Sox 5th Starter

Soxfest

Sox 5th Starter Rauch or someone like Honel or Loaiza. :huh:

Honel will not be ready to pitch at this level. I think Rauch will end up earning the spot coming out of spring training. Estaban Loaiza, I think, will end up being our long reliever out of the bullpen.

What still has me puzzled is the signing of Daubach. I believe he will provide some much needed pop of the bench but I don't see him getting much, if any, playing time in the leftfield or first base. Come on, who caries three first basemen? This leads me to believe that KW may not yet be done moving or signing some more players.

I think Rauch is gonna be our 5th starter. He was good late last season and I am hoping that is a preview of what he could become. I hope he is back to his old self now bcoz he will be a very pleasant surprise and besides, he is still a highly touted pitching prospect so we should expect him to be ready and contribute.

Loiaza has not been an effective pitcher for quite a while. I have no idea why we signed him. I hardly think that he is putting any fear into the hearts of the Twinkies. I don't think he could even make our AAA team, with all the good young pitchers we have in the minors. Makes no sense. Maybe he is trade bait to the Brewers or the Royals.

Loaiza throws about 95 if I recall, he was the quazi-ace for a pitching depleated team, I would liken him to a Jim Parque(yikes)in terms of attitude. He was in the Jays dog house after comming off his injury he b****ed a lot about how they has disregarded him(perhaps for good reason) but on the bright side he was primarrily pissed of that Toronto sucked and he wanted to win. Either way I don't see a downside to the signing but to expect anything more than a .500 pitcher with a era around 5 as a starter is curious. He may fit into a relief roll better though who knows, 95 is some heat.

I think it will surely be Rauch. Hes young, a top prospect and hes waited long enough already. He seemed dominant towards the end of last year and theres no way an old fart like Loaiza should beat him out for the fifth spot. Loaiza can be our long reliever but he aint gonna be the number five. Also, like has been said, Honels still a ways away...

Honel may be able to make it next year, but thats at the earliest. This year there is no doubt in my mind that we go with Rauch unless we sign another pitcher. I don't think Loiza is going to beat him out, nor will Heredia. If the Sox decide Rauch isn't yet 100%, then and only then will Loazia beat him out. I think that if LDF's scenario is right, I think they'd rather carry Rauch, giving him some experience in the bullpen, and then bring him into the rotation later in the month.

• 7 months later...
Loiaza has not been an effective pitcher for quite a while.  I have no idea why we signed him.  I hardly think that he is putting any fear into the hearts of the Twinkies.  I don't think he could even make our AAA team, with all the good young pitchers we have in the minors.  Makes no sense.  Maybe he is trade bait to the Brewers or the Royals.

What a long way we have come.

He DOES strike fear in the heart of the TWINKIES.

I was excited about getting him, though i thought he would get about 12 wins in the 5 spot . Theank god for CY LOIZA

Loiaza has not been an effective pitcher for quite a while.  I have no idea why we signed him.  I hardly think that he is putting any fear into the hearts of the Twinkies.  I don't think he could even make our AAA team, with all the good young pitchers we have in the minors.  Makes no sense.  Maybe he is trade bait to the Brewers or the Royals.

Laughing my fat ass off! :lol: