Isreal4ever This one's for you.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Hey, I resemble that remark!  :o  :lol:

OMG Fan... you mean you weren't deeply offended by his obvious attempt to prove some sort of point.....? :o

Almost afraid to make light of anything around here again these days.... :huh

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is silly. You cannot justify one action by another. The assassinations was wrong. To go back and say "well he pushed me first, no he did", has gotten both sides to this point.  Is it more important to be correct or to end the bloodshed?

Its you against the world. I will side with world opinion that assassinations are wrong.

The point is, Israel is held to a deiiferent standard than every other country.

Britain condemned Yassin's death, but the Brits assassinated Nazis after WWII, and more recently, targeted/assassinated IRA terrorist in Northern Ireland. (No condemnation)

The US has tried to assassinate BinLaden and Qadafi in past administrations as well. Where was the outcry?

OMG Fan... you mean you weren't deeply offended by his obvious attempt to prove some sort of point.....?  :o

Almost afraid to make light of anything around here again these days....  :huh

Do you EVER have an intelligent, cogent thought, or do you just sit there and try to criticize people?

I'm serious...get off my f***Ing back, already!

Do you EVER have an intelligent, cogent thought, or do you just sit there and try to criticize people?

I'm serious...get off my f***Ing back, already!

Do you EVER stop to think for ONE SECOND that YOUR OPINION is not the ONLY one in the world?

You don't like your RACISM being pointed out...? Then don't do it to others. :bang

Israel is looking to kill these terrorists before they kill other innocent Israelis or order them killed.

Yassin was responsible for 370 Israeli civilian deaths!

APU or I4E,

I assume that some of these terrorists are in Israel. Does Israel send missles into Tel Aviv and other cities to kill the terrorists? Or do they just send the missles into Palestinian neighborhoods?

The point is, Israel is held to a deiiferent standard than every other country.

Britain condemned Yassin's death, but the Brits assassinated Nazis after WWII, and more recently, targeted/assassinated IRA terrorist in Northern Ireland. (No condemnation)

The US has tried to assassinate BinLaden and Qadafi in past administrations as well. Where was the outcry?

Yes they are held to a different standard. That is the reason for all the US aid we send. We allow them to spy on us and then send them money.

Do you really think the world has treated Israel any worse than other countries have been treated? Why do I even ask. I'm certain you think Israel is the most mistreated country in the history of mankind. When actually if it wasn't for Britian and the US they would not exist. And you and APU would switch sides and argue the others point. Only it would be the Palestinians with the country and the land and the Jews fighting.

Because you are representing the Jewish point of view, I keep saying you Jews. Why should I attack you personally? Just because you stoop to that level, doesn't mean I should. I am known around the world as an American and wear it proudly. Unfortunately, some Americans give the rest of us a bad name. If you don't want to do that for Israel, then don't call yourself a Jew. But if you are going to stand up and cheer when a person gets assasinated, which is why this thread was started, then you have to listen to the people that are against assasinations and killing people. If you were a Palestinian, you would get the same thing from me for killing Jews. Both sides are wrong no matter how you want to justify it.

The IDF needs to just go ahead and waste Arafat now. I would think that they are plenty tired of his two-faced bulls*** by now. He parades in front of the TV saying he's all about a peaceful settlement to this mess and at the same time he's pulling the puppet strings of every radical and terrorist in the area. He has been begging for a bullet to the brain for the past 20 years.

The IDF needs to just go ahead and waste Arafat now.  I would think that they are plenty tired of his two-faced bulls*** by now.  He parades in front of the TV saying he's all about a peaceful settlement to this mess and at the same time he's pulling the puppet strings of every radical and terrorist in the area.  He has been begging for a bullet to the brain for the past 20 years.

Do you think that would end the terrorism? I am beginning to think he has no power with the younger terrorists or Hamas.

ya know...  shedding blood in response to shedding blood will never solve things... but sometimes you wonder if they even want to solve them

The Isrealies ( and just about every other major player in the world for that matter ) have been trying to resolve this problem peacefully for years and to no avail. The only thing these Palestinian people understand is violence so it seems to me that the way to beat them is to terrorize them more than they can terrorize Isreal.

That's why these helicopter attacks on top terrorist figures are so effective. Despite all their bluster they realize that they will be killed if they make too much trouble.

