Koch is no longer the closer...please

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did Koch get the save? yes.... case closed... he got the job done

It doesnt matter what happened he got the job DONE

he was pitching good they kept fouling them off and staying alive, he K'd two men i mean cmon..

bottom line is, until he stops getting the job done, leave his ass as the closer

I consider this one a blown save just because it took a damn fine play by Uribe to win it.

You use your best relievers in high-leverage innings. Marte is our best reliever so he should pitch our highest leverage innings AKA the 9th. Koch is one of our worst relievers so he should pitch the 7th inning at the LATEST unless the game is a blowout.

It's not about how much money you earn, it's about how well you can pitch. Koch sometimes throws, nibbles, hurls, flings, and tosses but he does not pitch.

he was pitching good they kept fouling them off and staying alive, he K'd two men i mean cmon..

bottom line is, until he stops getting the job done, leave his ass as the closer

OK, so leave him out there, knowing that every time he's out there, thinking, is THIS the one he's gonna blow?

Please. I'll take the committee over this BS anyday. At least they all get a chance to prove themselves. Kock got the job done because Uribe saved his ass. Nothing more, nothing less. So Uribe got it done FOR him.

have to agree with that too

I announced that Neal Cotts should have been in for the save, but is that just ludacris?

Ludacris in concert is great (and yes I've seen him live :headbang )

Ludicrous are some baseball rules but only the last pitcher of record can get a save

Play got made, Koch got the save.  Whats the problem?  Or do we no longer count SP W's when they get bailed out by the defense.  :rolleyes:  This is a team game you know.

You're right. But this living on the edge every time out is getting old. I'd prefer "routine" every once in a while and then maybe I wouldn't feel this way.

You're right.  But this living on the edge every time out is getting old.  I'd prefer "routine" every once in a while and then maybe I wouldn't feel this way.

So would I but as long as he gives up one less run than our lead he is doing his job and should remain the closer.

You're right.  But this living on the edge every time out is getting old.  I'd prefer "routine" every once in a while and then maybe I wouldn't feel this way.

Jean Shpeherd once wrote that if he needed some soldiers for an impossible in the face of death mission he would take only White Sox fans because they have faced death everyday :lol:

Yesterday Koch was great at getting the save and most people were excited and saying how maybe the Billy we traded for came back. Then he comes and has a bad inning and now you're complaining. Honestly, it's been a while since he had this bad of an inning...and you know what, we still won. He's doing better now than we was, so I say leave him as a closer. Don't freak out right away and pull him from the role it just makes matters worse.

have to agree with that too

First off I agree billy is our closer until he blows another one, he's 4 of 5 in opportunities. Second, B.J. Surhoff is out on strikes if he doesn't argue with the umpire about strike two, the ump flinched and wanted to call that strike three. Billy got the job done, he let up two runs... yes, but got the job done. Also the only save he blew was a game when he came in with a three run lead. Today he also comes in with a three run lead. He's looked pretty damn good in the one run ball games. Billy seems to lose a little bit of a mental edge when he comes in with a bigger lead, which he has to get over.

First off I agree billy is our closer until he blows another one, he's 4 of 5 in opportunities.  Second, B.J. Surhoff is out on strikes if he doesn't argue with the umpire about strike two, the ump flinched and wanted to call that strike three.  Billy got the job done, he let up two runs... yes, but got the job done.  Also the only save he blew was a game when he came in with a three run lead.  Today he also comes in with a three run lead.  He's looked pretty damn good in the one run ball games.  Billy seems to lose a little bit of a mental edge when he comes in with a bigger lead, which he has to get over.

and I have to agree with that too --

sure hope Koch can learn to stand prosperity