I would be outraged if it was a Dem

Texsox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaos.. they were all over the news at the time, on the front page of the newspapers and on the cover of Time magazine... :unsure:

With all due respect Steff, I'm afraid this seems a bit more comedic than the actual news organizations reporting the tragedy....Three people falling to their death spewing anti-bush opinions isn't appropriate.

God Bless Them.

With all due respect Steff, I'm afraid this seems a bit more comedic than the actual news organizations reporting the tragedy....Three people falling to their death spewing anti-bush opinions isn't appropriate.

God Bless Them.

OK.. I see where your beef is now.

Chaos,

it is pure canard to say that I in any shape or form "blame[d] Americans" and I want you to know up front that I incredibly resent that. If you are going to make stuff up to attack people for, I am not the one who wull take that s***. Criticise what I say all you want, it is a cottage industry for some and soxtalk thrives on dialogue, but stop making s*** up.

I stand by what I said about the republicans in congress who diverted attention away from America's needs for the sake of their witch hunt, which was such a crock that they could not get a majority vote in a Republican Senate.

As for lying - you who put words in my mouth that I never said - anyone who supports Bush and his lies on the fake nuclear threat of Iraq which he knew was a lie when he said it and the fake WOMD that he used as a justification for war, for 500 Americans and 10,000 Iraqis to die - those are the lies that one should remember befoire one tosses that word around about anyone else.

And of course no response to the disdain that the Bush adminsitration and Bush himself had to terror briefings and terror warnings because they had other agendas...

And good old Mr AWOL had to be stopped these last months from cutting pay to our troops in Iraq and increasing their out of pocket medical costs. Some fine leader you got there. As the father of an active duty Marine, that is one furtther reason that I want this disgrace as president out of the white house, staging photo ops with Misioin Accomplished while trying to reduce their pay and meidcal benefits. Bush is obscene and immoral. The Republicans missed the boat big time in not nominating McCain in 2000, a man who would be worth respecting and has honor and decency. Fortunately, the Democrats are nominating McCain's good, close frioend John Kerry, war hero, to restiore a sense of decency, honor, and integrity to the White House.

I am an Ameican. I am a republican. You're text :

Every republican who obsessed on Monica rather than issues of real importance to America should be convicted for violating their constitutional oaths to serve and protect the consisutiton and this country.
" You did not say every republican in congress. You maed a remark about congress and then made a remark about EVERY REPUBLICAN

I didn't put words in your mouth. I may be of a differnt party preference than you, but I am still an American. So when you blame EVERY REPUBLICAN you are in turn blaming Americans..whether your warped mind wants to believe that or not. So I know you wanted to get all bad and bold tellin me not to make s*** up and that you won't stand for that s***, but I simply remarked on YOUR comment.

As for the rest of your comments....they are just opinions Not one is fact. You don't know what Bush thought or what he knew. We can go back and forth forever on opinions...so I'll let them go. Good Luck with Kerry. I'll vote for Bush!

Go SOX!

you are in turn blaming Americans..

not so, Mr CC, not so at all.

howver, since you wish to be wrong, as at Burger King, have it your way...

;)

and indeed,

Go Sox!

I enjoyed your comments in another thread on 2003 opening day - I sure as hell waited it out -

I have never been rained out yet

i was disgusted when i saw this, but not at all surprised.  bush has been using 9.11 since 9.12 for his own gain and agenda.  he took advantage of us while we were still in shock from everything.

shock and Awe. We were in Shock and Awe....

:fyou Shock and Awe. Pre-empting my NCAA tourney watching binge.

Lobbing a few cruise missles isn't getting the job done...yeah we caught the actual guys that did the bombing...but we didn't disrupt anything.  That is like arresting a bookie and claiming you took down the mob's operation. 

Nice of you to blame Americans and Congress for Clintons failures.  Clinton lied under oath and it is Congress' and American's fault he didn't try to go after the top terrosits.  You want a badge for Clinton because the morons that tried to blow up a building were caught???  We need someone that is willing to go to the root of the problem. 

Stop grasping at straws..I live in reality....we were bombed...TWICE.  On prez followed through..the other showed us some fluff.

The fact that you agree with Abu, that it is appropriate to show those people diving off the buildings should really enlighten some people on this site.

CC, try checking out the executive order that Bush signed threatening imprisonment to FBI agents that tried to go after Al Qaeda in the months before 9/11. I believe it's W-1IY9 (it's something along those lines letter wise...it's a public record document)

Or even better yet, read http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601 tough on terror Bush, huh :rolleyes:

You should really read the news from 1993...the FBI was actually implicated in helping to cook the bomb that was used at the WTC in 1993. They were caught doing on videotape admitting it. Dec. 13, 1993 Chicago Trib is one of the sources.

