Touchy Subject

YASNY

I think if we dont make the playoffs this year, we should look into acquiring Matt Morris/J.D. Drew for Mark Buehrle. Because........ he's leaving A.S.A.P. I dont think that you make a comment like that unless you have some meaning behind it.

I think that we all love Mark........ I know I do. But I just think he is really sick of this organization, and is gonna go back home.

larussa should be baseball's next commishoner

When Fay Vincent was fired, one person lobbied very hard to get that job of commissioner, that person really wanted the job, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't deeply regret that this person didnt get the job and was still holding that job.

Damn, one reason to really hate Bud Selig is that he decided to out-manuever the person who wanted the job, and keep himself in it permanently.

But for that asshole Bud Selig, G W Bush would have been baseball commissioner.

Not only would be have a better president today (I say, ducking your punch :) ) but not ever G W Bush could have f***ed up baseball as much as Selig has. There would have been no All Star game ties under G W Bush. That was so much the right job for him...

Bud Selig, :fyou

I think if we dont make the playoffs this year, we should look into acquiring Matt Morris/J.D. Drew for Mark Buehrle. Because........ he's leaving A.S.A.P. I dont think that you make  a comment like that unless you have some meaning behind it.

I think that we all love Mark........ I know I do. But I just think he is really sick of this organization, and is gonna go back home.

i been waiting for someone to post something like this. i totally agree with you. no matter what amount of money you throw in a fair market, he is going to leave for stl. plain and simple.

keep him trade him in another 1-2 yrs. do not go back to the table and let him take you to arbritation.

I'm not mad at Mark B at all for those comments.

I blame the White Sox management. Mark B would not want to leave if we were a great organization.

We are a piss poor organization.

We have made no real attempt to make him feel special and he is special.

Where would you rather play?? St. Looie or for the Sox?

I mean I would choose the Sox cause I'm from Chicago and love them. But with Sox management

and KW, et. all, of course you'd pick the Cardinals.

It ain't Mark B's fault.

He's gone as soon as he can get out of here. Unless of course he hurts his arm (knock on wood, I don't want that)

then St. Looie won't want him. Greed in baseball goes both ways.

They love him now but if he hurts his arm, St. Looie will want nothing to do with him.

comments?

I'm not mad at Mark B at all for those comments.

I blame the White Sox management. Mark B would not want to leave if we were a great organization.

We are a piss poor organization.

We have made no real attempt to make him feel special and he is special.

Where would you rather play?? St. Looie or for the Sox?

I mean I would choose the Sox cause I'm from Chicago and love them. But with Sox management

and KW, et. all, of course you'd pick the Cardinals.

It ain't Mark B's fault.

He's gone as soon as he can get out of here. Unless of course he hurts his arm (knock on wood, I don't want that)

then St. Looie won't want him. Greed in baseball goes both ways.

They love him now but if he hurts his arm, St. Looie will want nothing to do with him.

comments?

i remember reading a story on a player who came into the yanks clubhouse wearing his favorite home team baseball cap, the players were offended. you don't do that, when you are with a team you cheer, talk them up and support them. you don't go and say that you want to play elsewhere. last yr he said the same thing even before the money became an issue. mark b is wrong on this and most of you do not want to see it. its either b/c of the handling of kw, the rep of jr or whatever. he is wrong for saying this.

You CANNOT blame Mark Buerhle for this! He has been totally disrespected (just like every other decent pitcher we've had for the past 20 years) by the organization. Now people, just take a look at the Cardinals organization. First and foremost, they have a GREAT fan base, loyal almost to a fault. They are historically the winningest franchise in the National League and are never out of contention for extended periods of time. There is an awesome atmosphere at Busch, and I wish we could develope that at Comiskey. Finally, and this is important .... Players WANT to play there... examples: Big Mac and Scott Rolen. They both got traded to St. Lou during their free agent year, experienced what it was like to be a St. Louis Cardinal and both signed without ever "testing the free agent market". Now, taking into consideration that Mark grew up as a Cardinal fan, do you think he is not aware of all this? Here, KW and JR treat him like an indentured servant, and in St. Louis they'd treat him like a king. King or indentured servant... What would YOU choose? Loyalty? .... Screw that... let the Sox organization show some loyalty for a change. And this all goes right to that jerk Reinsdorf. He has been this way since day one.

