Texas Rangers

Walker...Texas Ranger! :rolleyes:

They have a good young team. Soriano is very, very good. A bunch of talented, young kids. I think Teixiera is hurt too. I doubt they have the pitching to hold off Anaheim and Oakland. Seattle is pretty awful so far.

Walker...Texas Ranger! :rolleyes:

They have a good young team. Soriano is very, very good. A bunch of talented, young kids. I think Teixiera is hurt too. I doubt they have the pitching to hold off Anaheim and Oakland. Seattle is pretty awful so far.

I agree with you, they won't last. But still, this is a wonderful start for this team, they've played NO ONE but AL West teams, and IMO that's still a pretty tough division.

I agree with you, they won't last.  But still, this is a wonderful start for this team, they've played NO ONE but AL West teams, and IMO that's still a pretty tough division.

They won't. The Royals had an amazing start last season, but only finished in 3rd. I don't see the Tigers, Brewers, or the Rangers in 1st very long.

They won't. The Royals had an amazing start last season, but only finished in 3rd. I don't see the Tigers, Brewers, or the Rangers in 1st very long.

The Marlins did the same thing, oh so did the Angels two years ago...they didnt stay in the thick of things very long. The Sox back in 2000, they fell out of first fast...

...it is easy to say none will be in first very long, but every year one team tends to find a way. The Reds have been playing well, beaten up on the Cubs some. Look at the Orioles. How about the Devil Rays who are doing okay.

The Marlins did the same thing, oh so did the Angels two years ago...they didnt stay in the thick of things very long. The Sox back in 2000, they fell out of first fast...

...it is easy to say none will be in first very long, but every year one team tends to find a way. The Reds have been playing well, beaten up on the Cubs some. Look at the Orioles. How about the Devil Rays who are doing okay.

Marlins and Angels won the Wild Card respectively. They did not finish in 1st. Reds, and D-Rays are doing well right now.. So what? They donot have the pitching to compete for first in their divisions (Cubs, Astros, RedSox, Yankees) At least The Marlins and Angels pitching staff was very solid. It wasn't great, but they got the job done, plus with a decent bullpen.

I heard Soriano wont be there past the All-Star break.

Now THAT is a guy that could complete this team. Can you imagine Soriano in the middle of this line up? Pipe dream I know, but KW has been know to go for it, and we have dealt with the Rangers before, and would imagine had conversations with them to get the set up of the Arod-Maggs-Nomar-Ramirez deal together.

Now THAT is a guy that could complete this team.  Can you imagine Soriano in the middle of this line up?  Pipe dream I know, but KW has been know to go for it, and we have dealt with the Rangers before, and would imagine had conversations with them to get the set up of the Arod-Maggs-Nomar-Ramirez deal together.

It would be hard for the Rangers to give up Soriano, and seeing as how the Sox need that type of spark plug, it could very well happen. But the price tag is going to be a couple of really good young pitchers, ie Cotts and the like. Rangers need pitching, no secret, and Soriano for a couple of really good young arms would be a win win for both teams. The Rangers are playing some ball right now though, amazingly enough....

Marlins and Angels won the Wild Card respectively. They did not finish in 1st. Reds, and D-Rays are doing well right now.. So what? They donot have the pitching to compete for first in their divisions (Cubs, Astros, RedSox, Yankees) At least The Marlins and Angels pitching staff was very solid. It wasn't great, but they got the job done, plus with a decent bullpen.

I agree with Tony, the Angels had Washburn, Ortiz, Sele, Appier, and Lackey...what a pitching staff. They just had guys have seasons like they will never have again...the Marlins are an exception, but they also went for it when they brought Urbina in and kept Lowell. Both teams got a huge boost from this minors during the WS (think Cabrera and Rodriguez respectively). There will be one team everyone said wouldnt last who makes the playoffs this year, it happens every year.

Just caught the local news, I really have not been paying that much attention, and they were blah-blah-blah-blah and the Rangers won 3-0 tonight.  And they're in FIRST PLACE?  Who would have thought that after A-Rod?

:unsure:

I was at that game. That was my first time at the Ballpark. Nice place. I didn't get the chance to explore much, though. I'll do that when I see the Sox there in July.

I was at that game.  That was my first time at the Ballpark.  Nice place.  I didn't get the chance to explore much, though.  I'll do that when I see the Sox there in July.

I live 15 minutes from there. I like going to the Ballpark to catch some games.