Mubarak: Arabs Hate U.S. More Than Ever

Texsox

PARIS (Reuters) - Arabs in the Middle East hate the United States more than ever following the invasion of Iraq and Israel's assassination of two Hamas leaders, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said in comments published Tuesday.

Mubarak, who visited the United States last week, told French newspaper Le Monde that Washington's actions had caused despair, frustration and a sense of injustice in the Arab world.

"Today there is hatred of the Americans like never before in the region," he said in an interview given during a stay in France, where he met President Jacques Chirac Monday.

He blamed the hostility partly on U.S. support for Israel, which assassinated Hamas leader Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi in a missile strike in the Gaza Strip Saturday weeks after killing his predecessor, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin.

"At the start some considered the Americans were helping them. There was no hatred of the Americans. After what has happened in Iraq, there is unprecedented hatred and the Americans know it," Mubarak said.

"People have a feeling of injustice. What's more, they see (Israeli Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon acting as he pleases, without the Americans saying anything. He assassinates people who don't have the planes and helicopters that he has."

Israel says such killings are self-defense. But Mubarak said the assassination of Rantissi could have "serious consequences" and that instability in Gaza and Iraq would not serve U.S. or Israeli interests.

"The despair and feeling of injustice are not going to be limited to our region alone. American and Israeli interests will not be safe, not only in our region but anywhere in the world," he said.

Asked about Sharon's plan to pull out of Gaza, Mubarak welcomed any withdrawal that was agreed with the Palestinians and in line with a peace "road map" drawn up by the United States, the European Union, the United Nations and Russia.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The despair and feeling of injustice are not going to be limited to our region alone. American and Israeli interests will not be safe, not only in our region but anywhere in the world," he said.

basically that's a threat... and he's happy about it.

How exactly is John Kerry going to make all of this better?

Who gives a s*** who Arab's hate.  They never liked us "Infidel" Americans to begin with.

Wasn't that the root of the 9/11 problems? No one cared who hated us.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

basically that's a threat... and he's happy about it.

How exactly is John Kerry going to make all of this better?

By being a partner with the rest of the world, not acting unilaterally, not with arrogance, but in consultation. Bush took actions which many warned would alienate not only the Islamic nations but our own allies. The current administration acts as if they are Rome and can impose its will on other nations. Kerry will take a far better approach.

On September 12th 2001 we had every nation in the world in sympathy with us. Bush squandered that good will and alienated our own allies as well as well as many other people. Bush should be thrown out of office for that alone, squandering the good will of the world with his utter ineptitude and cowboy tactics.

For those who dumped on clintoin for "I did not have sex with that women" you have your match and more with Bush's "I do not have war plans on my desk." Bush's own interview with Woodward in the new book point out what a lie that was. And lying about a blow job versus lying about war plans... hmmm....

Kerry will do a far better job with foreign relations. It will take years to undo the damage that Bush has done. We have to start on 20 january 2005 with President Kerry.

CW,

They both were wrong. Clinton's lie cost im the ability to be active in solving problems. With the world wondering if it's the tail wagging the dog. Bush's lie certainly has cost more people their lives than Clinton.

Of course. I'm certain we all feel safer and more secure the more people around the globe hate us because we have Homeland Security keeping us safe. Let's piss off the Chinese, Hispanics, and Jews while we're at it. f*** them, they don't have anything we need. We can always nuke them all and move to another planet.

I think he is saying the opposite.  We would stop buying from them so they don't get our money, and we don't have the need for their oil.

precisely... follow me for a second....

Middle Eastern countries clearly have our balls in their tight grip. We're locked into giving a rip about what goes on their primarily because of oil interests (also some due to our support for israel, see: "conservative christians and their blind support for a semi-terrorist nation") we're stagnate and not growing because we lack the true economic independence that would come from self-sufficient energy supplies.

stay with me

let's say we develop new testicles on our shoulders and call them "fuel cells, solar energy, maglev technology, etc" we don't need no stinking first set of balls. we'll circumvent the problem and leave them in the literal, dust.

thoughts?

who gives a s*** who America hates?

We are only 6% of the world.  We damn well better care what others think of us.

We are 6 percent of the world who could wipe out the other 94% in 20 minutes if we chose to do so. With our military, economic and political strength as great as it is I think it behooves other nations to stay on our good side.

precisely... follow me for a second....

Middle Eastern countries clearly have our balls in their tight grip. We're locked into giving a rip about what goes on their primarily because of oil interests (also some due to our support for israel, see: "conservative christians and their blind support for a semi-terrorist nation")  we're stagnate and not growing because we lack the true economic independence that would come from self-sufficient energy supplies.

stay with me

let's say we develop new testicles on our shoulders and call them "fuel cells, solar energy, maglev technology, etc" we don't need no stinking first set of balls. we'll circumvent the problem and leave them in the literal, dust.

thoughts?

When the appropriate time comes that technology will not only appear but be ready to easily replace oil. By proper time I mean when there is another oil crisis ( I mean a real oil crisis, not gas that's 2 bucks a gallon ) which is either man made ( Middle East decides to stop selling crude to us ) or natural ( The planet starts to run low on oil ) ( Both scenarios are why I am against drilling in the ANWR at this time. ANWR oil is of far more use to us as a strategic hedge against the 2 scenarios I have outlined). At such a time we will tap the vast reserves in Alaska and Northern Canada while we bring fuel cell, hydrogen and related technologies online.

Until such time, however, oil industry will do everything it can to suppress any technology that could take its place in the near term.

Arabs contribute nothing to modern society except oil and terrorism!

Funny, one Arab that I know helped to generate new designs in smoke detectors. I know to many it might not sound like much, but those little buggers saved the lives of several people I know.

Funny, one Arab that I know helped to generate new designs in smoke detectors.  I know to many it might not sound like much, but those little buggers saved the lives of several people I know.

Key phrase...ONE Arab.

Check out the list of past Nobel Prize winners...see how many (few) Arabs (Muslims) there are on that list.