Baseball Season

SoxAce

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I f***ing got cut because I'm a junior and can only play first base (big hitter, no speed, poor defense) and we've got this guy who is a sophomore at first base, who was starting there on Varsity and jacking them out last year. This is a 4A school. Also, he is a left hander and a pretty good pitcher, so I get screwed in this. Oh well.

Now I'm coaching Little League, 13-14 year olds. I had to get my baseball fix in somehow.

Well what can I say.. :D I just can't wait. We are practicing everyday to get ready. Hopefully I'll have a good 1st game. :)

My first game isn't til the 6th of april. We have been practicing like crazy lately, today we had practice from 5:30 AM to 7:00, and tomorrow we have it from 8-12. A four hour practice! And to top it off, my coach was in the Marines so he is really strict and makes us run a lot. I just want the games to start already. Hopefully I can be a starter, there are 7 guys going for about 3 or 4 spots in the rotation. I also play second like you.

dude i know what u mean. that stuff sucks i have it in both my knee's only hurts in my left. it screws me over in wrestling and track every year

Wrestlers have great bones, and horrendous joints. It will only get worse, just part of the sport.

Wrestlers have great bones, and horrendous joints. It will only get worse, just part of the sport.

ive noticed this. never broke a bone just partially separated both of my shoulders and the problem with my knee. nota great sport on your head either. but thank god i have a hard one. ive landed on it multiple time and no confirmed concussion. but im sure ive had a minor one and just kept goin

ive noticed this. never broke a bone just partially separated both of my shoulders and the problem with my knee. nota great sport on your head either. but thank god i have a hard one. ive landed on it multiple time and no confirmed concussion. but im sure ive had a minor one and just kept goin

Minor concussions do not do much to ya.

I personally have done alot to my body. Broken both thumbs, broken my nose, broken a tooth, had to get stitches before. Both shoulders, knees, elbows, wrists, ankles, and a couple fingers ache all the time. If it was easy, everybody could do it. That is why I love my sport.

Oh yeah, I forgot some nice cauiflower ear too.

Minor concussions do not do much to ya.

I personally have done alot to my body. Broken both thumbs, broken my nose, broken a tooth, had to get stitches before. Both shoulders, knees, elbows, wrists, ankles, and a couple fingers ache all the time. If it was easy, everybody could do it. That is why I love my sport.

Oh yeah, I forgot some nice cauiflower ear too.

Damn, you must be one ugly looking dude. :lol:

I am going to be the starting shortstop for our softball team... :)

Well we know who paid the league fee this year. If you buy the uniforms you can bat lead off ;) Is that a 16" beer league?

On advice of my Doc, I'm sidelined this year.

ur lucky man...im stuck on freshman team, wish i was good enough for varsity.

How big of a school do you go to? Ours is a class 4A, which is the biggest for baseball in Indiana. Over the past 10 years, our program has the best winning percentage in the state. So a freshman on our Varsity is a rareity. Maybe one every three years. None this year, and our class went to state two years in a row in little league. Those are some reasons why I would like to go to a small school where I could maybe be on Varsity or at least JV.

How big of a school do you go to? Ours is a class 4A, which is the biggest for baseball in Indiana. Over the past 10 years, our program has the best winning percentage in the state. So a freshman on our Varsity is a rareity. Maybe one every three years. None this year, and our class went to state two years in a row in little league. Those are some reasons why I would like to go to a small school where I could maybe be on Varsity or at least JV.

my school isnt that big we only have like between 1400 and 1500 kids right now, and no freshman made our varsity baseball team. freshman making varsity is also pretty rare at my school.

my school isnt that big we only have like between 1400 and 1500 kids right now, and no freshman made our varsity baseball team. freshman making varsity is also pretty rare at my school.

Oh. You're lucky to only have that many kids. We have about 600 in each grade so about 2400 overall. It's the biggest in our area and everyone hates us because our sports are awesome. For example, boys bball is in the regional championship tonight, gymnastics won regionals last night, girls bball lost in semi-state, boys and girls soccer both made it to regionals, volleyball made it to regionals, and both boys and girls xc won state. (Our system goes sectionals, regionals, semi-state, state. I don't know how it is in Ill.) And I know swimming and diving did good and had some people go to state, but I'm not to sure how you judge swimming teams. Our worst Varsity sport this year was football (they lost in the sectional championship) but they have made at least semi-state the previous 3 years, and were state runner ups two years ago. So as you can see, our Varsity sports are very good and competitive. I hate it!

Oh. You're lucky to only have that many kids. We have about 600 in each grade so about 2400 overall. It's the biggest in our area and everyone hates us because our sports are awesome. For example, boys bball is in the regional championship tonight, gymnastics won regionals last night, girls bball lost in semi-state, boys and girls soccer both made it to regionals, volleyball made it to regionals, and both boys and girls xc won state. (Our system goes sectionals, regionals, semi-state, state. I don't know how it is in Ill.) And I know swimming and diving did good and had some people go to state, but I'm not to sure how you judge swimming teams. Our worst Varsity sport this year was football (they lost in the sectional championship) but they have made at least semi-state the previous 3 years, and were state runner ups two years ago. So as you can see, our Varsity sports are very good and competitive. I hate it!

thats how it was with my school back in the 90's with football. we kicked major ass when beutjer and sweigart were here. (i goto Wheaton Warrenville South) and its like that with track we've won our conference for 9 years straight and we are working on our 10th right now.

thats how it was with my school back in the 90's with football.  we kicked major ass when beutjer and sweigart were here. (i goto Wheaton Warrenville South) and its like that with track we've won our conference for 9 years straight and we are working on our 10th right now.

Yeah, we had two guys go to ND last year. They were freshman this year, Jeff Smarjdzia and a kicker whose name I have forgotten, something Goia. Also, the RB for Yale went to our school, Matt Handlon. No major leaguers went to our school, but there was one guy who was a prospect in the Yankees farm system who went to my school, Valparaiso High School, and was killed in a car accident. The "experts" had him making it to the big leagues.

Yeah, we had two guys go to ND last year. They were freshman this year, Jeff Smarjdzia and a kicker whose name I have forgotten, something Goia. Also, the RB for Yale went to our school, Matt Handlon. No major leaguers went to our school, but there was one guy who was a prospect in the Yankees farm system who went to my school, Valparaiso High School, and was killed in a car accident. The "experts" had him making it to the big leagues.

Sorry dude to correct you, but it was in the Mets system. It was a drunk driver at the wheel. Tim Bishop was the kids name. He was the first athlete in IN HS history to be invited to the top 40 all star work out in football, basketball, and baseball. He was on the 1995 team with Bryce Drew that lost to South Bend Clay in the basketball state finals.

Sorry dude to correct you, but it was in the Mets system.  It was a drunk driver at the wheel.  Tim Bishop was the kids name.  He was the first athlete in IN HS history to be invited to the top 40 all star work out in football, basketball, and baseball.  He was on the 1995 team with Bryce Drew that lost to South Bend Clay in the basketball state finals.

cough ahem cough stalker cough cough

cough ahem cough stalker cough cough

Broadcasting the IN HS basketball state finals in 1995 was one of the most memorable moments of my life. It was my own personal "Hoosiers". I'll never forget the moment I heard about Bishops tragic end. It was such a waste of a life, so young, and so much energy.