songs in films

sox4lifeinPA

what are some songs that you may have not known or liked before, but then saw them in a film and LOVE them now.

I'm a big fan of The Band's "The Weight". I just saw it in a movie, but I forget which one.

Donnie Darko's got a Tears for Fears song which I really dig now.

what are some songs that you may have not known or liked before, but then saw them in a film and LOVE them now.

I'm a big fan of The Band's "The Weight". I just saw it in a movie, but I forget which one.

Donnie Darko's got a Tears for Fears song which I really dig now.

I didn't think I liked the Doors until Apocalypse Now, now I like them alot.

I didn't think I liked the Doors until Apocalypse Now, now I like them alot.

Me too. Wagner as well.

Jump by Pointer Sisters because of one short moment (kids dancing) in Love Actually trailer and the Egg Dancers in SNL/Donald Trump restaurant sketch.

Basically everything in Boogie Nights. Pulp Fiction. Chungking Express.

The Graduate and S&G.

Thomas Crown Affair has two good songs, one by Wassap Diop.

Birdy. Clockwork Orange. American Graffiti. Songcatcher.

Come to think of it, proably half the stuff I like I got from the movies one way or another. Too many to list.

I'm probably gonig to get roasted for this, but I love pretty much anything Cameron Crowe touches...

Almost all of his movies use music as part of the story...

Vanilla Sky -- Jeff Buckley, and REM's Sweetness Follows

Almost Famous -- Decent original material, and Everyone remembers the Tiny Dancer scene

Jerry Maguire -- Secret Garden-- The boss

Say Anything -- Peter Gabriel -- Your eyes -- Plus The Clash was featured prominently throughout the movie on Lloyd's T shirts.

Singles -- Trying a little too hard, but I know people who still play that soundtrack

Fast times -- Ok the music wasn't great -- It was the 80's

How about a concert moment?

I walked up to Popular Creek around 1983 or so, the day of an Elton John concert expecting to get lawn tickets and bought 15 row center. Seems the band turned some tix back in :D

I was never a "Burn Down the Mission" fan until I saw it performed live. The song blew me away.

From a movie? Otis "He loves us" Day and Shout until I saw him live at SnugFest on Lake Beverly.

And finally Kansas Wayward Son from the closing scenes in a damn movie I can't remember, and can't find via google

Say Anything -- Peter Gabriel -- Your eyes -- Plus The Clash was featured prominently throughout the movie on Lloyd's T shirts.

Singles -- Trying a little too hard, but I know people who still play that soundtrack

Off the Singles soundtrack, "State Of Love And Trust" is a GREAT song.That's the ONLY Pearl Jam song I like!

Re: Say Anything - SURE, they'll throw a Clash t-shirt on Cusack for "cred", but then they have him play that sappy, awful Peter Gabriel junk.

Why not have him play "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" on his boombox? It still fits the theme of the movie!

Forgot to add that perfect example for me would be the Pixies. Never cared for them. Not even close.

But that ending to Fight Club is something else.

(Speaking of Fight Club.....I find it extremely funny that it's held up by the scores of flatheads as this macho manifesto that definitively captures the essence of their disaffection/impulses.......without even realizing that the guy who wrote it is openly gay.

I mean, seriously....all that homoeroticism in the first hour.....That gaydar needs some major un-jamming. :lol:)

Forgot to add that perfect example for me would be the Pixies.  Never cared for them.  Not even close.

But that ending to Fight Club is something else.

"Where is my Mind"

Yep, that's definitely the song that made the movie and pulled it all together--and my favorite song to turn up, roll the windows down, and drive down a highway to.

"Where is my Mind"

Yep, that's definitely the song that made the movie and pulled it all together--and my favorite song to turn up, roll the windows down, and drive down a highway to.

anyone ever hear the Nada Surf cover of where is my mind?

it's good

There is a movie that isn't even out yet called "Garden State", and the teaser trailer has this great song in it that's been stuck in my head. I found out what it was and downloaded the song. Good stuff, I probably wouldn't listen to the music on a regular basis but the Song is good. It's called "Let Go" by someone called Frou Frou.

The movie looks awesome by the way. It's written and directed and starring Zach Braff from "Scrubs"

There is a movie that isn't even out yet called "Garden State", and the teaser trailer has this great song in it that's been stuck in my head. I found out what it was and downloaded the song. Good stuff, I probably wouldn't listen to the music on a regular basis but the Song is good. It's called "Let Go" by someone called Frou Frou.

The movie looks awesome by the way. It's written and directed and starring Zach Braff from "Scrubs"

Natalie Portman is a rather attractive woman.

Frou Frou remind me a lot of Dido.

It's ok stuff if you're in that mood.