Wood tossed, Pena gives Reds lead

see my prior post where I asked where we had seen that before, this is 1/2 the answer  :lol:

LOL, I still don't understand how anyone could want him back on the sox, first he breaks the wrong way on a ground ball that let Moises score, and then that throw, he's such a bone head player, and almost tried losing that game for the Reds.

I guess everything in the baseball world does average out. Cubs shouldn't of won yesterday and should of won today. :fthecubs

Listening to the radio (670 the Score) fans calling in are b****ing about the umpire and calling for Dusty Bakers head. Its still easier for Cub fans to blame everyone except their players for a loss.

BTW, Wood threw 131 pitches.

This makes up for yesterday when Casey was rung up in the 4th on a brutal call. The count was 3-2 with runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 out, in a tie game. Casey took a ball way outside and the ump struck him out. It was ridiculous. Even Chip Caray mentioned that it meant something for Casey to argue a call because he never argues. That call was basically cheating it was so far off the plate.

This makes up for yesterday when Casey was rung up in the 4th on a brutal call. The count was 3-2 with runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 out, in a tie game. Casey took a ball way outside and the ump struck him out. It was ridiculous. Even Chip Caray mentioned that it meant something for Casey to argue a call because he never argues. That call was basically cheating it was so far off the plate.

Just like in any sport bad calls hav a way of evening themselves out.

cubs lose and fans throw trash on field.... cubs win and fans throw trash on field I am sensing a pattern

Somewhere in my files I have clips from newspapers going through the 80s and 90s of scrubs fans trashing their field. I have one posted in my office from 1999 where a father writes about never taking his kid to wrigley again after what he experienced.

Don't let them lie to you - that cage was put in to keep trash off the field, that is why it is angled out. That cage was not put in for any other reason other then their fans trashing their own field since the 60s at least.

As far as the cubs mental state - I was reading the Grand Rapids Press a few moments ago and it described Baker going ballastic over something he failed to do, make a double substitution properly.

Today after Wood charged the ump he started thowing stuff from the dugout on the field. (Cub fans learn from their stars to trash the field.) That is total lack of self control.

If they are going to blow up game after game they will be mentally and emotionally spent by the end of May and will be lucky to get 62 wins.

Another great thing about this game is Baker left Wood in for 133 pitches. It's only April Dusty, you're going to throw Wood's arm off. Thank god we got a good manager who doesn't harm his pitchers.

Edit: He threw 131 and I didn't realize it had been mentioned earlier.

Another great thing about this game is Baker left Wood in for 133 pitches. It's only April Dusty, you're going to throw Wood's arm off. Thank god we got a good manager who doesn't harm his pitchers.

How do you know that Ozzie isn't harming his pitchers by keeping them in too long? If there ever was a good manager who made sure that his pitchers didn't stay in too long, it was Jerry Manuel.

How do you know that Ozzie isn't harming his pitchers by keeping them in too long?  If there ever was a good manager who made sure that his pitchers didn't stay in too long, it was Jerry Manuel.

For one, Buerhle and Wood are totally different pitchers. Buerhle relies on placement and movement, Wood relies on velocity and pure stuff. Wood, IMO, is much more affected for being kept out for a lone period of time. Also, I could be wrong, but I don't recall Ozzie leaving out any of his pitchers so far this year for 130+ - he's left Buerhle out there for 100+, but it's never gotten to 130.

LOL, a Cub fan just called the Score, now, this is coming from a Cub fan. He said that he's dissappointed that the fans that get tickets for the game, 50 % of them don't even watch the game and aren't even from the Chicago area, or basically they're Wrigley fans.

The pisshole up north has surely proved it's worth these past two days... :headbang Oh yeah, I love the Reds lineup, I hope they keep kicking the crap out of that Cubbie pitching staff.

Plus with Jesus, erm I mean Prior, hurt...wow.