5/22/04 Game Thread - Sox @ Minnesota

aboz56

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Guzman turn one deeper than that yesterday.

And I saw Guzman give Paulie Walnuts not 1 but 2 "infield hits" just two days ago that directly led to 5 Sox runs......I also saw Guzman with a terrible 770 ZoneRating and some of the awfulest, laziest routes to the ball ever........But whatever, the runner is safe regardless of who makes the pivot - watch the replay - Sox had 1 viable out on a semi-slow and deep hopper at 2nd and it was made. Uribe would have to throw 100mph to have a prayer at the runner at 1st and he wasn't even in the right position as the runner was sliding to take him out in case he tried to go across.

Not even close, in other words, but nice try.

I wonder what happens if Cotts doesn't throw that wild pitch that moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd - the next Twin hit a DP ball to SS......Instead of 3 runs, probably 1 score - 2-1 is easier to back from than 4-1.

Wild pitch is part of the game, though, so it's moot. Cotts laid an egg - was throwing fastballs almost exclusively and Twins just sat on it. Then he rolled a curve to Murneu and it was over.

Radke wasn't even that good. Sox once again can't handle an outside corner.

Tomorrow's a big game now; we're right back where we started if we lose the last 2 of this series.  We're one back of Minn again; it'd be huge going out of this series taking 3 of 4 and being tied for 1st.

Like I said, 3 of 4 was a must. This game was "losable" as Cotts is our worst starter while Radke is the type of pitcher Sox have difficulty hitting in the s***holedome.

Once Cotts threw the wild pitch and failed to put Lecroy away with 2 strikes in the 1st.....Once Thomas choked with 2 on in the 1st.....And once Hunter and Jones falshed some real f***ing leather......You knew the game was over in your gut.