White Sox announce first upgrade of Phase V

greasywheels121

I assume that is the overhanging upperdeck. It would have to be over the existing seats, because if it were over the concourse, it would defeat the purpose.

Am I understanding this correctly?

What you described is what the Rangers have, and is what some people would like to see here.

Some fans are so crazy about this concept because Old Comiskey had it and people can't move on and accept the fact that the stadium is gone.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you described is what the Rangers have, and is what some people would like to see here.

Some fans are so crazy about this concept because Old Comiskey had it and people can't move on and accept the fact that the stadium is gone.

I was about three when that stadium went down, so I am not one of the people who are obsessed with the home run porch. If they make it, nice, if not, I won't be crying.

You sound like my English teacher.

All he is saying is that he has heard from a television broadcast that the seats will be green. I believe him, I don't need to know all the legal mumbo-jumbo you are associtated with. If it's just a rumor, so be it and I can deal with blue seats.

I heard a rumor that we were getting Griffey... and ARod... and Nomar... :rolleyes:

Forgive me for presenting... gasp.... facts! :o

Wrong $$. Sox don't use their own $$ for ball park improvements..  :P

That's why the park was renamed U.S Cell so they could make improvements. Of course I've neva been to the ballpark bf but every1 seems to say it's a great ballpark to watch a game so I don't think u can judge how it'll all look till it's actually made. And if it means we get more families and kids to the game and increases ticket revenue then it's a win. :)

What was wrong with how Comiskey looked in the first place? To me, Comiskey is the place where my favorite baseball team plays, nothing more....When the Sox aren't playing, does anyone really give a s*** to how the stadium looks off the highway? I didn't know the park needed to look like the Louvre to draw people in....

Using that arguement, why would anyone ever wash their car? Landscape around their house? Vacuum the living room? Make the bed? Dust? Mop? Mow the grass?

I like the look of it, but...

Will the LF shower be in the shade now?

Will there be access to this from the UD?

Will it look cramped into the space it's in?

Will we have to take out one of the advertising signs? :lol:

I like the look of it, but...

Will the LF shower be in the shade now?

Will there be access to this from the UD?

Will it look cramped into the space it's in?

Will we have to take out one of the advertising signs?  :lol:

1) No.

2) Probably not judging by the picture.

3) Not likely. If you look at the pick, the FUNdamentals area seems to go BEYOND where the old signes used to be. SO, that makes me think that they are going to build part of it outside the stadium so they arent trying to wedge it over a medium sized concorse.

4) AS I just said, it looks like the signs in that area will be removed. Which makes me think, what about the scoreboard thingy they they over there? Will it have to be moved?

I think just the Chevy billboard will be removed.

As to your #3 Athomeboy... I think some folks are thinking that it's going to be built ON the concourse where in actuality it's going to be "above" the hat shop out there. The picture isn't very clear, and their press release could have been a bit more detailed.

IMO.. it's gonna be a nice addition.

I think just the Chevy billboard will be removed.

As to your #3 Athomeboy... I think some folks are thinking that it's going to be built ON the concourse where in actuality it's going to be "above" the hat shop out there. The picture isn't very clear, and their press release could have been a bit more detailed.

IMO.. it's gonna be a nice addition.

What is right behind there? Is that the player parking, or the open walkway?

I think some folks are thinking that it's going to be built ON the concourse where in actuality it's going to be "above" the hat shop out there. The picture isn't very clear, and their press release could have been a bit more detailed.

Ah ok. I follow you. I was just making it clear to people that it wouldnt be just from the back row of seat to the hatshop. To me, by looking at the pic, it will extend beyond the hatshop. THat way it gives them more room. I just wanted to make sure that people understood they were going to try and cram this thing in the width of the concorse. By moving it up in the air, they have more room to play with.

What is right behind there?  Is that the player parking, or the open walkway?

COrrect me if I am wrong, but i think that is player parking out there. But, I doubt the FUNdamentals thing would extend into the parking lot. It would just extend to the current edge of the park.

Carlos is going to have to wear a batting helmet in LF just in case some kid jacks one. :lol:

Dude, when I first saw that, I was thinking almost the same thing. THere wont be any balls in the field area. THe batting and throwing areas look to be behind the diamond

COrrect me if I am wrong, but i think that is player parking out there. But, I doubt the FUNdamentals thing would extend into the parking lot. It would just extend to the current edge of the park.

You're right. There's a sidewalk about 50 feet wide. A driveway for media trucks then a fence, then the player parking. But I agree. I think it's just going to go to the edge of the shops roof. The way it looks to me there will be an "awning" covering a bit of the concourse, but that most of it will be "on top" of the shops and towards the parking lot.

What is right behind there?  Is that the player parking, or the open walkway?

Both. There's a walkway, then a driveway where media currently parks, then a fence, then the lot.

By the way.. a new media deck is also in the works according to the plans approved.. wonder where that's gonna go..

I heard a rumor that we were getting Griffey... and ARod... and Nomar...  :rolleyes:

Forgive me for presenting... gasp.... facts!  :o

It just seems to me that you are acting as if you are so great just because you have connections or whatever. I don't care about where the money comes from or what association does the renovations and what not.

I agree with you man, that is stupid...

You go to the GAME to watch the GAME... not to go do something else

I think it would have been better to put a HR poarch

also... why do you want GREEN seats??

I like green seats. It looks more baseball to me.

Both. There's a walkway, then a driveway where media currently parks, then a fence, then the lot.

By the way.. a new media deck is also in the works according to the plans approved.. wonder where that's gonna go..

Steff seems to know all the "private places" at the Cell :lol: :ph34r:

It just seems to me that you are acting as if you are so great just because you have connections or whatever. I don't care about where the money comes from or what association does the renovations and what not.

I'm not acting like anything. I posted what was approved. Don't like it, take it up with the ISA. I didn't have anything to do with it other than posting the facts.

What is a media deck?

A deck.. for the media... :lol:

Seriously, I have no idea. I would guess a platform for stationary camera's? :huh Or more seating for the media since the rumor about the current media area being turned into a resturant is still floating around.