Not the most flatering picture

Cali

actually he shows pretty good form...bend his knees a little more and not lunge and he would be perfect( bunting is the one thing i know inside out about baseball - when you cant reach the mendoza line in high school - you better be able to bunt !!)...maybe he should teach carlos how to bunt?? :o

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmmmmmm when you bunt shouldnt that hand be on the fatty part of the bat????? :nono watch out for those knuckles and thumb there joshey ol boy .. your gonna smash them both if your not careful.......... :nono

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh sorry and after further review his shoulders could be in better alignment too.......... but he is watching the ball...he can do that much right..........lol. lol lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

me too mat... as matter of fact the kids little league does alot better but.....whos complaining right.....lol......i just wanted to point out to baggs that i was paying attention in baseball 101 when they taught bunting...... ;) lol

me too mat... as matter of fact the kids little league does alot better but.....whos complaining right.....lol......i just wanted to point out to baggs that i was paying attention in baseball 101 when they taught bunting...... ;)  lol

actually his left hand is in the perfect spot...any higher up and he starts to put himself at risk for getting hit on the hand..any lower and he risks dropping the bat head and popping up the bunt :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
MJ sucked

he may have sucked but he was a good bunter..........cant deny that much......baggs take a real good look at his hand again.... its too low and the knuckles and thumb are not protected which is what they should be when holding it correctly, his hand needs to be a bit higher on the bat just a touch, but higher just the same.........i paid close attention in fundamentals at the park.. didnt you ??????? if not ill have to take you for a refresher course opening day.........lol :D

his hand is right in the center of the bat..thats where its suppose to be...it balances the bat and keeps the head from dropping...you put your hand higher on the bat and then there is less area to bunt the ball and the farther your hand goes up the bat the harder it is to cover the outside corner...he's fine the way he is doing it imo...

he squared up..covering the whole plate...looks good to me...and look at the ball...he got the bunt down..its going towards the ground

just noticed something in that photo too...theres tape right ere his hand is..im guessing a coach put that there to tell him where to put his hand???

geez..it must be too long an off season if we are arguing about bunting techiques :lol:

I agree with hotsoxchick,

MJ was a good bunter, and he was fast off the bunt too.

Also, his hand should be a little farther up on the ball, him being left handed (me being a switch hitter) he has to have his left hand a little more towards to barrel of the bat, so he can make contact easier, with more control over the bat. If your hands are too close to the thin part of the bat, the ball will hit and blow right past you. haha. :headbang

I' ve seen worse.

Everyone can say what they will about Mark Johnson, but, he was the only player on our team that could bunt effectively. Granted, some of MJ's bunts were full swings, but they were good bunts nonetheless ;) .

Harris is a decent bunter, so was Kenny when we had him.

Rowand's a damn good bunter too....and I believe Jose can get some down every once in a while.  I don't know about dickwad(Lofton) though....he couldn't get a bunt down to save his life during May and June...but he was good in April.

I still remember that game where there was a runner in scoring position..and lofton, the LEADOFF man, couldnt advance him, then durham got a hit and saved his ass :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
We will all look back on this picture when he puts down a sacrifice bunt on June 21 against the Cubs, successfully moving over olivo to second, enabling him to score 3 pitches later on a single by Harris. Hey, it could happen.

with olivos speed he will move over to third..........lol......... ;)