You CANNOT blame Mark Buerhle for this!  He has been totally disrespected (just like every other decent pitcher we've had for the past 20 years) by the organization.  Now people, just take a look at the Cardinals organization.  First and foremost, they have a GREAT fan base, loyal almost to a fault.  They are historically the winningest franchise in the National League and are never out of contention for extended periods of time.  There is an awesome atmosphere at Busch, and I wish we could develope that at Comiskey.  Finally, and this is important .... Players WANT to play there... examples: Big Mac and Scott Rolen. They both got traded to St. Lou during their free agent year, experienced what it was like to be a St. Louis Cardinal and both signed without ever "testing the free agent market". Now, taking into consideration that Mark grew up as a Cardinal fan, do you think he is not aware of all this?  Here, KW and JR treat him like an indentured servant, and in St. Louis they'd treat him like a king. King or indentured servant... What would YOU choose?  Loyalty? .... Screw that... let the Sox organization show some loyalty for a change.  And this all goes right to that jerk Reinsdorf. He has been this way since day one.

Great Post on the whole issue of respect and how its led to the Cardinals players wanting to stay there.

Hopefully the Sox can build something like the Cards have, but they can't do it unless they try and spend money every year. I'm not saying 80 million or anything like that, but every offseason JR has to run things more like he's doing it this year, doing all he can to improve the team. Now I understand if eventually the team needs a couple years rebuilding, but when the team is ready to compete, like this one is, you got to continually put forth your best possible effort so you can win it all.

You CANNOT blame Mark Buerhle for this!  He has been totally disrespected (just like every other decent pitcher we've had for the past 20 years) by the organization.  Now people, just take a look at the Cardinals organization.  First and foremost, they have a GREAT fan base, loyal almost to a fault.  They are historically the winningest franchise in the National League and are never out of contention for extended periods of time.  There is an awesome atmosphere at Busch, and I wish we could develope that at Comiskey.  Finally, and this is important .... Players WANT to play there... examples: Big Mac and Scott Rolen.   They both got traded to St. Lou during their free agent year, experienced what it was like to be a St. Louis Cardinal and both signed without ever "testing the free agent market".   Now, taking into consideration that Mark grew up as a Cardinal fan, do you think he is not aware of all this?  Here, KW and JR treat him like an indentured servant, and in St. Louis they'd treat him like a king.   King or indentured servant... What would YOU choose?  Loyalty? .... Screw that... let the Sox organization show some loyalty for a change.  And this all goes right to that jerk Reinsdorf.   He has been this way since day one.

Great Post on the whole issue of respect and how its led to the Cardinals players wanting to stay there.

Hopefully the Sox can build something like the Cards have, but they can't do it unless they try and spend money every year. I'm not saying 80 million or anything like that, but every offseason JR has to run things more like he's doing it this year, doing all he can to improve the team. Now I understand if eventually the team needs a couple years rebuilding, but when the team is ready to compete, like this one is, you got to continually put forth your best possible effort so you can win it all.

Jason, back when Bill Veeck put the club up for sale, when Reinsdorf and Einhorn eventually bought it, the DeBartolo family attempted to buy the team. The DeBartolos owned the SF 49'er's at the time. This was back in the days of Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, etc. The 49'er's were THE class organization of the NFL. Several star players took less money to play for the Niner's because the were committed to winning.. not being competitive, but winning, and the treated their players with dignity and respect. There was also a very well known, but unspoken understanding between the team and the players.... if you can't cut it, you will be gone. But, the Niners did it quietly, with grace, so the players who were "replaced" did not have to forsake their diginity. That is the type of owner we could, should have had for the Sox. However, MLB decided that it was a conflict of interest, or had some stupid ass rule against someone who owned a franchise in another sport from owning a MLB team. At least, that was what was reported at the time. Also, at that time, Danny Kaye, the actor, wanted to buy the team and move it to Seattle. He was working in conjunction with the Gene Autry, the Angels owner. While all this was going on, the city of Seattle was suing MLB for moving the Seattle Pilots to Milwaukee to become the Brewers.. and yes, it was Bud Selig that bought them when that move occured. Kaye and Autry thought they had a deal at point. They even walked out of an owners meeting, singing "We're Back in Seattle Again" ... to the tune of Autry's signature song, "We're Back in the Saddle Again". I've have always hated Kaye and Autry since that happened. But, the point is, that if Selig hadn't have moved the Pilots to Milwaukee to become the Brewers, and MLB wasn't being sued for abandoning Seattle after one season, then the Sox might have been bought by the DeBartolo's and the class organization in the American League could, would , should have been the Chicago White Sox.