Bush doesn't even stand up for Republican values. 45% growth in government in 3 years? Deficit spending up the ass instead of fiscal responsibility? Abusing the nation's military to the point where they are going to run out of money after October (yeah, Bush and Co won't ask for more money until after the election so the US Army will be bankrupt from October until December/January when they ask for more money. Or cutting veterans benefits and making it a longer time before they can get their first VA appointment when it's already a 6 month wait? Or even better yet...denying full health coverage to reservist and National Guardsmen yet still sending them off to die and get wounded in Iraq! Or the PATRIOT Act (searches without warrants etc.) -- I always thought Republicans were for less government in peoples' lives and a gay marriage AMENDMENT? Since when did Republicans think it was the government's place to dictate what people did as long as it didn't harm other human beings? That's what I used to think the Republicans stood for.

Don't get me wrong, Clinton's a douche as well. I'm not an apologist for Clinton...just don't attribute things to him that are Republican spun lies. In my eyes, if all these past Presidencies and their administrations had any SHRED of honor they'd all commit hari kari right now since they're all a bunch of liars, thieves and murderers. For anybody to be an apologist for ANY of these assholes is beyond my comprehension. That's both Democrat and Republican.

And as for the 9/11 photo I posted...they're real people jumping out of the WTC. It's making the point that 9/11 is a horrific event and should not be used in politics, especially when the FAMILIES who lost loved ones are asking for the images of 9/11 not to be used. And since we got a self proclaimed "war president" then why shouldn't we see the stark images of war? If they're down with images of 9/11 being used then why not push the envelope? Maybe now you see the sickness that is inherent in using 9/11 images for political gain.

People blame Clinton for not responsing differently. They forget the tail wagging the dog criticism from Republicans. But I have a bigger beef. If it was so obvious, why wasn't all Americans waving flags and singing God Bless America after the first attack?

Bush could have run ads showing him responding to the terror attack. Instead he showed footage of the tower. It wasn't an accident those images were shown. He had months and months to plan this strategy. Remember, this is for his personal gain. This wasn't a public service announcement. He is selling a product called President Bush. To use this to sell a product is wrong. And I would be saying the same thing if Kerry used the footage in his ads.

Two weeks ago I was on the fence between Kerry and Bush. I was hoping W would dump Chaney. So far he is moving himself further and further to the conservative end of the spectrum. IMHO he should be moving closer to the moderate and picking up moderate Dems who believe Kerry may be too liberal for their taste.

ChiSox, it's not the Dems that are the ones dissing Bush on this.  A lot of the flak is coming from families who lost people on 9/11 and survivors of the attack.

ok well either way, i still dont see the problem. If it was Kerry who was the incumbant and he was doing so i'd still have no problem with it.

Lobbing a few cruise missles isn't getting the job done...yeah we caught the actual guys that did the bombing...but we didn't disrupt anything.  That is like arresting a bookie and claiming you took down the mob's operation. 

Nice of you to blame Americans and Congress for Clintons failures.  Clinton lied under oath and it is Congress' and American's fault he didn't try to go after the top terrosits.  You want a badge for Clinton because the morons that tried to blow up a building were caught???  We need someone that is willing to go to the root of the problem. 

Stop grasping at straws..I live in reality....we were bombed...TWICE.  On prez followed through..the other showed us some fluff.

The fact that you agree with Abu, that it is appropriate to show those people diving off the buildings should really enlighten some people on this site.

Here's a little reality for your argument dude. After the first WTC bombing there were 0 cruise missiles fired. In fact, at the time, the CIA thought they had captured the mastermind for the attacks in NJ. There were investigations and they thought they had rooted out the cell. As to whether or not Clinton fought against Al-Qaida organization after 1998, isn't something we will ever have a clear answer on. Clinton said yes, Bush admin said no. But the Bush administration has admitted that there was an inherited plan from the Clinton administration to fight Bin Laden's organization that sat on his shelf until September 2001. Whether it was 9/10 as they claim, or 9/12, it doesn't make a difference. It was there and they chose to ignore it.

On September 10th, the Bush administration threatened a veto on a defense spending bill that would reroute a small percentage of funds devoted to a controversial missile shield program to programs geared to fight the threat of trans-global terrorism.

