should cotts get the 4th spot

Cottsfan24

Who should get the 4th spot?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the 4th spot?

• Scott Schoenweis
    • Neal Cotts

Welcome aboard BTW. I'm a big Cotts fan myself (a bigger Reed fan :))  and I'm hoping he gets it as well. Hopefully, but I think it's best for him to go to AAA.

"I am wit you on this one... and when I say I wit you... I'm wit you" I think Cotts would benefit from one more season in the minors but I think the Big club will need him more.

Cotts could use more time in the minors to start the season off, so I'd have Wright start, and then maybe Schoey. If his location looks good down in the minors, and some tinkering (don't mean to use that term) is needed to be done to our starting rotation, Cotts could be brought up...He just doesn't seem quite ready for the bigs, though he will with more time down in the minors.

Still a week to go and Shoenenweis will get at least one more start. I am thinking at this time though Cotts has a better chance. Wright should be #4 in the rotation and if they keep both Shoe and Cotts on the team maybe Shoe gets a chance at #5 with more time to work with Cooper before making his first start. Cotts in long relief and if Shie can't do it than Cotts is there, but I don't like the idea of going into the season still waiting for Shoe to step up. He seems to do ok for a couple innings and in my opinion is better suited for a relief role. We may see both players on the team since it seems Ozzie wants 3 lefties in the pen and likes another lefty in the rotation.

I think you need Schoenweis in the number four spot so you don't have lefty, lefty. We need some sort of break there. We also have to be thankful that we have two lefties. I might be on of the only people in Chicago that is Pro-Scho.

Scho should get the spot to start the season. I actually like the idea of cotts in the bullpen, think its a great place to come up without as much pressure as being the 4th starter and if one of our starters faulters, then he steps in.

Cotts looked improved control wise this spring, but he definately still has some steps.

Cotts is pitching well today, hopefully today's outing can get him the job. Schoe has struggled and I do not want him as our 4th starter. He was not great 2 years ago when he started games for the Angels so why did we give it to him on the first place.

Go Cotts if he has a good start today he will get the 4th spot

god, Sho stinks...this guy is made for middle relief...I wouldn't mind if he made the team out of the pen, but as a starter, even a 4th or 5th...BLAH and BLEH..and also..BLHEEK

I'm still worried about Cotts control...But I'd rather have Cotts startin than Sho...

Scho should get the spot to start the season. I actually like the idea of cotts in the bullpen, think its a great place to come up without as much pressure as being the 4th starter and if one of our starters faulters, then he steps in. 

Cotts looked improved control wise this spring, but he definately still has some steps.

I agree with jason on this one... Although only if Cotts is used regularly out of the pen... If he just festers there, which can happen when you're carrying 12 pitchers, then that will actually retard his development.

god, Sho stinks...this guy is made for middle relief...I wouldn't mind if he made the team out of the pen, but as a starter, even a 4th or 5th...BLAH and BLEH..and also..BLHEEK

I'm still worried about Cotts control...But I'd rather have Cotts startin than Sho...

Gash, your back!!!! :headbang

Is that a....

(gasp)

...Gash siting? :o :ph34r: :o :ph34r: :o

Anyways, let's just trade for Livan Hernandez and end all the Scho or Cotts discussion right now. Send Koch and take on some money so the salaries are equal in who we give up(say we give up the $6 mill for Koch, make sure Montreal gives up $6 mill too, so it all cancels out), give up some prospects, and bingo, you have your 4th starter.

Is that a....

(gasp)

...Gash siting?  :o  :ph34r:  :o  :ph34r:  :o

Anyways, let's just trade for Livan Hernandez and end all the Scho or Cotts discussion right now.  Send Koch and take on some money so the salaries are equal in who we give up(say we give up the $6 mill for Koch, make sure Montreal gives up $6 mill too, so it all cancels out), give up some prospects, and bingo, you have your 4th starter.

If there was a way to get Livan Hernandez on this team, I'd do it in a second. Then we wouldn't hav this 4th starter argument, Shoe could pitch out of da pen, with Cotts startin in Charlotte. If only Montreal would take back Koch. :lol: Anyways, I'm willin to giv Shoe a couple of starts 1st in the 4th, but if he's still strugglin, Cotts can start for him.

Anyone know Cott's full ST stats?

I don't know where to get info like that...

I'd specifically be interested in his ERA, K/BB ratio, and WHIP...

Player Team W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

N Cotts CWS 0 - 1 3.86 4 0 0 0 0 7.0 5 3 3 0 1 1 6

This does not include today's start or appearances in B games.

Player  Team  W  L  ERA  G  GS  CG  SHO  SV  IP  H  R  ER  HR  HBP  BB  SO

N Cotts CWS  0 - 1 3.86  4  0 0    0 0  7.0 5  3 3  0 1  1    6

This does not include today's start or appearances in B games.

Thanks Rex... I found 'em over at Chisox.com... They weren't up earlier in the sring so i just assumed there wasn't really an outlet for ST stats...

His updated stats are something like this:

10IP 2.7ERA 6H 2B 7K -- which still doesn't include is "B" starts

I was looking at the stats, and something JUMPED out at me...

Shoe has struck out 26 batters in 19.1IP, that's 12.1K/9IP --- A ratio nowhere near the norm for Shoe.

I've got to believe that he really has had some success with the new pitches Coop's got him working on. He may not have a good ERA, or even a good WHIP(2.17), but with continued work with Coop, he could surprise all of you who have written him off completely.

He had his best year for WHIP(1.26), BAA(<.255 k ratio era and last season. granted a lot of that is due to throwing out the pen but with continued work coop applying all he leaned from year i think can bring it around...>

I'm sure Bullard could chime in on this, as he is going through a change in arm slot/ throwing style, There is a steep leaning curve when you're learning new pitches.