That's why these helicopter attacks on top terrorist figures are so effective.  Despite all their bluster they realize that they will be killed if they make too much trouble.

I am all for military action in retribution and as a deterent, but is your statement true? It doesn't seem like these rocket attacks have accomplished anything other than adding to the body count.

I fully support the U.S.'s actions in fighting terror, but if after killing terrorists for over 30 years as Israel has done (I'm dating from the 1972 Olympics. Maybe it's longer or shorter than that. Either way, it's been a long time), there are still terrorist attacks, I think I'd be calling for a change of plan. Not negotiation, by any means, but something else. Cut off their manpower supply by making their supporters lives worth something more than being a carrier of suicide bombs. Either go a route like that or go the opposite direction. Make the response so horrific and so overwhelming as to make the Palestinians a rumor. Of course, this will never happen in today's world, but that is what would have happened probably as recently as the 1800's. A solider of yours is shot from a house window...burn the town down. You find a soldier of yours hanging from a tree, you gather every farmer within 5 miles and hang them from trees. You pull a Tamerlane and build a pyramid of skulls. Go Vlad the Impaler and leave a forest of corpses on pikes for your enemy to see. Of course, those were less civilized times, but in the scheme of world history, not so long ago.

Bottom line though...the current course of action is not working.

The IDF needs to just go ahead and waste Arafat now.

That idea might not be very far fetched. Introduction to an AP article posted on America Online:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (March 23) - Israel threatened to kill the entire leadership of the Islamic militant group Hamas after assassinating its founder and hinted Tuesday that Yasser Arafat could wind up on the hit list in the future.

That idea might not be very far fetched.  Introduction to an AP article posted on America Online:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (March 23) - Israel threatened to kill the entire leadership of the Islamic militant group Hamas after assassinating its founder and hinted Tuesday that Yasser Arafat could wind up on the hit list in the future.

YES! That's what I'm talking about. If they stay with it and keep wasting anyone who has the stones to try and take charge of these people they can cripple their operations.

YES!  That's what I'm talking about.  If they stay with it and keep wasting anyone who has the stones to try and take charge of these people they can cripple their operations.

But wait, killing Hamas leaders only leads to more recruits and prolongs the cycle of violence!

Here's what Israel does: Assassinate Ratsin (Yassin's replacement) and Arafat. Send a clear f***ing message that ANY person financing Hamas, an organization bent on destroying Israel and replacing it with an islamic state, will lead to your death.

The IDF needs to just go ahead and waste Arafat now.  I would think that they are plenty tired of his two-faced bulls*** by now.  He parades in front of the TV saying he's all about a peaceful settlement to this mess and at the same time he's pulling the puppet strings of every radical and terrorist in the area.  He has been begging for a bullet to the brain for the past 20 years.

I'll say this much about Arafat. If he did, in fact, try and bring about a peaceful settlement to this mess, then we would definitely get that bullet to the brain. But it wouldn't be an Isreali bullet.

Yes they are held to a different standard. That is the reason for all the US aid we send. We allow them to spy on us and then send them money.

Do you really think the world has treated Israel any worse than other countries have been treated?  Why do I even ask. I'm certain you think Israel is the most mistreated country in the history of mankind. When actually if it wasn't for Britian and the US they would not exist. And you and APU would switch sides and argue the others point. Only it would be the Palestinians with the country and the land and the Jews fighting.

You are correct. If is wasn't for the US and UK, Isreal would not exist. Having said that, I also believe that Isreal has been the most maligned country in the world. From day one of their existance as a nation, the entire Muslim, Islamic, Arab world has been yearning for the annihilation, as proven by the 6 Day War. As for the results of that war, started by the world's Arab nations, the fact that Isreal expanded their borders on the field of battle, in a war they didn't start, well tough s***. That war in itself justifies Isreal's claim that they need that territory to maintain their survival as a nation. If they give "the occupied territories" back, it would be just plain stupid from a military standpoint. It would allow any future attempt to "push the Jews into the sea" much easier because it would be so much easier to divide the nation in half. Divide and conquer, as the saying goes. The Arab world didn't allow the Palistinians to settle in present day Isreal before there was an Isreal. They were, as today, a refugee people. So why, now, is it up to Isreal to give the Palastinians the territories claimed in the '67 War? Why is the plight of the Palisitinians so important to the Arab world now, when it wasn't important prior to the birth of the nation of Isrea? It's because it is militarily imperative that Isreal does not hold this land so that they can, in fact, be pushed into the sea.