Until September 11th, the biggest act of terror that happened on our soil was committed by Americans. One of whom is from Michigan.

ok well either way, i still dont see the problem. If it was Kerry who was the incumbant and he was doing so i'd still have no problem with it.

Kerry doesn't have to be the incumbant to use it. Bush was the president when it happened.

I would be seriously outraged if he used it. Actually I would be even more outraged if he used it.

I am an Ameican.  I am a republican.  You're text :"  You did not say every republican in congress.  You maed a remark about congress and then made a remark about EVERY REPUBLICAN

I didn't put words in your mouth.  I may be of a differnt party preference than you, but I am still an American.  So when you blame EVERY REPUBLICAN you are in turn blaming Americans..whether your warped mind wants to believe that or not.  So I know you wanted to get all bad and bold tellin me not to make s*** up and that you won't stand for that s***, but I simply remarked on YOUR comment. 

As for the rest of your comments....they are just opinions Not one is fact.  You don't know what Bush thought or what he knew.  We can go back and forth forever on opinions...so I'll let them go.  Good Luck with Kerry.  I'll vote for Bush!

Go SOX!

He said "Every republican who" the word who would be a qualifier in this case.

In this case, Republicans who didn't care about Monica would not be included. Unfortunately, most of the elected ones did.

I am an Ameican.  I am a republican.  You're text :"  You did not say every republican in congress.  You maed a remark about congress and then made a remark about EVERY REPUBLICAN

I didn't put words in your mouth.  I may be of a differnt party preference than you, but I am still an American.  So when you blame EVERY REPUBLICAN you are in turn blaming Americans..whether your warped mind wants to believe that or not.  So I know you wanted to get all bad and bold tellin me not to make s*** up and that you won't stand for that s***, but I simply remarked on YOUR comment. 

As for the rest of your comments....they are just opinions Not one is fact.  You don't know what Bush thought or what he knew.  We can go back and forth forever on opinions...so I'll let them go.  Good Luck with Kerry.  I'll vote for Bush!

Go SOX!

Plus, couldn't you bring up the fact that our military intelligene got so bad under the Clinton years and now under the Bush regime we've basically had to completely rebuild it.

And Clinton lobbing a few missiles in the midst of his trial to draw the attention away from himself, wasn't the way to handle the situation.

If Bill went out and said hey, these bastards went after our country and were going to get after them and destory this problem, then I would of supported it.

I'd of supported going to Iraq no matter who was president. To me it was about getting a dictator out of their.

He said "Every republican who" the word who would be a qualifier in this case.

In this case, Republicans who didn't care about Monica would not be included. Unfortunately, most of the elected ones did.

Well I care about lying under oath. The act itself, may not of been huge (Thats up to people's personal judgement) but lying under oath shouldn't be tolerated.

Whether your some crack dealer or the president of the United States.

Well I care about lying under oath.  The act itself, may not of been huge (Thats up to people's personal judgement) but lying under oath shouldn't be tolerated.

Whether your some crack dealer or the president of the United States.

of course lying in the State of Union address and in speech after speech and presidential address after address is ok

Sorry CW, I put Clinton's lies at the top of the pile of political lies. The moment he looked into the camera and said he did not have sex with that women, then started challenging what sex "is", he fell far in my eyes. And I voted for him twice.

To paraphrase a Christmas Story "this was the mother of all lies"

Sorry CW, I put Clinton's lies at the top of the pile of political lies. The moment he looked into the camera and said he did not have sex with that women, then started challenging what sex "is", he fell far in my eyes. And I voted for him twice.

To paraphrase a Christmas Story "this was the mother of all lies"

But Tex, did Clinton's lie kill 550+ Americans and 10,000 Iraqi civilians? That's why I think Bush's lies and omissions are much worse.

because Bush and only Bush is to blame for everything too...

I'm just saying the FACT that Clinton's lie about a BJ didn't kill anyone.

Quit asserting the false premise that I am a Democrat, it's incredibly annoying to have to set you straight. Clinton, Reno, ATF, FBI...all liars and murderers. FBI caught on video cooking the bomb for the 1993 WTC bombing.

As for Waco, excuse me when I get off the party line but the ATF/FBI shot fire into the compound and started the fire before the Davidians fired a single shot.

wacofire.jpg

According to all survivors, women and children, they tried to leave unarmed and the ATF/FBI kept them inside by shooting at them and hurling flashbangs at them. So essentially we have the ATF/FBI up to Reno and including Clinton that are liars and murderers. If they had a shred of decency, they'd commit hari kari.