O-E-O MAAAAAAGGGGGGLLLLLIIIIOOOOO!!!!

CSF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:headbang :headbang :headbang

No one can tell me this team is not one of the best in the league right now. They are playing as well as anyone and have already won games in several different ways(and we've only won 6 games). They are hitting homers to win, getting hits to win, pitching the s*** out of the ball to win, and then winning games with combos of those.

With another starter - preferably a top of the line starter - and another quality reliever or two, this team is quite possibly the most dangerous team in the major leagues.

GO SOX!!! :headbang

Whats best about this win is how well Damaso pitched. Sure the line wasn't quality DamasOWNED, but he's beginning to regain confidence. When he ended the 9th with a K and pumped his fist it assured me of better days to come. His breaking ball was snapping and his fastball was normal range (93-94). Was a little surprised when I saw a 97 mph flash across the screen in the 9th. The FSN radar. appear consistent all game so I have to believe he reached back a little.

Onward to the juice box for a three game set. Danny Wright needs to keep this modest win streak going. :headbang :headbang :fthecubs

relax you guys. the only reason we beat the royals is that they were terrified of being attacked by our fans.

You just gave Mariotti the subject of tomorrow's column. Or, he may say they couldn't get motivated to beat the Sox with the small crowd there.

wait wait  I am confused???  I thought KC was suppose to beat the Sox????

They are 1-4 this year???? Thats not suppose to happen!!!!

Those guys in bristol must be scratching their heads..

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

The White Sox are Rodney Dangerfield.

We get NO RESPECT I tell ya. So we treat other teams the same way.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

No one can tell me this team is not one of the best in the league right now.  They are playing as well as anyone and have already won games in several different ways(and we've only won 6 games).  They are hitting homers to win, getting hits to win, pitching the s*** out of the ball to win, and then winning games with combos of those. 

With another starter - preferably a top of the line starter - and another quality reliever or two, this team is quite possibly the most dangerous team in the major leagues.

GO SOX!!!  :headbang

ESPN has us ranked 15th. After all, a Mendy Lopez home run has to warrant a proper 8th ranking for KC.

Sign this man to a contact extension. Way to go Maggs!! BTW, Jackson & Marte pitched absolutely magnificent today.

And the best part is Marte got his revenge against the 3 guys that burned him last week. He got Lopez to strike out, Berroa to foul out, & Beltran to ground out. Way to go, D! :headbang

ESPN has us ranked 15th.  After all, a Mendy Lopez home run has to warrant a proper 8th ranking for KC.

Which is why I brought it up.

These stupid ass power rankings should not be done until June or July. You can't tell who's actually good and who's not. Judging a team based on 9 games is statistically worse then judging an NFL team on 2 games(5.5% for the MLB, while we are at about 12.5% of the NFL). And you know damn well that you can't judge an NFL team on 2 games(just as a great example, the Bills were 2-0 last year 2 games into the season, and they looked like they were the best team in the league BY FAR(just as the New England Patriots after they were shutout in week 1)...over the next 15 weeks, they looked like the WORST team in the league). So how in the blue f*** are you supposed to judge a baseball team on 9 games? Could the boys in Bristol be any stupider?

Right now, IMO, the Sox are a top 3 team in the league. Doesn't mean it will stay that way, does it?

Which is why I brought it up.

These stupid ass power rankings should not be done until June or July.  You can't tell who's actually good and who's not.  Judging a team based on 9 games is statistically worse then judging an NFL team on 2 games(5.5% for the MLB, while we are at about 12.5% of the NFL).  And you know damn well that you can't judge an NFL team on 2 games(just as a great example, the Bills were 2-0 last year 2 games into the season, and they looked like they were the best team in the league BY FAR(just as the New England Patriots after they were shutout in week 1)...over the next 15 weeks, they looked like the WORST team in the league).  So how in the blue f*** are you supposed to judge a baseball team on 9 games?  Could the boys in Bristol be any stupider?

Right now, IMO, the Sox are a top 3 team in the league.  Doesn't mean it will stay that way, does it?

LOL. I remember all of that Bills talk after they shut the Patriots out 31-0. Football is too goofy, though. 6-0 teams don't even make the playoffs at times (Vikings).

Baseball is much easier to predict, although people were picking the Marlins to finish in 3rd place this year? :nono

Blue Jays are a good team? :nono

Orioles? :nono

But otherwise, it's easy to predict.

LOL.  I remember all of that Bills talk after they shut the Patriots out 31-0.  Football is too goofy, though.  6-0 teams don't even make the playoffs at times (Vikings).

Baseball is much easier to predict, although people were picking the Marlins to finish in 3rd place this year?  :nono

Blue Jays are a good team?  :nono

Orioles?  :nono

But otherwise, it's easy to predict.

A lot of times it is easy to predict.

However, not a lot of people picked the Sox to be good in February. Not until March did I jump on the bandwagon.

And then there's the obvious "No one predicted the Angels/Marlins blah blah blah..."

I won't bore you with that. I think that's a little boring to read after a while personaly. Sure there are always exceptions to the rule. But people say that s*** because of what has happened in the past and what will inevitably happen in the future. There is a reason no one picked the Marlins to win last year...consider that they still have never won a division title(though that looks like it could change this year), and that the Angels, IIRC, had never won a playoff series before 2002, and you can understand why no one picked them. You can see why no one picks the Brewers, Pirates, Expos, Devil Rays, Tigers, Rangers, etc...what happens in the past sticks in the minds of many people and will make people think that way all the time.

I still look back and laugh at the Vikings not making the playoffs. You wanna know why they didn't make the playoffs? Because they lost to the 4 teams that finished 4-12 in the regular season(believe it or not, it's true...they lost to the Chargers, Raiders, Giants, and Cardinals....LMFAO). They win half of those games, and they are 11-5, and if they win all of them, they are 13-3 and looking at a first-round bye. That's why you have to beat those teams.

I also laugh because both the Vikings' and Packers' seasons essentially ended on a 4th and 26(while the Vikings season actually did come to a halt at 4th and 26, the Packers gave up a huge 4th and 26 that was basically a swift kick in the groin, and it ended right then and there when the people's champion Freddy Mitchell caught that ball)