No Go on Rogers

Cali

No Gamble for the Sox

here's an interesting quote...

Agent Scott Boras indicated he will get a better offer elsewhere, but did not reveal the team. Boston is the only other team known to have both interest and financial flexibility.

"I was told there has been a resurgence in the market and that Mr. Rogers is a very desired person," White Sox general manager Ken Williams said Tuesday. "I was told he's going to get much more than I could dream about giving him."

No Gamble for the Sox

Agent Scott Boras indicated he will get a better offer elsewhere, but did not reveal the team. Boston is the only other team known to have both interest and financial flexibility.

"I was told there has been a resurgence in the market and that Mr. Rogers is a very desired person," White Sox general manager Ken Williams said Tuesday. "I was told he's going to get much more than I could dream about giving him."

boras is really gonna screw KR over....be funny if kenny ended up in japan. :lol:

No Gamble for the Sox

boras is really gonna screw KR over....be funny if kenny ended up in japan. :lol:

another typical screwing of the sox by boras. i am seeing boras as toying with kw and the sox on this one, i wonder if rogers was every interested in signing with the sox?

kw did all that he can and iwill give him credit for this. now lets not go after any player who has boras as an agent.

Guest hotsoxchick1

you can pin this one on boras thats for sure..... he came back at kw with a huge counter offer and kw laughed in his face...(ill pat him on the back for that much lol)....who knows though as the reality of japan sets in on rogers maybe he will wake up and realize that boras screwed him over and he will end up taking kw on his offer??? hey it could still happen.. ya never know......

I agree, at least KW tried to get us another pitcher in Rogers. Trying to sign Rogers is a lot better than not doing anything. I also wonder, did Kenny Rogers want to be a SOX(leaving aside what Boras wants)?

Anyway, I like Rauch and I think he will be ok if he showed the same confident pitching he gave us the last month of the season last year. Remember, he was once a great pitching prospect before the injury he suffered.

I am happy with Rauch, never liked Rogers all that much (as Wilbur on the MLB boards, pointed out, when has Rogers ever won a big game) and if KW laughed in Boras' face I will forgive KW everything other than not offering MB what he is worth --

KW to Boras: :headbang

and Pete, was your day as bad as you feared, did you get fired, or are you still among the employed?

Well...

My last job is to build the gallows in the parking lot so I can be hung until dead at noon Saturday.

In short.. I'm currently seeking employment.

- Pete

Oh well. The thought was definately nice, now we get to see Rauch show his stuff.

I can't believe the reports that have Loiza as our 5th starter. Rauch will beat him out. The Sox are now likely to start the season with a 4 man rotation though. So I think Rauch will open up in the bullpen and get his feet wet a bit again this season and then make his start later in April or early May. I haven't looked at the schedule yet to see when the Sox would likely go to a 5 man rotation.

LETS GO WHITESOX :headbang

and Pete, was your day as bad as you feared, did you get fired, or are you still among the employed?

Well...

My last job is to build the gallows in the parking lot so I can be hung until dead at noon Saturday.

- Pete

Oh well. The thought was definately nice, now we get to see Rauch show his stuff.

Wait, what? Rauch is taking my job?

He might be a fine cashier.. but, I think he's better off pitching...

- Pete

Well...

- Pete

I can't believe the reports that have Loiza as our 5th starter. Rauch will beat him out. The Sox are now likely to start the season with a 4 man rotation though. So I think Rauch will open up in the bullpen and get his feet wet a bit again this season and then make his start later in April or early May. I haven't looked at the schedule yet to see when the Sox would likely go to a 5 man rotation.

LETS GO WHITESOX :headbang

i checked the schedule..we only have 3 open dates in april..we will need the 5th starter right out the gate...a lot of cold weather games...besides what CW sox said in a different post about us having the tigers for 3 weekend series and no good teams on the weekedn like the yanks...seems we also get no holiday games either...two on the road and one we are off....boy are we getting screwed as far as the schedule goes

Well, there are no teams I'd rather have a young pitcher open against than the Tigers and other bad teams. Hopefully the schedule stays pretty balanced though. All I know is this team has way too much talent to fail. Anything less then the playoffs is a huge dissapointment and Manuel has a ton of pressure on him right now, so do the players.

I guess I'm kinda so/so on this. For one, Rogers would be an asset to our rotation; however, not getting him doesn't mean our rotation lacks depth. The signing of Colon was HUGE this season, and I'm thinking Rauch will do a fine job as that #5 slotter. We're going to be good with or without Rogers is what I'm basically saying.

I guess I'm kinda so/so on this.  For one, Rogers would be an asset to our rotation; however, not getting him doesn't mean our rotation lacks depth.  The signing of Colon was HUGE this season, and I'm thinking Rauch will do a fine job as that #5 slotter.  We're going to be good with or without Rogers is what I'm basically saying.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel.

Well Kenny, I hope you enjoy it in Japan or Tampa..

- Pete

I guess I'm kinda so/so on this.  For one, Rogers would be an asset to our rotation; however, not getting him doesn't mean our rotation lacks depth.  The signing of Colon was HUGE this season, and I'm thinking Rauch will do a fine job as that #5 slotter.  We're going to be good with or without Rogers is what I'm basically saying.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel.

Well Kenny, I hope you enjoy it in Japan or Tampa..

- Pete

think kenny can say..."wasabe"

Rogers is a good pitcher, and as I said in another thread....I don't think I am ready to totally forget about him....that is, until he signs with someone. I hope he signs with Detroit or KC or someone like that...and then pitches against Minnesota about 7 times this year...and beats their ass every damn time! :headbang :headbang :headbang