of the teams in the division this year, not just one like last year.

Vina, White, Rodriguez, Johnson, Guillen are all upgrades, at least in the short term.

While they won't win the division, or even come close, the Tigers will be much better and they WILL make life difficult for the AL Central teams. They may even play spoiler for TWO of the teams in the division this year, not just one like last year.

Vina, White, Rodriguez, Johnson, Guillen are all upgrades, at least in the short term.

True, but they are not MAJOR upgrades like I said at the top. Sure they did improve offensively, they still don't have the pitching that the sox, twins, even the royals have. Pitching wins ballgames. But they can play spoiler like you said. (they did that with us last year.. :angry:)

Damn, just another team that will crush us all year. 4th place here we come.

The Tigers can improve 19 games, and they still would lose 100.

In all seriousness, how sad is that? Wow. What a s***ty team.

The Tigers are doing EXACTLY what they need to do. They are trying to upgrade their postion players to make the team more competitive, while they try and develop some young pitching to build a team around. They KNOW they aren't going to contend, so why pay for a top pitcher? Give them a chance to rebuild from a "shell of a franchise" the right way. There were no quick fix optios available and they were smart enough to know that.

The Tigers are doing EXACTLY what they need to do.  They are trying to upgrade their postion players to make the team more competitive, while they try and develop some young pitching to build a team around.  They KNOW they aren't going to contend, so why pay for a top pitcher?  Give them a chance to rebuild from a "shell of a franchise" the right way.  There were no quick fix optios available and they were smart enough to know that.

I think they didn't want to sign a quality starter long term because of 3 words. Chan Ho Park. At least with a position player ur bound to get a full season out of em most of da time.