Do the Sox need a different 2b?

knightni

I know they are playing this Uribe/Harris thing.. but what about Eric Young?

Texas doesnt need him at 2b.. they have Soriano now.

They don't need him at SS.. they have Michael Young.

3b? Nope Hank Blalock is anchored there.

So, you think Texas would deal him for a minor league SP?

--------------------------R H HR RBI SB BB AVG E

E. Young (Tex - 2B) 80 119 15 34 28 57 .251 16

W. Harris (CWS - 2B) 19 28 0 5 12 10 .204 2

J. Uribe (CWS - SS) 45 80 10 33 7 17 .253 12

Young is pretty close to Uribe in HR, RBI and BA.. but he is quicker than Juan.

The Sox could use some speed that actually hits at leadoff.

Just a thought.

They do need Young still because Sorinao will likely play in CF. We should go afta Spivey 1st, then Vidro. I've also heard Damian Jackson can be had very cheaply, since Miles beat him out for the 2B job I believe.

They do need Young still because Sorinao will likely play in CF. We should go afta Spivey 1st, then Vidro. I've also heard Damian Jackson can be had very cheaply, since Miles beat him out for the 2B job I believe.

I don't think that we should go afta Spivey. He got sent to baseball exile for a reason. Maybe we should go after Miles? :huh

I agree.  I just get tired of repeating myself.

I feel ya. I just think as Sox fans we need to come to gripes with the fact that this is gonna be the team we go to battle with. There's not gonna be any major moves at this point. If we're in it by all-star break then maybe you'll see a move or two. BUT UNTIL THEN THESE ARE OUR 2004 CHICAGO WHITE SOX...

There are at least two teams interested in Damian Jackson, Baltimore and someone else. Therefore, I'm not so sure he is easily attainable. However, I am in agreement with those who believe Harris and Uribe will be productive and fill the role well.

There are at least two teams interested in Damian Jackson, Baltimore and someone else.

I don't understand that one. The Orioles might just have the best 2B platoon in the majors with Roberts and Hairston. Check out their stats from last year. I'd say that they'd be the last team in the majors that would trade for Damian Jackson.

The 2B position is a fantasy nightmare. I ended up having to take a chance on Aaron Miles. D'Angelo Jiminez is actually a top 10 second basemen right now in terms of dollar value. A sad state of affairs.

I don't understand that one.  The Orioles might just have the best 2B platoon in the majors with Roberts and Hairston.  Check out their stats from last year.  I'd say that they'd be the last team in the majors that would trade for Damian Jackson. 

The 2B position is a fantasy nightmare.  I ended up having to take a chance on Aaron Miles.  D'Angelo Jiminez is actually a top 10 second basemen right now in terms of dollar value.  A sad state of affairs.

Colorado Rockies Updated:03/26/2004

The Denver Post reported the Mets were aggressively pursuing Damian Jackson, whose roster security had vanished because of the continued strong play of Luis Gonzalez, a utility player, and Jackson's poor showing at the plate. The newspaper said the Orioles also had expressed interest. The Rocky Mountain News reported the Rockies also had talked with teams about deals for non-roster players Denny Hocking and Benji Gil.

I think it's safe to say that Sox fans have been waiting on Willie ever since he came over from Baltimore for Charles Johnson.

Dude...You're not gonna honestly act like Willie has been given a REAL chance have u? A real chance would be Willie gettin an oppurtunity to show what he can do on an EVERYDAY basis..He hasn't had that yet. He's gonna get his chance this year..

I agree.  I just get tired of repeating myself.

Amen Yas and let me 3rd that, Willie is our 2nd baseman and will be for the first 2 months at least. If he can't cut it then Uribe will get the call, if Uribe can't cut it then 2nd will be our no. 1 priority for July trades. EOS.

Right now we are looking for a utility IFer who can play 3rd and hopefully SS and 2nd, versatility is the key along with being able to either pinch hit or pinch run off the bench. In camp that's Dransfeldt(who has earned it btw), so when you start mentioning possible pickups right now he's the one who needs to be beaten out.

I'm for giving our guys a shot but if the Sox start off slowly, I'd want either Roberts or Hairston.  Either of those two could lead off.  I'd prefer Hairston.  I still remember his Dad pinch hitting for the Sox.

Hairston is now out till May. Could be a good oppurtunity for Roberts to prove himself at the top of the O's order. If he does well, they mite be in a position to trade Hairston Jr., but they would want sum quality pitching prospects in return. Remember, Hairston was hittin bout .270 last season and was on pace to steal 40 bases I think before he got injured, so he seems to be quite injury prone as well.

I think it's safe to say that Sox fans have been waiting on Willie ever since he came over from Baltimore for Charles Johnson.

Didn't we trade Singleton to the Orioles for Harris? I could have sworn that's what the deal is....I might be wrong.

Anyway as for a 2B, let Willie and Juan take a shot at it. If they both are having problems than you know Kenny will go out and find someone if we are in contention come June or July.

I might be crazy, but I like the team we have right now.

CWSOX45