Cubs LOSE

WSoxShuf

And I remember how bad it was Monday... funny how things work.

Kind of ironic.

It's like rain on your wedding. Or a free ride when you've already paid. Or the good advice you just didn't take. How about having 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife?

I thought that new and improved "vaunted" Cubs offense was supposed to be so deadly this year? Don't tell that to Paul Wilson. Is it me or does Sammy Sosa have some of the worst plate discipline in the game? He swung at atleast 3 balls today that were damn near literally in the dirt...As far as the Astros go. Clemens is a f***in god. 40 years old, and he's able to go out there his very first start and shut down a very solid Giants offense.

I thought that new and improved "vaunted" Cubs offense was supposed to be so deadly this year?  Don't tell that to Paul Wilson.  Is it me or does Sammy Sosa have some of the worst plate discipline in the game?  He swung at atleast 3 balls today that were damn near literally in the dirt...As far as the Astros go.  Clemens is a f***in god.  40 years old,  and he's able to go out there his very first start and shut down a very solid Giants offense.

For starters, Sosa is an acronym for a reason

Strikes

Out

Swinging

Again

And Clemens was getting gift calls all night long. Bonds went down looking twice on pitches well out of the zone. The first one was below his knees and a little outside, and the last one that got Bonds looking was probably atleast 5-6 inches outside. I wonder how much of Clemens $5 mill that home plate ump is got for tonight's game

And Clemens was getting gift calls all night long.  Bonds went down looking twice on pitches well out of the zone.  The first one was below his knees and a little outside, and the last one that got Bonds looking was probably atleast 5-6 inches outside.  I wonder how much of Clemens $5 mill that home plate ump is got for tonight's game

:o :o :o

Dude Those were two really good pitches by Clemens. Both did catch the plate. I admit, the one SO was alittle low, but the other one was good enough. It's not like Bonds had nothing to hit in those at-bats. Clemens just outpitched him. Simple as that.

:o  :o  :o

Dude Those were two really good pitches by Clemens. Both did catch the plate. I admit, the one SO was alittle low, but the other one was good enough. It's not like Bonds had nothing to hit in those at-bats. Clemens just outpitched him. Simple as that.

I disagree. Those were s*** calls.