Bears FA thread

Mitchell seemed very solid in the 2 games he played. I know the Bears have said they believe he can be something special but it never hurts to have others who can play LT...esp since we have seen how injuries can really rock teams.

You are right, but would you necessarily spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a guy to be on your roster for the bench? I think yuo usually want to get the highest impact player you can with those picks. Especially the 1st rounder. Lets hope that is what the Bears will do.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Tait, and maybe Salaam we'll be more than fine on the OL. John Mullin pointed out this morning on the SCORE (no Murph, hallelujah!!!) that New England's OL was "below average" last year and they were "pretty successful"!

Anyone read the rumor on PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM that the Bears are talking to Warren Sapp's agent???

If we sign Tait, and maybe Salaam we'll be more than fine on the OL. John Mullin pointed out this morning on the SCORE (no Murph, hallelujah!!!) that New England's OL was "below average" last year and they were "pretty successful"!

Anyone read the rumor on PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM that the Bears are talking to Warren Sapp's agent???

That fit their scheme though Israel. For the Bears scheme to work they must have dominating tackles.

I don't want Sapp, I think his time has come and gone.

At first I liked getting Tait and the signing Salaam. I still love the signing of Tait, but after reading a lot of what scout have to say about him I am not too thrilled about that.

Here is what one scout said last year:

Left offensive tackle: Ephraim Salaam was named the starter at the end of camp, but he must play better than he did last season to keep his job. Blake Brockermeyer pushed Salaam during camp, but he has had problems with his shoulder and with both Salaam and Brockermeyer grading out equally, the Broncos feel better about Salaam's durability.

Salaam and Brockermeyer grading equal last year? :puke I would rather see Mitchell at LT if that is the case. Give that guy a chance, supposedly a lot of people like him.

Is Tait officially a Bear yet? It's 7:09 Chicago time right now....

OK, It's official, I think I'm on the Bears Drafting Mike Williams bandwagon. I think this kid can be an elite wide receiver in a few years, and him and Grossman would just terrorize defenses. Now, I'm not normally for drafting at a position in which you have a lot of strength or depth (Yes, I think Terrell/Booker/Gage/Wade is a position of strength), but this kid is just going to be outstanding. Fitzgerald won't fall to us, but the of the three Williams', which one do you guys think will be the best? Roy, Reggie, or Mike?

I don't think Mike will be as good as them in the first year or two, but once he fully develops, he's gonna be a star...

OK, It's official, I think I'm on the Bears Drafting Mike Williams bandwagon.

There's no way that Mike Williams will be around when the Bears pick. Maybe either Roy or Reggie Williams will be around at 14, but definitely not Mike. Though if for some weird reason Mike fell (i.e. he runs a bad 40 time), that would be freakin awesome to have him on our team.

Also, I like the idea of signing Sapp as long as it's not for too much money. I wouldn't get into a bidding war for him. If somehow we got Sapp, I would draft Wilfork (if he's still there) and let him learn from Sapp. Supposedly Sapp and Wilfork have a good relationship and they're both from Miami, so Sapp might like having Wilfork to tutor.

I like the Tait signing even if he does play RT. Although RT may not have been a serious need, Tait is definitely an upgrade at that position. The right side of our line will be awesome with Kreutz, Tucker, and Tait.

Here's a Free-Agent update:

Tait has been officialy signed

The Bears will reportedly make an offer to Ephraim Salaam

They are expected to pursue Tony Brackens and Warren Sapp

They are mulling weather to draft Shawn Andrews or Vince Wilfork while Angelo is leaning towards Wilfork

Here's a Free-Agent update:

Tait has been officialy signed

The Bears will reportedly make an offer to Ephraim Salaam

They are expected to pursue Tony Brackens and Warren Sapp

They are mulling weather to draft Shawn Andrews or Vince Wilfork while Angelo is leaning towards Wilfork

i like the idea of signing Ephraim Salaam...i think if we improve most on the weakest part of our team last year then we will be solid this year. im also really happy with the sigining of tait. i think angelo is doing a nice job so far.

i like the idea of signing Ephraim Salaam...i think if we improve most on the weakest part of our team last year then we will be solid this year. im also really happy with the sigining of tait. i think angelo is doing a nice job so far.

I would puke if we signed Salaam. He is nothing better than Qasim Mitchell, so why pay him more to be on our team? Qasim Mitchell also has the potential to be very good. Play him.

Agreed, Tait is an awesome pick up.

Wilfork will be a stud!

I think that the Bears will only draft Andrews if they think he can play LT b/c I think that Tait is gonna stay at RT. I don't see us moving him to LT just to draft Andrews as a RT. Plus, Tait is better at RT. Now, if Andrews shows a lot of mobility and shows that he can play LT then I'd love to draft him, but I just don't see him being able to play LT. I've also read that Angelo thinks the only offensive lineman that will be able to come in right away in his first year and be good is Gallery, so if we do draft Andrews, I don't think he'd come in as our LT automatically. He'd have to earn it. Personally, if Andrews shows that he can't play LT or is gone when we're picking, I'd like to draft Wilfork or a WR like Roy or Reggie Williams.

I never even heard of Qasim Mitchell until last year and now everyone is gloifying him. Gove me 3 reasons why we should play hiom at LT onstead of sign Salaam.

ya i havent heard of him either, so it would be interesting to hear someone else take on why we shouldn't sign salaam and give this guy a chance