A-Rod Deal: Reaches Commisioners Office

Flash Tizzle

In the three hours this forum has been inactive, Rotoworld has posted a update on the A-Rod for Soriano deal. Seems as if this deal could be announced as soon as tomorrow. :o

Rotoworld

Sandy Alderson, MLB's executive vice president, said the paperwork for the A-Rod deal "has reached the commissioner's office."

That would indicate that the deal is done . Bud Selig and the MLBPA still have to approve the transaction, but that probably won't be a problem. The Rangers are expected to get a second player in addition to Alfonso Soriano, but that player probably won't be announced right away. They'll get a list of five minor leaguers to choose from.

Wow, WOW, WOWZERS...thats all I can say.

It just comes to show that as a whole, rumors that get a ton of press, to me are less likely to happen. I think most deals go down within a few day span, when your hearing about them for week after week, it just means it ain't going to happen. Sometimes it will, but if the two sides were so close, it would of been done a long time before.

While I do believe that Evil King George wants to win badly, I think this deal has at least as much ( if not more ) to do with sticking it to the Red Sox.

I think that as soon as the ARod for Manny deal fell through and the need for a 3B arose, George told his people to see if ARod would mind playing 3B.

The Evil Empire Strikes Back....Again...

How do you think the martyrs in Boston are taking THIS development???

I can't stand this bulls***....

I know people can cry about the Marlins, Angels, and DBacks winning the World Series the past 3 years w/ sufficiently lower payrolls. However, here in the Midwest the whole AL central's payroll combined just barely surpasses the Yankees. Our entire payroll is probably less than what the Yankees are paying for their whole infeild. I know they're not breaking any rules, but how can anyone justify this being fair? They need to do something about this though. I know they have the luxury tax, but people like Steinbrenner have the money to get around that. There's no way you can say this is good for the game of baseball.

I can't stand this bulls***....

I know people can cry about the Marlins, Angels, and DBacks winning the World Series the past 3 years w/ sufficiently lower payrolls.  However, here in the Midwest the whole AL central's payroll combined just barely surpasses the Yankees.  Our entire payroll is probably less than what the Yankees are paying for their whole infeild.  I know they're not breaking any rules, but how can anyone justify this being fair?  They need to do something about this though.  I know they have the luxury tax, but people like Steinbrenner have the money to get around that.  There's no way you can say this is good for the game of baseball.

There's a statistical fallacy in people's pointing to the Marlins, Angels, etc. winning it all and saying that it shows huge payrolls don't matter. The chances of any one specific low payroll team winning it all is much less than the chances of a big payroll Yankees or Red Sox team winning it all. The fact that you have maybe 25 teams in that small payroll category and only a handful in the other means that the chances that one of the many small payroll teams catches lightning in a bottle are higher, but the the chances of it being any one specific team that does it remain very low.

A $180 million payroll is insanity. Jeter and A-Rod making up the left side of the infield is obscene.

There's a statistical fallacy in people's pointing to the Marlins, Angels, etc. winning it all and saying that it shows huge payrolls don't matter.  The chances of any one specific low payroll team winning it all is much less than the chances of a big payroll Yankees or Red Sox team winning it all.  The fact that you have maybe 25 teams in that small payroll category and only a handful in the other means that the chances that one of the many small payroll teams catches lightning in a bottle are higher, but the the chances of it being any one specific team that does it remain very low.

A $180 million payroll is insanity.  Jeter and A-Rod making up the left side of the infield is obscene.

Agreed. I just pointed that out there, because I don't know why, but on occasion I'll go in this baseball chatroom where many are Bankee fans. They always seem to cry foul that everyone thought the A-Rod to Boston would have been great and A-Rod to NY is the worst thing that can happen. They always say that people never seem to cry about the money when they're not winning the WS, and that since the Marlins won it, it proves money doesn't mean anything, blah blah blah.....I just don't see anyway, that anyone can justify that this deal is good for baseball, even the sane Yankee fans in there (if there is such a thing) think that Steinbrenner has gone too far with this one.

While I cant stand Good ol' George, I would hate to see a Salery Cap on baseball. It creates way to much paritoy in sports, and I dont think its good for the game. Plus, offseason's suck, and there is nothing that goes on at the trading deadline.

The NBA has a pretty active market, and they have a cap......

According to ESPN the Yankees are only going to pay about $16 mil a year to A-Rod with the rest the Rangers paying.

With Maggs thinking hes worth $14mil per year, A-Rod at $16 is not even really over paid.

Nomar might get more money than the Yankees are paying A-Rod, how sad will that be.

SB