Is Eddie DeBartolo still allowed to own an NFL team? I guess the answer is no and the reasons why that is a no make me very glad that he didn't buy the team.

Under JR we have had four division championships (counting 1994) so it hasn't been that bad for us. Not as good as we would have liked, but not as bad as we complain about.

Is Eddie DeBartolo still allowed to own an NFL team? I guess the answer is no and the reasons why that is a no make me very glad that he didn't buy the team.

Under JR we have had four division championships (counting 1994) so it hasn't been that bad for us.  Not as good as we would have liked, but not as bad as we complain about.

You know, I honestly forgot about all that. In fact, though I remember there was some scandal, I forget what it was all about. I'm going to have to defer to you on that one. Perhaps, it is best that Eddie DeBartolo did not get the club. And let me add one other point that rarely mentioned. If Reinsdorf would not have bought the team, they would be in Seattle or Florida right now. As much as we cuss him out, he did save the Sox for Chicago.

And let me add one other point that rarely mentioned.  If Reinsdorf would not have bought the team, they would be in Seattle or Florida right now.  As much as we cuss him out, he did save the Sox for Chicago.

And that is why, no matter how angry I get at JR, when I actually met him last May, in a situation where we had all the time in the world to chat, all I could do was to thank him for keeping the Sox in Chicago. At heart, bottom line, is he kept my Sox in Chicago when we easily could have lost them.

YASNY - someone is going to post that the AL would never have allowed the Sox to move because they would want to keep a franchise here in the 3rd largest media market. And all I can to say to that is, yeah sure, just like the NFL would never allow the 2nd largest media market, LA, to be without an NFL team.

And let me add one other point that rarely mentioned.  If Reinsdorf would not have bought the team, they would be in Seattle or Florida right now.  As much as we cuss him out, he did save the Sox for Chicago.

And that is why, no matter how angry I get at JR, when I actually met him last May, in a situation where we had all the time in the world to chat, all I could do was to thank him for keeping the Sox in Chicago. At heart, bottom line, is he kept my Sox in Chicago when we easily could have lost them.

YASNY - someone is going to post that the AL would never have allowed the Sox to move because they would want to keep a franchise here in the 3rd largest media market. And all I can to say to that is, yeah sure, just like the NFL would never allow the 2nd largest media market, LA, to be without an NFL team.

You can bet your ass they would have let them move. I have no doubts about that.

Jerry the SAINT . please the TAXPAYER built him a stadium that is ALREADY a WHITE ELAPHANT with attendance down he pays NO RENT keeps all the money for Stadium, concessions, parking. Jerry I pray sells soon very soon. :nono

No one said he was a saint. I love how people respond to things that were never said.

The Illinois Sports Authority situation more than pays for itself in terms of monies brought into the city. That is I believe the same motivation for the public funding for the remodeling of Soldier Field which is on the surface spending hundreds of millions as a place for the Bears to pay, thus benefiting the Bears ownership.

I for one do not hope that JR sells soon or at all because of one very important caveat: to whom? To someone who wants to move the franchise or someone who would keep rhe Sox here? If you get your wish and JR sells the team soon to someone who re-locates the Sox, will that make you happy?

If JR comes up with a buyer who is well funded and keeps the team in Chicago, then I would have a different opinion of whether JR should sell.