I was wrong about Bush

Reddy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Hussein didn't have to go...but, The Prez could have told the truth.

He could have connected him to 9/11, he could have accused Saadam of being a war criminal. But, by making up this WMD excuse, Bush looks like a f***ing clown in the eyes of the world!

Is Bush a war criminal? Hmmmm.

This is why you don'y fu@kin blow up mosques. How many people will have to die before we finally f***in learn something

We are fighting an enemy that is not only not afraid of death, they look forward to dying.

How can you beat that? I guess we have to accomodate them.

dude Teddy Kennedy was right it's just Vietnam all over again

Teddy Kennedy? HA. Everybody, including me, thought it would be the same thing as Vietnam or worst.

You guys need to wake up and see what Bush is about...

This is why you don'y fu@kin blow up mosques. How many people will have to die before we finally f***in learn something

They were being fired upon FROM the mosque. Should they have turned the other cheek?

Just remember we have young men and women serving over there that deserve our support. IMHO that means keeping them as safe as possible while they are there. If that means pissing off a few more people, so be it. I also believe it means getting them out of that hell hole ASAP or sooner.

One thing we can start is to make certain everyone who is there has the proper equipment, paid for by the US government, to keep them safe.

They were being fired upon FROM the mosque. Should they have turned the other cheek?

No, but they should have shared some of the pie with Russia and France and the rest of the badass thugz who run the world in the first place.

Iraq is unsalvageable, but what's worse, US is unanimously hated through-out the world regardless of the outcome.

In as we're getting closer and closer to the era of dirty bomb-happy urban warfare, losing the world's support/goodwill is a baaad idea.

The similarities in this war (humiliation, and protest at home) are caused by the American people. In Vietnam we could not fully engage in war because it would have resulted in atrocities against humanity and the environment, the global community would have been up in arms.

In this war, we once again can not see our enemy, however using the tactics of total war we could end it very quickly. Bush is afraid of the political ramifications of total war, and total war would not be just in this case.

Total war would totally destroy the Iraqui people's spirit, and it would eliminate almost all of the insurgents. However, American deaths would be high, civilian deaths would be high, and we would look like a bunch of assholes. Bush's political career would be over. Therefore we can not fully attack Iraq, and we will continue to chase these guys like a dog chasing its tail.

Bush entered into this war with his hands tied. We can not fight Iraq to the best of our ability. A country should not engage in a war it will not fight. And it is impossible to fully fight a war that has a weak cause.

Quote:

Bush entered into this war with his hands tied.

We can not fight Iraq to the best of our ability.

A country should not engage in a war it will not fight.

And it is impossible to fully fight a war that has a weak cause.

And thus we enter the modern age where there is no war other than a world war that will have a strong cause.

In my opinion that whole article is rubbish.

The terrorists have hated the United States since our alliance with modern Israel.

There are events in the 70's, 80's, & 90's that involved acts of war against US citizens.

The bottom line is that since 9/11 the country has not suffered a major terrorist attack.

The economy & that record is what Bush should be judged upon.

Way back machine:

Under Clinton:

We had involvment in Kosovo, & Somalia.

We participated in carpet bombing in Bosnia creating millions of refugees.

We suffered the OK, NYC bombings. The WTC bombing could have been the worst disaster in American history if the bombers studied physics better.

We suffered the US Cole & Embassy bombings.

We will never abandon Israel so we will always be the central target of hate.

Capitalism & democracy are a severe threat to the terrorist regimes & idea of territorial rule. We will always be the main target for that reason as well.

There is no diplomacy with these people other than abandoning the region

and letting them fight it out amongst themselves. We can never do that as long

as the world economy is dependant on the flow of OPEC oil.

There's are fundamental truths.

Learn them, accept them, & move on.

I'm in a bad mood this week. So I'll play a game with you.

You're the Prime Minister of Japan. You just received word that 3 Japanese citizens have been taken hostage by Iraqi terrorists. They demand you withdraw your non-COMBAT troops from Iraq or they will kill the hostages in 3 days time.

What do you do?

This is the crux of the decision Bush & the American people face in whether to stay or leave Iraq. If you leave, then all the businesses that currently involved in the rebuilding process become welcome hostages. If you stay you are likely to continue to receive guerilla tactic sneak attacks & lose lives. There is no way to prevent loss of life when battling snipers.

I'll sit back & wait for your answer.

damn alot of these type threads lately in the message boards i visit. I agree With Juggernaut on this one here. We will always be hated due to the fact we support Isreal and because we are the force in the west that screws up anything one of those terrorist factions trys to do. Go to help some country, we're hated for it. We go deny some country help, world outcry is why the hell didn't the US help. I hate seeing Vietnam and Iraq in the same sentence, i personally don't think it will come out like that but then again thats just me. With the urban warfare thats going on in Iraq as we type this, firing upon that mosque was the least we could do. I sure as hell woulda done the same thing, woulda leveled it. I'm not saying drop every building where people are firing at you from, but if you know a large percentage of people in there are trying to kill you, do it. These people fight in such a way there is going to be no way around killing civilians, though we do try to keep the number down as low as we can. I doubt that if we were at war in our country against some country they would do the same. As for the question Japan has infront of it right now, i wouldn't leave, in fact I'd send more people there.

Now with the up coming election, kerry doesn't like the war but doesn't come and show a plan on what he would do. This is not only Kerry, it's everyone who doesn't like it. Don't say we shouldn't of not gone there, because that time has past, what would he do about it now is the question. Ok, my slight rant is over. I respect everyones opinion and this is just mine, take it or leave it. I'm not trying to change anyones opinion with this, so don't start arguing with me about it.

There is no clear cut answer. The best option right now is to get the UN involved so that some how we can try as a WORLD to salvage this mess we've made. I know that it isnt likely to happen seeing as the whole world is as delighted to wait for the answer to you're question as you were, but really its the only safe way out. The only other thing I can see is that we try and get all our civilians back from Iraq, say f*** it, pull our troops and let the bastards fend for themselves... we could always give saddam back