Prom Stories

Texsox

I barely remember the event itself. I had a kick ass dress though. Still in my closet..

The best part was definitely Great America the next day and then the 2 days at Indiana Beach afterwards. I keep track of a few folks from HS, but not my prom date or many others since the first year after HS. They were all still concerned about going out and getting wasted when I was making mortgage payments..

My senior prom was last year:

What were you wearing

A tuxedo which I didn't pay one cent for.

where did you go

My school: Navy Pier, Queen of Peace: The Drake

what happened

Both were lame, while afterparties weren't bad. For my school my group of friends roamed around downtown Chicago and stayed at the Hilton. For my X girlfriends prom us and her group of b****y friends decided bowling was a great way to spend the night; I :puke from too much :drink

do you even know your date today?

Unfortunately

I was a very bad boy my first prom. Two weeks before the prom I broke up with a girl and cancelled our date. Looking back, what a dick I was. Besides wearing really bad tuxs (I needed a Queer Eye) I organized boing whenever a Disco song was played. Now this was in 1978, so Disco was still a viable way to sell vinyl.

We went up to Spring Lake in Wisconsin the next day and I wound up disappearing with a different girl for a while.

I cannot even remember the name of my Junior year date.

Senior year was a little better, although it was another bad tux. This time with a graffiti cumberbund and bow tie. I just realized, I am a bad breaker upper. This girl I broke up with after dating 2 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, and 5 days. I couldn't find a 3 year Anniversary gift, so I figured it was easier to just break up with her.

Now I see kids renting limos, condos on South Padre Island, $300 prom dresses, etc. Seems like a giant waste of money.

ANybody remember Steve Dahl's Prom Promo. It ended with the winner's dad proclaiming, "I wouldn't let my daughter go with you, or your sidekick, for all the tea in China buddy"

Speaking of the prom...

Idaho Couple 'Sticks Together' at Prom

HAGERMAN, Idaho - When at the prom, it's best to stick to your date.

No problem for Lynlea Jayo and Josh Traughber, a high school couple who used duct tape, thrift-store jackets and bed sheets to make their own formal wear for just $30.

Jayo and Traughber's creativity put them in the running for $2,500 scholarships. The Duck brand duct-tape company also gave $2,500 to the school as part of a national contest.

"It's my last prom, and I wanted to go with a bang," Traughber said. "I think we hit on something way different."

Her dress was made from an old bed sheet. She used three rolls of black and red tape on the hourglass-shaped gown with spaghetti straps.

"I thought about a lot of different ideas, but it's hard to imagine what a duct tape dress will look like until you make it," Jayo said.

Because of an extra layer of duct tape, Traughber's jacket weighed 14 pounds. He also made duct-tape slacks, a duct-tape T-shirt and a black-and-white checkered tie using six rolls of tape.

"It was a memory in the making," Jayo said.

What were you wearing

A gray tux with tails :puke

where did you go

Can't remember, some hotel with a reception hall.

what happened

Not much, most of us left for the hotel bar to watch the Bulls in the Conference finals against the Pistons.

do you even know your date today

No, but that night I got to know her pretty well. :headbang :cheers

-- Did't buy a class ring -- save $300 -- You'll never wear it after HS, if you even did.

-- Didn't go to Junior Prom -- Spent weekend at U of I w/ friends in college

-- Didn't go to Senior Prom -- Arranged a weekend in Galena -- Everyone Joined me after the prom

------------------

The Cheat can't dance -- The Cheat does not enjoy shaking his rump -- The Cheat is secure enough to "miss out" on all those memories

I laughed at people that paid $300 for their ring.  I paid $80 for mine and still wear it occasionally.  I paid $130 for my college class ring and wear it fairly regularly.

I gave ny HS ring to a girl who kept it after we broke up. Then when I finally had the balls to ask for it back, she announced it was stolen from her apartment. :huh :headshake

I may buy my college ring, but I doubt it.

I gave ny HS ring to a girl who kept it after we broke up. Then when I finally had the balls to ask for it back, she announced it was stolen from her apartment.  :huh  :headshake

I may buy my college ring, but I doubt it.

LOL!

Brian thought that was what he did with his - turned out his mom had the whole time. The same girl still has (had) his dad's dog tags. I love playing stupid and asking him about his dad's dog tags - he gets all red and quiet and says he doesn't know where they are at. He better hope his dad never asks him cuz his dad would kick his ass from here to timbuktu.

Went to senior prom. It was a pretty funny night cause two of my good friends got pissed at their dates. Well, for one it was more the girl getting pissed at him. Either way it led to absolute comedy for the night.

It was pretty fun. The parties aftewards were a lot of friends. Every once in a while my buddies and I will bring up some of the hillarity from that night to make fun of the two friends incidents that night :lol:

For me it went pretty uneventful. However, my date got pretty pissed at me because I lost our prom pictures. I found them and gave them to her like a year later :lol:

When: My Junior prom was Last Friday night

Where: Hilton Hotel Woodcliff lakes NJ

Followed it with a limo ride around and then a few hourse of cosmic bowling

Spent the night at my date's house went home around 11 saturday

What happened: Danced, ate, bowled in Tux and dresses. It was a fun group and me and my date got along great. At my dates house we ate watched movies, she was a good host.

[sappy]

I went to my Junior Prom with (don't laugh) the love of my young life, and it almost didn't happen. I had been tripping all over myself trying to work up the courage to tell this girl how I felt about her for months (we were hangout friends but she and she alone seemed oblivious to the fact that I had become completely smittten with her). So the prom is fast approaching and I'm just letting it go by with no luck in growing a backbone...

So one Friday or Saturday night a week before the prom, I'm playing with the garage band dujour at a neighborhood church hall, and few girls we'd never met before hang out until we're done and we strike up a conversation. Within about 10 minutes I had given my number out to one of the girls who very casually said 'mind if I call you some time?' Sure, whatever, there was nothing-doing with the girl I really cared about and I had to cut out and I gave her my number...

A frigging half-hour later I'm dropping off gear at home and the phone rings - it's this 'can I call you sometime' girl, yapping on and on, 'I liked your band..., do you write your own stuff?... yada yada...' and somewhere she sneaks in (and I ACCEPT!) and invitation to HER prom. I finally come to my senses and realize that I'd be the biggest idiot in town if I shell out wads of cash to take a girl I don't know/don't care about/can't remember her name to her prom and don't at least take a chance and ask the single-greatest-thing-on-two-feet if she'd go with me to mine. Fortunately, the proms were on a Friday and Saturday so no conflict, (and one tux rental!) and fortunately the object of my affection said yes, and also 'what the hell took you so long?' - go figure. We dated for 6 months after that, broke up for a few months (her idea *grumble*), got back together (yippee! I had lost my virginity in the interim and apparently that made me desirable - go figure). Got back together just in time for senior prom season, and stayed 'together' through a year and a half of college (two different colleges unfortunately *grumble*) before we broke up for good. A really great friendship somehow grew out of that ugliness and even though now we're a half-dozen states away with families of our own, we're always connected in a scarycool kind of way and she remains among my favorite people on the planet. Something I cannot say about my other exes.

[/sappy]