Are some people forgetting that death is not a problem for these people? They use suicide bombers. You can keep killing them, but it isn't going to make a difference. Three more will take their place. When you are fighting for something you believe that strongly about, you do not fear death.

This reminds me of the bomb them back to the stone ages mentality in Viet Nam. They were there already, so it made no difference.

YES!  That's what I'm talking about.  If they stay with it and keep wasting anyone who has the stones to try and take charge of these people they can cripple their operations.

Nuke,

After you get done fixing the world, from street gangs to terrorist operations, are there any buildings standing? How long until people who have no homes begin to riot? The only solution you see seems to be at the end of a tank or missle. Do you really believe its time to destroy civil law and resort to military operations everywhere?

You are correct.  If is wasn't for the US and UK, Isreal would not exist.  Having said that, I also believe that Isreal has been the most maligned country in the world.  From day one of their existance as a nation, the entire Muslim, Islamic, Arab world has been yearning for the annihilation, as proven by the 6 Day War.  As for the results of that war, started by the world's Arab nations, the fact that Isreal expanded their borders on the field of battle, in a war they didn't start, well tough s***.  That war in itself justifies Isreal's claim that they need that territory to maintain their survival as a nation.  If they give "the occupied territories" back, it would be just plain stupid from a military standpoint.  It would allow any future attempt to "push the Jews into the sea" much easier because it would be so much easier to divide the nation in half.  Divide and conquer, as the saying goes. The Arab world didn't allow the Palistinians to settle in present day Isreal before there was an Isreal.  They were, as today, a refugee people.  So why, now, is it up to Isreal to give the Palastinians the territories claimed in the '67 War?  Why is the plight of the Palisitinians so important to the Arab world now, when it wasn't important prior to the birth of the nation of Isrea?  It's because it is militarily imperative that Isreal does not hold this land so that they can, in fact, be pushed into the sea.

I agree in principle with everything you have said. My thought, although not complete, is this; since the US and other countries have kept Israel viable for all these years with military and economic support, shouldn't Israel be concerned about taking action that is against their biggest benefactors wishes? The world is forced to simultainously defend and criticize Israel, which is embarrasing. "You know assassinations are wrong, here's $100,00,000 to get you through the month."

Would it be fair of those countries supporting Isarel to say " we support any and all measures to peacefully work towards a resolution. If you follow our lead, we will continue to send money. If you decide on an all out war, you are on your own."?

Every President since Carter has pcitures of smiling Palestinians and Israeli negotiators. And every President has watched this go down the tubes.

I do not think the US could finance an Israeli all out war against its Arab neighbors. And Israel would not be successful without US Aid.

Bottom line, do y'all think it is in Israel's best interest to go against their biggest benevactors wishes and should the US continue to finance action that we condemn?

I agree in principle with everything you have said. My thought, although not complete, is this; since the US and other countries have kept Israel viable for all these years with military and economic support, shouldn't Israel be concerned about taking action that is against their biggest benefactors wishes? The world is forced to simultainously defend and criticize Israel, which is embarrasing. "You know assassinations are wrong, here's $100,00,000 to get you through the month."

Would it be fair of those countries supporting Isarel to say " we support any and all measures to peacefully work towards a resolution. If you follow our lead, we will continue to send money. If you decide on an all out war, you are on your own."?

Every President since Carter has pcitures of smiling Palestinians and Israeli negotiators. And every President has watched this go down the tubes.

I do not think the US could finance an Israeli all out war against its Arab neighbors. And Israel would not be successful without US Aid.

Bottom line, do y'all think it is in Israel's best interest to go against their biggest benevactors wishes and should the US continue to finance action that we condemn?

You have made some valid points as well. However, I'm not so sure that the US was upset too much by Isreal taking out that dude. What was the word used in the official reaction .... "disturbing"?

I also feel that US could not object too strongly because we attempting to do the same thing with Bin Laden. Though, capturing and not just killing Saddam did lend us some credibility.

I think our official reaction to the assasination was just so much posturing.